November Due Dates (cont)

Awe, are you girls normally nervous at doctor's offices, or just with the baby? They are only there to help you. Nothing to be afraid of. They can't do anything you don't let them do, and all the monitoring is so we can know what's going on. :) If you have GD, they will help. If you have high BP, they will help. It will all be okay.

Jaz, I know you're nervous about the GTT, just try not to psych yourself out. It's gross, but it's totally doable. Especially if you're eating first and have just an hour. I promise you'll be okay. :)

I've got a check-up tomorrow, too. Seems like a big day for the November ladies. I wish they'd give me a scan! :(

Im getting a 4d scan I think :) My GTT is not for another week or so cant wait till its over with lol

I'm not nervous at doctor's offices at all. It's just nausea-related things that freak me out!

I'm not nervous at doctor's offices at all. It's just nausea-related things that freak me out!

Oh, I hear you. I get motion sickness something fierce. Can't sit in the backseats of cars, or even be a passenger if the roads are winding. I absolutely abhor nausea. My guess is that like me you'll get through 2/3 of the drink begrudgingly before the last 1/3 is tough to get down. But, I got it down, and I'm a weakie stomach-wise. GL!

I'm never nervous at drs appts think it's just cause last time I went in fine and within 5 mins of being there I was bleeding and it didn't stop until the next day!... Baby E il do without that this time please lol DS asked of well have to wait as long as we had before.. Sorry Hun but yup probably! Wouldn't mind a scan either tho... Doubt I'll be that lucky! Ha

I had higher BP last time, 140/70 I believe, Normally I'm 120/60.

Good luck today Jaz~!

Oh Phin, that must've been really scary! But at least you've had nothing since, which is really positive. I does scare you though right? I think that's where a lot of my work stress stems from, as my last bleed happened at work after a busy weekend when I was most definitely overdoing it!

I'm not usually too bad at docs/midwife, but since my stressy episodes I've not been great. And I tend to get a bit stressed right before they take my BP, and then it'll come down a bit when I've relaxed. Hey ho, you're right though Oh_So, they're there to help...

Hiya all!

Just reading your posts. Does anyone find when they go to the docters you forget who knows better the docter or the babyandbump girls lol
Sometimes I feel like I know to much from the over googling and B&B forum that when I come away I think hmmm don't believe you, even though you have gone through years of training and actually know what you are talking about. lol
:blush:

Anyone, or probably just me?

Yep I get you! I don't get it so much from the doctor, but I definitely get it at my birthing class!

I'm getting mad :/ I had my allergy appointment today at 8.45. We managed to get in to see the doctor at 9.30. Then waited until 10.40 waiting for a test to be done. At which stage it was too late and my DH had to go supervise an exam at the uni(he's my translator!). So we had to rebook... Which of course isn't until monday. So now I have to go another 5 days without antihistamines.
I don't get why they have to be so f-ing disorganised and slow at German doctor offices! I spent 2 hours there and I wasn't even half done!!!:growlmad:
I should just let it go, I can't change anything, they aren't going to magically change because it pisses me off...

Woohoo Ive only put on 4.2 kg in 26 weeks! Meaning I lost 1kg since last week... Woop! Bp perfect on the lower end of what I normally am, and no blood or infection! Baby moved and is lying head down instead of side ways which I knew I don't get bladder kicks often now! And got to hear its heartbeat! A lot slower than I ever heart DS's!

I agree I don't really ask questions unless I need help or care, easier to just ask bnb!

Sarah is say ur raging over ur tests. Hard to just say oh well but I agree try not stress out too much. Get ur oh to book the day off so no matter what u will get it done!

Yep I get you! I don't get it so much from the doctor, but I definitely get it at my birthing class!

I'm getting mad :/ I had my allergy appointment today at 8.45. We managed to get in to see the doctor at 9.30. Then waited until 10.40 waiting for a test to be done. At which stage it was too late and my DH had to go supervise an exam at the uni(he's my translator!). So we had to rebook... Which of course isn't until monday. So now I have to go another 5 days without antihistamines.
I don't get why they have to be so f-ing disorganised and slow at German doctor offices! I spent 2 hours there and I wasn't even half done!!!:growlmad:
I should just let it go, I can't change anything, they aren't going to magically change because it pisses me off...

It's not just german doctors that are slow... I always check in early and make sure my morning is clear when I go in and take a big book :( the vintage gossip magazines don't get any more appealing the longer one waits

Woohooo!!!!! The house is sorted, my husband is moving in tonight and will be back here Friday night so we can move Sunday. My parents are on their way and I only have 3 more things to cancel.

Ugh! Sarah, that sucks! I'm sorry that you've got to go longer without your tabs :hugs:

Yay to good dr/midwife appointments Phin! Mine went pretty well too, measuring on target, my BP was fine, babt's HB was 132... Happy days!

Just a question though, see when your midwife/doc is measuring your fundal height, how low down to they measure? Is it right to your pubic bone?!

Im not sure beankeeper!

Ive spent all day watching One born every minute/The midwives.. Im weirdly excited for labour!

Im not sure beankeeper!

Ive spent all day watching One born every minute/The midwives.. Im weirdly excited for labour!

Me too I'm really excited (you can tell i'm a first timer!) I will have my bags packed and will be waiting outside the hospital on my due date! I'm ready to go where do you want me lol:happydance:

Can I get myself added? I'm due Nov 21st based on LMP but Nov 16 based on anatomy scan. Not sure which one to put up there! :)

Got you added keepholingon. Welcome
I put you down as the 16th since it seems most docs go by your anatomy scan. My actual due date LMP is the 12th but the docs put me down as the 9th according to my scan.

I am going to MIA until friday. I have my last two finals and they are hard ones.

So to any new ladies welcome!!

I will get you added asap! But please feel free to join in the conversations and you may need to remind me if I overlook you still needing to be added after this weekend. As you can see this thread has lots of posts and its hard to get caught up sometimes :haha:

Hope you all have a wonderful next few days!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"