• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November Due Dates (cont)

Congrats again Chary :) Breastfeeding is painful for the first few weeks, my toes curled every time my little ones latched during those weeks lol. It really does get better though! Putting breastmilk on your nipples and letting them air dry can help with any sores etc, there's also creams available.

How are you ladies feeling today? xx

Congrats Chary I'm trying to keep distracted today, excited to see when we start getting more babies!

Grrr bookity oh used to do the same, still does tbh! If DS gets up early hell keep kissing him and rubbing his legs/arms/ back and DS is like me I need to be left to relax and ill fall sleep! It's super scaldy!

Congrats chary unfortunately I haven't a clue bout bf'ing hope u can get something sorted!

Hi Coleey! Long time no hear! How are you getting on with your lovely little one? Glad to hear bfing is improving for you.

Nothing to report here, 1 week until DD, hopefully this baba makes an appearance soon!

Grrr bookity oh used to do the same, still does tbh! If DS gets up early hell keep kissing him and rubbing his legs/arms/ back and DS is like me I need to be left to relax and ill fall sleep! It's super scaldy!

Congrats chary unfortunately I haven't a clue bout bf'ing hope u can get something sorted!

scaldy... that's not one I'm familiar with. Does that mean annoying?? Sorry, lots of terms I don't know. Had to ask beankeeper about "snapsies" on fb the other day. LOL.

I think part of the prob is that DD sees me 24/7 pretty much and with daddy working most of the time that she is awake, it's a real treat for her to see him and be held so she just really DOESN'T want to go to sleep when she sees him. She was getting more awake by the moment. Eventually I had to put her in her crib and just let her be angry. She was quiet and laying down to sleep within like 3 minutes, but it feels like forever when she cries like that. :cry:

Chary, congrats to you. I think that bf-ing can really hurt in the beginnig while the nipples have to do some toughening up! Hope you are able to power thru. You can get some ointments that are safe for you and baby. Also medela (and probably other brands too.. not sure) makes breast shells that go over sore nips to relieve pain and keep stuff from rubbing against them between feedings.

Yeah I don't get scaldy either Phin :shrug:

:hi: coleey!! How are things?? :) :) I'm feeling ...... bored and fed up, but trying to make the most of my time with the little men in my life before the Little Miss comes and changes everything :haha:

OH and I are going to have a chat later .... Need to set some ground rules with regards to the monster in law, her visiting and her taking an unnecessary week off. Do these points sound harsh?

1) I don't need her taking a week off. A few days is fine, but we need to get used to this ourselves without her hovering around all the time.

2) She is not having the boys for a whole week. When I get home from the hospital, I expect them to be home too.

3) When my family come to visit, I don't want her about - my family have asked if it's okay to just have some them time with us and the baby which to me is fair enough - these are their grandchildren too. If she is going to be about, then we'll have to meet up with them somewhere as my mum really wants some quality time with all 3 of them.

4) Really don't want her just randomly popping over after work whenever she feels like it. Especially, when you go back to work as I need time to adjust being a mum of three - her coming over is just going to interfere with trying to establish our new routine.

5) Anymore digs/negative comments/doing things to the boys I do not agree with, then she won't be welcome in my house anymore. I also want her to do things MY way or she doesn't get them anymore.

I think all the points seem reasonable to me Charlie, it may be a case of working them carefully before saying them as it could sound a bit harsh. I know she needs to be told though!
I had a chat with my dad yesterday about not putting anything on fb straight away. There are people I'd like to hear our news first before the fb world gets to know!

Yeah Charlie. I think they are all fair points. It's just going to come down to wording and saying it in the most PC kind of way.

Yeah charlie, sounds reasonable. It's going to be difficult to communicate some of these with her though :( .

Thing is IF she is here when my family come over ... my mum won't be able to not say anything - which is good because, she has EVERY right to want to spend time with her 3 grandchildren without anyone else interfering. Plus, she doesn't see them very often, so she's going to be gutted with MIL constantly about ruining her time.

I actually don't mind that my MIL will (probably) be here when my mom visits, but that's probably because it's MY mom that really drives me nuts, not DH's.

If I hear one thing about my DD1s baby fat or if she makes any comparison between my children and her dog... :nope:

Wow, it's so weird that she has a thing about the baby fat, she is after all still a baby basically!!!

DH of course sprung on me that his parents want to come round after the baby is born. I thought I'd be seeing them at christmas. I told him to wait till afterwards and then I
ll say when they can come. If I'm too overwhelmed then NO WAY!

Ditto Bookity. It's my mother who really drives me insane all the time at the mo!
As we were leaving her place the other night, she asked us to let her know when labour starts.
As I was leaving her place today, (with lots of other people trying to talk to me at the same time) she must have told me the same thing again!! How many times is she going to ask me the same thing? Am I deaf?
She won't even let me have an off day either at the mo! I haven't had a good nights sleep in days and am therefore a bit sleep deprived and understandably slightly ratty, but when at her place I have to be all smiles and jokes? As I pointed out to her today, It's OK for her to have an off day, but not for anyone else!!!
GRRR
Sorry for the rant!
Think it must be the due date blues!

On a better note, OH has finally bought into eviction procedures! Loads of cuddles last night and again this morning! WOHOO!!! hoping the weather is good tomorrow, then we can go for a really long country walk!

Oh and my SIL had her baby yesterday. Little Keelin weighed in at 7lb 12oz / 3.5kg's

Cant believe I am over due lol so surreal! had hospital appointment today and I refused a sweep not sure why lol Turns out baby has a head, few! (engaged) and funnily enough my blood pressure was down. Hmmm I cant seem why! :dohh:

Happy overdueness to me fellow overduers! :hugs:

Bean & Charlie - All good here thank you and my little lady is doing great :)

You don't sound harsh at all hun, she needs to be told. :hugs: It's important you get your space with your little ones so they can bond with baby too and you can all get settled. xx

Ha sorry girls never realised its a word others wouldn't know! Ye scaldy = annoying... Very annoying lol!

Charlie I 100% agree u need all that said, and u need ur oh to realise ur not joking and deadly serious. Does he get defensive when u talk bout his family? I know I'm lucky that oh let's me set my own rules with what I'm willing to put up with, and he knows if I need space ill stop replying to her messages and not go to there house for a few days, but I know not all oh's will allow the ranting (my sis/bil for example!).

I def think if she doesn't listen u should let ur mam say it to her. Ur mam has the right too to see her grandkids too!

We have to have the talk bout smoking in front of the baby with my mil and tbh I can't wait! I'm sicka her coming to mine/in my car stinking the place outta it! It's disgusting! And I know oh will say it but it'll be up to me to keep it enforced!

Also on a very random note, did u see how Lucy is gone in xfactor? Lol

I saw that - but why has she gone?

On a different random note - Artem to get a 10!!! haha! What a chest he has on him!! He can dance topless every week!

Sk she was sick last week and got a free pass and cause she's still sick she quit said it wasn't fair to get another pass this week when she wasn't there!

Now I'm lost I dunno who or what artem is lol

Happy Due Date SK!!!

Phin - yes :( I'm gutted - LOVED Lucy!!!!

He's a bit of an odd one - sometimes he'll back me up, other times he moans at me for going on about his mum too much and how I should say something. But, as I keep re-iterating to him if he had an issue with something my mum was doing with the boys, there would be no hesitation in me asking her to stop it. I would NEVER expect him to turn around and feel awkward in telling her anything. :dohh:

Phin - I think Artem is off Strictly maybe?!

Yup Artem is one of the the professional dances on Strictly. He dances with Fern Britton this year and had his top off tonight! WOW is all I can say! What a body he has!! YUMMY!!

Looks like my baby is one of those 'too-cool babies' that my ticker is referring too!! No ways she is coming any time before midnight tonight! BOOHOO been on my ball today and planning on a good walk tomorrow!! FXed the weather plays along for me!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->