November Due Dates (cont)

I think blood pressure normally drops in 2nd, it should start coming back up now. Just random info for you!

Thanks Oh_so!
Unfortunately she was the only nurse available and usually she can take my blood with no problems, i just think because i hadn't eaten and was quite dehydrated she struggled with taking some today!
I feel quite gutted as i really wanted it over and done with today, but ah well.

I also thought the cut off point for having the GTT was 28 weeks (which i will be tomorrow) but according to a midwife i spoke to today she said it can be done at any time?!

xx

We are planning to cloth diaper!

We are going to use Glowbugs cloth diapers...we already have one pack of 12, super cute prints, and they are coming out with 12 new prints mid-October (I'm due early Nov.) so I'm hoping to get 12 of the new ones so we have 24 unique diapers!

https://glowbugclothdiapers.com/buy...category=1443222&mode=product&product=5827401

Never seen a bad review about them! And the prints are SOOOO cute!!

I also thought the cut off point for having the GTT was 28 weeks (which i will be tomorrow) but according to a midwife i spoke to today she said it can be done at any time?!

xx

I was speaking to someone yesterday who had a GTT at 13 weeks! She said her doctor told her that her BMI was borderline too high and they had her do one at 13 W and she will have to do it again at 28!

I thought that was strange, as I am overweight with a high BMI but I only just did the 28 week test.

Morning girls :)

Well we got some good news yest, mil's cancer isn't back active so although it's still everywhere it's not spreading further yet thank god! So had a nice day with oh after that news, and he then went and sold some of our stock to clear some of our bills! All in all it was a good day :)

Baby's walking along my belly today which is really weird of a feeling! Feeling really good today too and got myself a new razor to de fuzz myself when oh goes to work :)

Also I'll be 28+1 so if it had to be 28 exactly I'm out too so I wouldnt worry!

Congrats momma!

I'm doing clothies!! I've bought 7 AIO Tots bots to start me off (and disposables until she fits them) I'll buy more if I'm not too overwhelmed. I'm not easily overwhelmed, but I just didnt want to invest heaps and heaps and realised I hated it!!! I was thinking about getting some bumgenius too :wacko: but I'm not sure.
I know 7 probably will be only 1 day, and maybe not even that, but even if I'm co-diapering (hehe!) I'm doing/learning something :D

Do you like reusables liners or flushables? Reusables can be hard to get here, but I'd like to try them! I was thinking totsbots as well, but there is a german brand I could try too.

For home, cloth liners. For nursery, flushable liners as this suits their set up better. First of all I bought 10 cloth liners (fleece) on ebay (I think for 3.50) then I needed more and people on here suggested cutting up an old fleece blanket or buying a cheap fleece blanket, so i got some fleece in a poundshop and cut up my own cloth liners. Fleece doesn't fray so you don't need to sew, just use fabric scissors.

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!

Doc appointment went well today. Im measuring at 29/30 weeks, just a little ahead of myself but here is the news!
Today she scheduled my c-section for November 2nd provided all keeps going as is! So thats just one week before muy due date. And I start seeing the docs every other week now.

It just hit me how fast this is going to fly by now! :happydance:

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!

Doc appointment went well today. Im measuring at 29/30 weeks, just a little ahead of myself but here is the news!
Today she scheduled my c-section for November 2nd provided all keeps going as is! So thats just one week before muy due date. And I start seeing the docs every other week now.

It just hit me how fast this is going to fly by now! :happydance:

Ooooh a date, so now the excitement can really begin! :winkwink:

I was suprised they went ahead and gave me a date. I figured they would wait at least until I was around 35 weeks. But she said the OR books up with scheduled sections so she wanted to make sure she got a date now. I have to be there at 5:30 and the section is scheduled at 7:30. It felt weird filling out paper work for something that is still 11 weeks away. But come to find out, my doc is due 2 days after me. I didnt even know she was preggers!

Having a date now makes it all so real. At least I can start planning :winkwink:

Omg momma woohoo! That is crazy that u have a date! Def very jealous! So roughly 11 weeks till the November clan start popping... Eek! Don't think it'll hit me until like 4 weeks left lol

I was suprised they went ahead and gave me a date. I figured they would wait at least until I was around 35 weeks. But she said the OR books up with scheduled sections so she wanted to make sure she got a date now. I have to be there at 5:30 and the section is scheduled at 7:30. It felt weird filling out paper work for something that is still 11 weeks away. But come to find out, my doc is due 2 days after me. I didnt even know she was preggers!

Having a date now makes it all so real. At least I can start planning :winkwink:

11 weeks?? you must be getting your C about the same time as I'm due!!

For home, cloth liners. For nursery, flushable liners as this suits their set up better. First of all I bought 10 cloth liners (fleece) on ebay (I think for 3.50) then I needed more and people on here suggested cutting up an old fleece blanket or buying a cheap fleece blanket, so i got some fleece in a poundshop and cut up my own cloth liners. Fleece doesn't fray so you don't need to sew, just use fabric scissors.

Ooo that's a good tip! I was thinking about getting the bamboo ones, but I think I might do that instead! Do you mean like Polar Fleece? actually, come to think of it, Ikea sells 1.5m x1.5 meter fleece blankets for like... a euro?

Anybody have "superbabies" by that I mean your LO is laying oblong or long ways... OMG she refuses to fully turn the past few days and it is SOOOOO uncomfortable.

I keep saying she is playing superman. :)

Yay for all the good news!

I've been busy again, wading through a huge sale at some church in the area. They have awesome kiddie stuff, as well as maternity, for like no money and the event is scheduled twice a year. For $97 I bought a ton, including more barely used cloth diapers.

...which then answers the cloth diaper question: I'm doing in. We have about 30 diapers so far (or so I think :lol:), mostly one-size, but there are a few small ones, which I hope will get us through the early days. I'll have some prefolds for the newborn days, which I'll also use as inserts for the pocket ones, if I'll need more than one insert per diaper (which I at least occasionally will). I assume we need more bits and pieces, but there's still time - I usually buy on sales, etc. There's an awesome Chinese site that sells them for like no money ( a l v a diaper is the name of the company and I can't link you to it because the forum doesn't like it - wtf. - I even had to add spaces to get it to go through). Anyway, they're cheap, but they're very good and they deliver for free. They make diapers for other companies, too and a bunch of my friends use them!

I will get a few bibs for just in case purposes and I don't really plan on getting washclothes. We have some tiny face towels already and there's always bits and pieces of cloth around the house (clean and soft, of course) that I can use. The term washcloth was something new to me, anyway, when I first made it to the US, haha. I guess we just don't use that back home.

There might've been something else I was going to say, too, but I forgot. Oops.

I just booked a scan in Minneapolis, one of the 3D things. At some photo-like studio, or whatever it is. $119 for a session, but oh well. We're going up there on the 25th, so that's next Saturday. They had an opening tomorrow at 10, but I am sooooo not skipping my yoga class because of it!

Anybody have "superbabies" by that I mean your LO is laying oblong or long ways... OMG she refuses to fully turn the past few days and it is SOOOOO uncomfortable.

I keep saying she is playing superman. :)

I know what you mean, I dont feel particularly uncomfortable but my midwife couldn't figure out where her head was 2 days ago. She eventually said she could feel a foot or something and after searching for her heartbeat becided she was lying transvers in a banana sort of shape!

yaaaay MommaB!! Am So jealous :) :) eeek 10/11 weeks doesn't sound long AT all!

I keep saying this little madame won't hold on until November .. for some reason I have this strong feeling she's going to be a halloween baby :haha:

yaaaay MommaB!! Am So jealous :) :) eeek 10/11 weeks doesn't sound long AT all!

I keep saying this little madame won't hold on until November .. for some reason I have this strong feeling she's going to be a halloween baby :haha:

I honestly think the same thing! I even told my doc I dont think I will make it to November. Think because my son came at 37 weeks I feel she will too.

What happens if you go into labour earlier? Will they still do a c-sec??

I knew my 2nd was gonna be late .. he was a stubborn boy all the way through lol, but the way this lady is going - she is more like my first who was 4-5 days early! ... But I just have this feeling about not getting to November lol.

really dont understand, from previous experience(rhesus neg mummy and nurse) last resort is blood taken from foot, or more commonly a cannula in the back of your hand x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->