November Due Dates (cont)

Another pink! Man, the females are dominating November pretty good!! :) Welcome.

Did you find out where your OH had been Lucy? Hope everything is okay!

Hey girls, just an update of the OH situation.
He came home at half 6 with a massive bunch of flowers and a very sorry look on his face. At that point i just broke down.
He explained that this morning he had a call from his work, they offered him a higher paid job and wanted him to go in for an interview - explains why his phone was off when i tried to call him.
The interview took a lot longer than he thought and he still had other things to do.
At this point i felt so bad as he went in for the interview as he knows it will help us more financially when im on maternity leave and didn't want to miss the opportunity.
He then tells me how sorry he is for being late because he knew how much today meant. He then pulls out an envelope from his coat. I open it, its a card and inside are vouchers for a spa weekend away in cornwall!! At this point im majorly crying. He then told me tomorrow he has cancelled all his plans and we can do what we wanted to do originally.
I feel so mean now as everything he done today is for us to make sure we can be comfortable when bubs arrives.
I must say i am now very very happy and next time i should know better ha.
Thank you to you all for making me feel better :) Don't know what i would have done without you all.
Xx

Awe, that's a sweet ending to a nice story. :)

My OH was out riding his motorcycle when I got home from a long day at work. So sick of his fancy-free lifestyle. I'm starving and I have no intention now of cooking anything for us. Ugh!

Lucy, I'm glad everything turned out to be fine, or actually even better than that!

(I'd probably still yell at him... eventually, hahhaha. But that's me.)

I'm still stuck at work. One of my co-workers in on vacation this week, so I'm stuck in her afternoon/evening shift, which I hate more than anything. I mean, I hate this job regardless, but some shifts are just worst than others.

I knew his return would involve an anniversary surprise and I'm incredibly cynical normally. :D

Fingerscrossed he gets the new job.

I'm due November 24th with a boy...
I haven't moved over to 3rd tri just yet. I'm not ready to read all the this is it threads knowing I still have 3 months left..
I def will be stalking this thread daily though so I wanted to introduce myself.

Oh god girls think I just had an official melt down at oh!

He came home to say he might be working nights in a few weeks for 6 weeks, now ye ok I know it's money etc etc BUT he works 6 am until 8 pm every night as it is, then later if he is needed. If he goes back nights I'm home all day alone and then all night. We've been trying to get our farm venture established so it's been a whole since DS oh and I have done summat that doesn't include work, and also this has been an ongoing thing for the last few years! All money we have goes right back into the land and I really am at breaking point of not seeing him! I never really say anything cause he usually gets defensive if I do so I had shut up but tonight I cracked!

Got really upset, and tween my sobs I explained exactly how I feel. (dunno bout ye but my oh won't fight with me pregnant) so for once he actually didn't get defensive and really listened to what I was saying. He told me I need to ask if I need more money and not let it be building up in my own head (Ive up until the middle of next months spare money that id have assigned each week on things I need) that he knows I'm just trying to free up as much of his wages for him that it's causing me to worry, which is tru!

He told me tho he feels he needs to take on this other job he can see we need to sit down and work through the farm money that he was only thinking at the weekend how we haven't done family time in a while!

Feel but less stressed cause he knows how I'm feeling but why can't I now stop crying lol he didn't offically say ok no I won't take on the job so I'm still worried, but least he knows how pressurised I'm feeling and is gonna try!

Ugh it just feels very anti climax like we've just had a major major talk, but not really resolved!

Need to go read jokes or summat to try calm the crying! He knows how I feel now and really listened I just gotta hope he takes it on board!

Sorry that you had a fight :(
I know you didn't get anything resolved, but is there really a good solution? I think it might be one of those ones where you end up picking the solution that you hate the least, rather than a good solution...
I know mostly when my DH and I fight, we never really solve anything... oh not to mention he NEVER fights with me, just stares at me when I yell... it's quite infuriating!!!

Welcome to the Newbies!

awww yaaaay Lucyjo!! What a lovely surprise!!

Phineas - I wish I knew what to say :hugs:

Phineas, That does sound like a frustrating situ, I hope something does get resolved, even as Sarah says, it's the solution that you hate the least... :hugs:

LucyJo, I'm so glad he's okay! I was hoping that it would be something like that, but I totally understand why you were upset, I would've gone a bit crazy! Great news about the job though! And enjoy your day today & your spa & weekend in Cornwall! Amazing!

Glad alls ok Lucy!

Poor Phineas, I'm no help but big hugs xx

Thanks girls :hugs: lol glad he doesn't fight with me cause normally we can spend hours screaming and then not talk for a night! Was nice to both be able to say our peace and still go to bed together not fighting!

Although he hasn't said any more bout the job I really am not giving in on it! I'll text him in a lil while again and tell him I don't want him to take it, hopefully he'll listen lol

Lucy glad thinks r ok, I too woulda just cried especially cause of how worried u were! Hope ye get to enjoy today instead!

Ugh! Went to bed at a reasonable hour, about 11:30pm, after feeling quite drained. Dozed right off. Up at 4:00am. Lay there for half hour. Go eat cereal. Lay back in bed for another hour. Give up. :( I know that by noon at work today I'm going to be very very sorry that I'm awake right now.

Oh that sucks Oh_so! :( Can you take a long lunch break and have a nap?

Oh that sucks Oh_so! :( Can you take a long lunch break and have a nap?

I wish. I have a long day today, booked an instrument at work all day so need to use the time because otherwise I won't get this week's work done (it's booked up the rest of the week). Boo! I'm feeling tired but I just can't sleep now. I am not sure if I should just head up to work now or try to relax for the next couple hours. ?? :wacko:

Hang in there! I wish I could tell you to load up on coffee!.. :(

So frustrated. Theoretically I'm moving to Wales on Sunday but my husband, who has been over there working for the past month, still hasn't gotten everything together so he can move into the house we are supposed to be moving into. I can't book his flight or our ferry until he does. I can't cancel our utilities over here until I know for sure. I'm so stressed. My parents are planning to come up and help me pack but until we actually know I'm definitely moving there is no point in them coming and now if he gets things sorted out I'll only have 3 days to sort everything. I know he's really busy with work, but they gave him one working day's notice to start a job in a different country and he made it clear that he'd need to take the time to sort accommodation once he got there, which they had no problem agreeing to, but as soon as he starts a job everything else flies out of his head. I'm supposed to be seeing a Welsh midwife on Monday so I can get registered ASAP and now I don't even know that I'll have moved or if I'll be moving at all. I've been told today that my iron levels are too low and I'm sure the stress has contributed to it.

At least I passed my second GCT, gestational diabetes runs in my family so the hospital were keeping a close check on my glucose levels. I've already become unable to consume dairy in pregnancy, if I had to go on a dairy free, diabetes, pregnancy diet I'm not sure there would be anything left for me to eat.

Also on the positive side I found us a perfect car for transporting our two dogs and an all terrain pram. And I got an ideal sized travel crate for the dogs to keep them safe and comfortable while travelling, which arrived today. I'm including a photo of them testing it out and then looking a bit depressed when they saw the camera, as they guessed that meant I wasn't actually taking them anywhere. Just because it looks cute and cheers me up. :D

12%2B-%2B1

Can you do any of it yourself? I know there are things I have to do for my DH or they wont get done :dohh:. Can you get the number of the landlord or anything and organise the move without him? Obviously it'd be better if he just did it, but perhaps it'll be done faster and you'll be able to relax some more if you do it. :hugs:

Grats on your GCT test!!!

And good ol' springers :D

So i've been off my antihistamines for 5 days, I'm sneezing like crazy right now and my mind feels like it's filled with water or in dream land.... But weirdo I've also developed this red patch on my face, it's flaking and I think I have it on my scalp too, it's itchy :( I'm really hoping it's eczema, although I've never had it before. On the other side I'm scared I have ring worm or have developed psoriasis :(.

Reason I have been off them is I have an allergy/lung appointment tomorrow.

Also, I just bended back my nail and gave myself a blood blister :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->