November Due Dates (cont)

I've heard mostly bad things about Moby Wraps, mostly because of the stretchy fabric they're made of. I have a ring sling that I got as a hand-me-down from a dear friend, so I'll start out with that. Then we'll see from there.

We're expecting a heavy baby. Don't know if that will be the case, but if it follows me and OH it will be between 9-12 lbs. lol! I don't think I want to carry all that weight on just one shoulder, and OH gets headaches from that, so we're not looking at slings at all. I've considered the Babyhawk Mei Tai to start with, but me and OH would wear different sizes so I'd have to get them used to afford to buy both of them since they aren't really permanent. We might just take our newborn to the store and see if we can get away with the Ergo straight away. :flower:

Jaz, I already got mine in the mail and it's not too bad. Maybe I'll try to put my dog in it to see (I have a 15lb pug) :) The material is a bit stiff, but I haven't washed it yet... It's still in the packaging.

Mrs.....If you can get the dog in the sling I have got to see pics of this :haha:

I just noticed I've not been added to the due date list.

I did post a long time ago but I guess it was overlooked!

I'm due November 4th with a baby girl!:cloud9:

Mrs.....If you can get the dog in the sling I have got to see pics of this :haha:

LOL! I actually don't think it'll be too hard... but I'll definitely take a picture and share if she'll go for it :rofl: Who knows! If she likes it, I may dog wear her while baby does tummy time so she feels the bonding, too :haha: (just kidding, of course!)

A_K I think when you posted we were transitioning over from second tri to third. SO sorry you got overlooked. :dohh: But I got you on the list now! :thumbup:

DH is away on business for the week, so I'll try to get her in the sling tonight - that way he won't be around to judge me for it (hahaha!) I should have pictures to share tomorrow :) hehe

Then this should be good practice for getting baby in and out by yourself. :rofl: Only I hope for your sake baby has alot less body hair.

Awh momma ur son is back in school already is he? (or is it play school/crèche?) DS not back until the 3rd so another 2 weeks! I have the urge to start nesting bit not sure if I wanna follow through yet lol is this laziness or will I get passed it and actually nest? Doesn't help I fell behind on our bins so Im trying to burn as much as poss so I don't have rubbish every where! Hopefully this week will see my bins up todate again!

We personally aren't baby wearing (I actually don't know of any one who has here! We have the graco travels system so that's good enough for us ha!

Bean congrats to ur sis, did u get a hold yet? I'm seeing baby's all over today but no one I know that I could get a cuddle lol

Yep he started back last thursday. He is a big 4th grader now! This was the first year he did NOT want me to walk him into school the first day :cry: I think if I did not have this LO on the way it would have really bothered me that I would never get to do that again. I guess its one perk to having my children so far apart in age. By the time this LO starts pre-school, my son will be starting HS! Crazy to think right?

Well, after more research I think I've finalized my decision, as far as can be done without actually trying out a carrier. I'm going for the Beco Gemini. It's adjustable for me and OH, distributes the weight well, and can even be worn forward facing, which although I know is not the best at least this one is ergonomic for it (carrier harness goes to knees, not a crotch dangler like the Bjorn).

Whew! Glad that's over. Now I've just gotta make the plunge and buy it at $130. At least it can last 'til baby is 35 lbs. I doubt I'll be wanting to carry a baby that large around anyhow. lol!

It is kinda sad tbh I love when DS grabs my arm when walking reminds me he still is my lil man no matter how grown up he thinks he is! Gonna be weirder tho going back to the baby stage tho, but I'm really excited bout it! No matter how much I love DS this time it's so much better where circumstances r concerned! ( I was 15 when I had DS and only moved in with oh when he was 1 and half!)

Congrats bean!
I'm definitely starting to feel tired again :( I hope this isnt going to be the way it is for the rest of third tri!

I agree with the circumstances! I was 22 and married to an A-hole. So I was a stressed out momma from the start and did not get to really enjoy the baby phase. We divorced when my son was not even 2 so he does not even remember us living together, which is honestly a good thing as he was such a jerk. This time I get to be a SAHM and student. Alot less stressful. And with me being in my 30's I think my patients are alot more stable than that of when I was younger. Your right, it will be odd going back to the baby phase again after being so established with a child that can for the most part take care of himself. But im also excited. I honestly figured he would be my only after never finding my prince and only dating frogs. But finally my prince arrived and our little girl is on her way. (so cheesy :rofl:) Its funny how life falls into place sometimes. Guess it takes patients.

It's great Momma! Everyone deserves their prince charming!

Oh, so i went to the pharmacy to pick up a few natural medicines (not homeopathy). Like peppermint cream for helping with breathing and other such things. And I wanted to get my antihistamines at the same time. (FINALLY BACK ON THEM, BLISS!). So my DH does all the talking, it's easier that way when I don't speak good German, and the lady starts giving us a lecture about taking antihistamines while pregnant (which mine are a 50year old drug that has never caused any problems with pregnancy, not to mention it's a freaking prescription from my OB/GYN!!!). And also fills our bags up with pamphlets on how to reset your bio-floral balance with homeopathy! My DH was so pissed he was just about ready to start lecturing her on the difference between natural medicine/herbal/plant based medicine and homeopathy. Which he's such a unconfrontational person, this would be so out of character!

Rant over!:flower:

So most of us will have Scorpio babies.
Do you guys believe in horoscopes and what your signs say for you?
If the saying is true and my son is anything like his dad... in a few years.. the little girls in school are gonna be in trouble! lol and so am I! lmao

Yay for being back on your meds!! I stoped taking mine for just a day and suffered!

Some people!! While yes re-setting your own bio mico-flora is a great thing, it is NOT for everyone. Some people have special needs that there body cant do on there own. In her line of work you would think she would get that! Thats why they make meds, to help those whos bodies cant naturally help themselves. Good for your DH to have your back though!!

So most of us will have Scorpio babies.
Do you guys believe in horoscopes and what your signs say for you?
If the saying is true and my son is anything like his dad... in a few years.. the little girls in school are gonna be in trouble! lol and so am I! lmao

Uh oh! He sounds like trouble!
And yeah Momma, 10 days was a nightmare! I itched everywhere, I woke up feeling like I hadn't slept at all... and that's without all the other sneezing, running nose, itchy eyes, itchy ears, etc etc etc!
But with this woman, really she shouldn't be giving opinions at all on medicine that you have a prescription for...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->