November Due Dates (cont)

Benedryl is an anti allergy tablet but it makes you drowsy & is considered safe in pregnancy, more so than most sleeping remedies.
I had a lot of problems sleeping before I was pregnant and took valerian quite regularly but it's not approved for pregnancy & I didn't want to take any risks, so I switched to Dr Bach's Night Rescue which just (sometimes!) helps me to calm down & stop thinking.

So... I've resorted to wearing my DH's flip flops... nothing else fits (apart from sneakers but it's supposed to be 35 degrees today!

Afternoon girls,

Only just woken up as i'm on the night shift tonight and tomorrow :( Only 4 more after this weekend though :D

Baby is getting me worried today though as she isn't moving as much as usual. I'm hoping she's just having a lazy day! Going to have some brunch and see if that gets her wriggling, usually does!!

With the heartburn situation i've been chewing on Gaviscon chewable tablets and they seem to be working fine :)

xx

I got summat in boots girls it's called Maalox, it's in a white bottle and suitable after 3 months of preg! I took 2 spoons last night and again before bed and yup no more heartburn! I'm in Ireland tho so dunno if ye all can get it?

You get Maalox tablets here (Zimbabwe), both regular and plus. I use the plus (which claims to have an antiflatulent in there as well... HA!) because it's lemon flavoured, the regular ones are mint. Thing is, I've been craving milkshakes since switching from Tums... I reckon because Tums are also a calcium supplement and Maalox don't have calcium.

Both work well for me, though some days the stated dose information goes out the ruddy window :p

The weird tingly half-hearted tattoo feeling I've had over the past week has now morphed into proper belly itch... but still, weirdly enough, only on that one patch of skin :shrug:

@SarahDiener - don't be tempted with crocs - they might look as if they'd be better for circulating air and stuff, but I got terrible heat rashes on my feet even when wearing them (actually thought I was allergic to them at the start). Flops are probably your only option if you have to wear anything on your feet. You can get cooling sprays from Boots etc that have mint extract in them, good for hot feets, and where you can just soak them in a bowl of cold water. If you do get heatrash on your feet, you can get a steroid cream from the doc that takes the itch out of it (or even just get OTC hydrocortisone 1%). OH! and if you're out in the sun? Sunblock. Sunburned feets are paaaaaaiiiiinful.

@Beankeeper - I didn't know Benadryl was on the safe list, OMG so glad to hear it! Am prepping for another round of hayfever, it'll be nice to know there's something I can take for it!

Oh so, I was the one that takes the benadryl. My doctor told me to take it to sleep. I have been doing it for a week now and have slept amazingly!!! And LO is stilll very active. I understand your caution to wanting to take anything while pregnant but if you can just do it twice a week.

It does say to discuss with your doc before taking anything though.

So, sorry if this is a bit TMI, but I've got constipation again over the last few days & now if I try to go bubs goes crazy! It's really off-putting lol!

Sarah supposably for swollen feet soak in Epsom salts, if u bnb search it seems to work for some people amazingly! My swelling has eased a bit unless I'm driving but usually by drinking water it goes down. Although we've had rain ere so that prob helps!

Bean I get weirded out going to the loo when baby moves too lol kinda like eek bitta privacy ere lol! Only thing I've found to help is drinking a smoothie! By the second day I'm sorted!

Bean I get weirded out going to the loo when baby moves too lol kinda like eek bitta privacy ere lol! Only thing I've found to help is drinking a smoothie! By the second day I'm sorted!

You can add wheatgerm to smoothies too, helps lots. Sprinkle it on cereal, bake with it, cook with it, add it to pasta sauces... it can hide in practically anything and will help you "go".

I reckon I'm lucky, baby doesn't seem to kick when I'm in the loo :p

Girls Im having a right rubbish day. Baby's barely moved all night and all today and its really worrying me now :/ Everyone keeps telling me im over reacting but i just dont like how quiet she's being,it doesnt feel right! :S Reckon I should ring the hosp?

Wandering get urself water lie down and rest and see if u get a kick. Or poke round a bit see if u can wake baby up! If u r worried tho ring.

I've had a few odd days recently. Not quiet just baby more active at night than early morning but I do get worried so ring if ur tormented! :hugs:

Wandering, have you had ANY movement? My bubs has defo had quiet days but I'd still had the odd kick from time to time so I just kept an eye on it & eventually s/he became more active. I've you're really worried tho I'd give the hospital a call, they'll know whether it's necessary to check up. She could just be growing & having a lazy day though.

Wandering - My little one has been quiet all morning but finally started to kick about now. Is there any food or drink that usually gets her moving? If so try that. When my LO is quiet i play music on my phone and place it on my belly, that usually gets her wriggling too.
If you are worried though give the hospital a call, they will be more than happy to help :) xx

I know mine always goes crazy for sugar or a cold popsicle type of food. You may try that to get her to move.

I agree - try ice cold water or a cold diet coke with some chocolate and lie on your left side. If that doesn't work try on your back adn see where bubs is and give her a little prod - if still not happy call L&D asap!

Sarah, I have to say that these croc flip flops I got are super cushy in the heel and I like them better than all my others, even my more expensive ones:
https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...mdn=Price&cp=4406646.4413987.4417990.12688789
(Crocs Women's Capri sandals)

Wandering, how's it going now? Movement yet? I think if I didn't feel baby for 4 hours I'd be nervous, too. If you can't get some movement with some of the things people have said I'd just go ahead and ring. Third tri, we're supposed to be doing kick counts. I don't do them really, but if I were getting less movement I would!

I'm a little late to the party, but mind if I join? :) xx

Wandering, if you want kicks, lie on your side and breathe deep into you belly. It might take 5 minutes but it wakes them up. Works every time In my anti-natal class. Also, if anyone wants to share kicks with their OH, this is a perfect way to get the baby going :)

Most allergy medicine is fine, I took one that had antineausea propertys at the start of my pregnancy (not that I suffered, it was just a nice bonus!) and now I;m on another one that makes you sleepy (shouldnt even drive). But I'll probably change to the one I was on pre pregnancy.

@SarahDiener - don't be tempted with crocs

Yeah I never considered crocs, but actually looking at the leather ones oh_so posted they look really comfy! Unfortunately (or luckily) they don;t seem to have a size available that I could wear :)

Sarah supposably for swollen feet soak in Epsom salts!

I forgot about epsom salts! But now the shops are closed :(. Water never seems to make much of a difference. I might put some bath salts in a bucket and let it cool down... see what that does!

Any suggestions on what to take for a horrible case of heart burn?? Ugh it feels like anxiety in my stomach but it's not I have nothing to be anxious for!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->