November Due Dates (cont)

Sounds promising Phin, really hope this is it for you!

I have a new ticker :D yay!

There's no before and after in the US, so once my leave officially starts, I have 12 weeks to play with (and that's only because my employer is big enough to be forced to abide by the FMLA rules). If I deliver late, I'll have fewer days to spend with the baby. It's pretty disgusting, the whole system. Once my time is up, I can ask for extended leave, and I plan to, but we doubt it will get approved. Either way, I'm not going back to work before the kiddo turns 6 months.

I won't get paid for the 12 weeks, though. I have only like 14 sick days to use up, and then when 2013 starts, they'll make me use up all of my vacation, too. So that's about it.

Awesome system, isn't it? :/

Ohhh phin sounds promising fingers crossed for you.

Jaz that sounds rubbish but its similar in the UK. You say when you will start your leave up until due date and then you have a set number of weeks where you will get paid statutory rate (or various pay depending where you work) if you choose to go on leave at 38weeks and are 2 weeks overdue then you effectively loose out on 4paid weeks with baby, but hey what can you do? Hope you get some rest and your bundle decides to make an appearance soon :)

haha... my pathetic maternity leave. I mean, the sad part is that, starting Wednesday, they are crossing the days off of my calendar WITH the baby, too. But oh well, screw it all. I can't work anymore, I'm tired.

Same here, Jaz... I'm starting mine on Friday and being induced next Wednesday so technically I've taken some time away from being at home with baby, but I think it's best for my sanity to take a few days for me time.

Which brings me to my latest update... I'm being induced NEXT WEDNESDAY!!! Baby is measuring a week ahead and is already estimated to weigh 7lb10oz according to the ultrasound (so give or take a few)... Doctor says if I want any chance at a vaginal birth it'll be best to induce then. Woo Hoo... can't wait :)

aww Jaz - that sucks!! Hopefully, your little man comes on his due date!!!

Phin - how was that walk??

Mrs - EEEEEEEEEEEEK yaaaaay for induction!!!! :) :)

Woohoo mrs! :) super exciting!

I'm hoping to get either a sweep at tomorrow's appt or some news of being induced too! Hoping they'll try the sweep but I dunno what shell say!

Today's not been a good day (see fb for rant ;)) so I'm eagerly awaiting bed time. Hope I can actually sleep tonight! Oh has to go away for an hour tonight so might try do some defuzzing in case I get a sweep!
Still lots of cramps and needing the loo every 5 mins but hopping the stair climbing is doing me some good ha!

Sorry Charlie posted at same time! Did bugger all at my walk ha does sitting by the river looking for fish count ;)

My feet r really bad tonight I've def got cankles. I'm bracing myself for the protein etc to show again tomorro! Please god they just decide to induce and not admit. The bets have been put on the 15 th as arrival date by my mam and me tho so hmm who knows lol
I've also a cold... Ya ya I know I'm a whingy pregie today lol least I'm not a hairy one any more tho ha!

Going to the bathroom that often is a really good sign! That happened with me before Michaela was born! I was at work and spent more time in the bathroom than the salesfloor (at least I was getting paid for it, LOL). Literally every time I got up I felt like I had to sit back down, it was ridiculous!

Yup that's the way i am with the loo! I'm okish when I'm sitting /lying but second I stand I need it now ha... Pity I'm not getting paid tho lol

Sorry you're not getting paid for it Phin!

You might not even make it to your appointment tomorrow. Or you'll go and find out your like 5 cm or something!

I have an appointment tomorrow morning, but I don't expect to hear anything big. No internals, perhaps an ultrasound and they'll check my weight, blood pressure and urine.

But that's fine. I don't have to go to work after that!

Still got a niggly feeling about today but don't want to put too much thought into it, it'll scare it away!

So we have a date hurrah! I am getting induced on Friday yay! wasn't quite what I planned but I just want her out now and safely.

The midwife said they would happily let me go another week if I wanted as everything is well bp, baby, me etc. Imagine that 43 wks pregnant, thanks but no thanks lol I have enjoyed it but that's just crazy talk.

Im not in this to set records I just want my baby lol. Im looking forward to it as we are going to make a day of it or two lol buy lots of treats etc :happydance:

Everyone else ok?

Ah Whatwillbe glad uve an end in sight!

I just got a sweep done (which bloody hurt lol) and I'm at +1 station (google says that's good?) very crampy now in my back and stomach but nothing yet. I've also to be admitted to the hosp cause bp high again and I've a headache but protein not in urine any more! So god knows what they'll say! I've induction booked for latest Monday tho so suppose I've an end in sight!

Woohoo for knowing your dates, girls!

I'm about to start getting ready for the appointment. Not looking forward to the weigh-in, simply because it's very cold outside, so my different clothing set will add a new pound or two immediately, plus the fact that my legs now carry a bit too much fluid, too, which mostly only I can see, but still, arrrrrrrrrrgh. Hate.

Yay for induction dates whatwill & phin! Excited for you both :)

Phin - I didn't know you had been admitted again! So sorry hun. Have they said anything about how long they'll keep you?

Vanessa is here! 8 lbs 19.5 in. Roughly 3 hrs labor, no drugs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->