• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November Due Dates (cont)

Ok. I need some advice.

My mum smokes. She tries to keep it to the kitchen, but there is no door so the smell leaks out through the house, and if I walk in the kitchen without giving the smoke time to dissipate I start coughing.

Initially when we moved in here, it wasn't so much of an issue, but with my lungs being more cramped, my asthma is now starting to kick off over it, and I really don't want to bring my child home to a house that frickin reeks of cigarettes.

Tried to speak to mum about it, turns out her grand plan is to "control" the smoking, which she thinks she's doing by keeping it to the kitchen... we need her to take it outside. Each and every time, even when we're not in the house.

How the hell do I go about this? We're only *just* in a position to start paying "rent" and have been living off her charity since we landed (mid-September), so the only way I can see this going is badly... She's open to conversation about stuff but this is truly a delicate operation here.

Is there anyone I can get in to talk to her about this? Would a midwife be able to talk to her about things? We won't be able to move out for a few months yet until the new job is secured (probation period) and whatnot.

HALP!

Midwife or home visitor should definately be able to talk to her! There is lots of evidence out there that links passive smoking (anyone anywhere in house) with things like SIDS and childhood asthma. I know it's a really delicate issue but if she knows it will be for babies benefit then she might be ok with it?

Woah, Artem is on strictly? he used to be on so you think you can dance!! As a competitor :O
Lucy is gone? Booo! I havent watched last night yet :/

Julia I don't know how to get her to stop :/ It's a really hard situation!! I guess the only way is to talk to her again about it, but she sounds like she's not really going to listen.
I can so see her getting defensive because it's her house and what not, but really it's unfair. Especially if you have a bag and asthma, it's a bit ridiculous actually.
Maybe you're health advisor could say something when your mum's around after the baby comes? It's a really hard one :(

Forgot to say ladies I've woken up this morning to a bit of a bloody show and whenever I get tightenings they feel a little crampy and with some backache. I know they probably still aren't 'real' contractions (haven't stopped me doing anything and don't think they are regular although haven't timed them) but I'm still trying to be positive that things seem to be going in the right direction.

Sarah best of luck with CTG today :)

And :happydance: for anyone due or overdue today :)

oh exciting mrsb. i still own my plug so makes me feel better reading your post. Had some random pains yesterday which got me excited but then nothing. not expecting anything to happen till the end of the wk to be honest. struggling to type on this phone with fat fingers xx

Exciting MrsB, hope this means your time is close. I had a night full of (some regular) contractions, didnt sleep a wink until this morning, and now- nothing! I still own my plug though so I guess half my body isn't ready while the other half thinks it is! Hopefully make some more progress today.

Bean - you may not lose your plug until you go into labour/a few hours before :hugs: It won't be long! :)

1eighty - the only thing you can do is talk to her or get a midwife/hv to stress the importance of smoking outside and the dangers of second hand smoke to the baby. I'm sure for her grandson she should have no hesitations in going outside?

Lost plug but contractions still irregular. Going to bed for now :)

Im in exactly the same boat as you bean! No idea what going on with these pains, really erratic still. Fingers crossed for both of us :)

I hope to wake up tomorrow to see some 'I'm in labour' posts or 'BABY IS HERE' announcements ;)

Hi everyone just to let you know my yellow bundle turned into a little baby girl at 2am on November 4th, she weighs 7lbs 11 and doing great, we got her home yesterday evening xxx

https://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/mezie1991/E7F4CC38-117C-404C-A0E9-F6D9D45FED2D-619-0000003448033FF8.jpg

Sharon she's stunning congrats :)

1eighty as for ur mam I'd def try get someone to talk to her. I have the same situation Cept with mil but difference being I get to come home to my own house and not put up with her smoke. It is a tough one but again an important one, I hope u can get her to understand!

OH just made up my bouncer for me... Looks so teeny ha so I'm doing a big scrub of the sitting room armed with my sponges and bleach lol off to try get more hb tabs too I'm well and truly exhausted and sick a seeing 2am!

Have you gotten the strong HB stuff from your doctor yet Phin?

I'm hanging alright! I had a sweep yesterday, it was horrendous! I think I might have just had a really bad one... Felt cramp afterwards and have some real contractions. But today I'm back to the mild half bh half contraction kind of things...
Waiting to go back to the doctor in 15minutes or so, see where we are at.. He might book me in for an induction later in the week, which i really don't want to have to need :/

Have you gotten the strong HB stuff from your doctor yet Phin?

I'm hanging alright! I had a sweep yesterday, it was horrendous! I think I might have just had a really bad one... Felt cramp afterwards and have some real contractions. But today I'm back to the mild half bh half contraction kind of things...
Waiting to go back to the doctor in 15minutes or so, see where we are at.. He might book me in for an induction later in the week, which i really don't want to have to need :/

Really, sounds like they are really on the ball over there. No messing. My midwife was saying they let you go two wks over. I suppose I have turned down two sweeps. Was it really that bad? oh my....

I dont think other people have found it so bad. I think if it's really painful you can tell them to stop too. I just know I have an ultra sensitive cervix normally, so I think it was just bad for me :/ . But you by no means have to have one if you dont want one!

Ok, I have folded and taken a pic of my huge bump!!
Still no sign of this madam making her grand entrance to the world any time soon! BOOHOO

40w+2d!!
https://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w346/strirrel/DSC03756.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"