November Due Dates (cont)

That's how I sleep too, sort of in between side & front. My hips ache when I'm fully on my side & my hips are square, even with a full body pillow tucked in between my knees. Sometimes I pop a couple of pillows under one side of my back so I'm kinda on my back but not flat... If that makes sense?!
Hope you get some sleep soon, it's horrible not being able to sleep. I'm defo having an early night tonight after my Skype date with my sister & new baby nephew!!

I had a horrible, mostly sleepless night. Thank you, cat. Argh.

As for bras, ugh. For a while, I couldn't do underwire, so I bought a few sporty-looking, stretchy somethings that remotely hold my D cups (in Europe, I still wear C cups, here, it somehow matches D :shrug:). Those were about $20 a piece, and I had a huge discount coupon so they're fine... for yoga. Or around the house. Otherwise I feel like I'm going to trip on a football. Oops.

Yesterday I ran to Target and picked up two nursing bras, Gilligan O'Malley, or whatever that brand is, for $5 each, on some clearnace. Underwire, but padded, so a DD cup would probably work when I get even bigger. Or who cares, because they were cheap and the only choice I could find. One of them is also godawful ugly and not my style (leopard, ugh, hello...puke!), but for $5? I guess I'll live. :lol:

Nothing's leaking from my boobs and they're no longer very sore, but instead just slightly sensitive. For a while, I nearly cried. And many weeks ago, I even had a mild case of mastitis. Wtfffff.

Thanks, Ladies. I'm actually really uncomfortable leaning in toward the bump. I have a giant preg pillow that I use, but like you said, hips still hurt. I also sometimes lean a little back, but still on my sides, but I don't manage to stay this way. Just uncomfortable in any position for long I guess. My OH jokes that my side of the bed is hundreds $$ more than his with my giant 100$ pillow, the baby's $70 sheepskin & an extra duvet under me. lol! And still, my hip is sore. :( I'm so tired today, I don't know how I'm going to make it. I really need mid-day naps, but there is nowhere to nap at work. They should buy us a hammock! Really need rest!!!

Not having sleeping trouble just yet. I'm sure my hips will start aching soon though.

My hip pains started up this week. So far they are fine early on in the night but after a couple hours the one I'm lying on starts aching, I roll over and go back to sleep for a couple of hours. Then that one starts aching so I roll back over the other way. Unfortunately the relief doesn't last long the second time and for the last 2 hours or so that I try to sleep they both just ache regardless of what side I lie on. I sleep with a body pillow and try to use that as best I can to ease the pressure on my hips but I haven't yet found a way to get rid of the ache. It's probably compounded that I moved house at the weekend and have gone from sleeping in my own kingsize bed to a regular double and I just don't have as much room to spread out as I'm used to.

In other new house complaints, the stupid top oven doesn't work properly. I got a really nice M&S dinner and despite having it in at the supposedly right heat for nearly twice the advised cooking time half my chicken was still pink. :nope: I have one rumbly tummy and two very happy dogs. I just really wish I'd picked up something more substantial than strawberries for dessert.

Not having sleeping trouble just yet. I'm sure my hips will start aching soon though.

My hip pains started up this week. So far they are fine early on in the night but after a couple hours the one I'm lying on starts aching, I roll over and go back to sleep for a couple of hours. Then that one starts aching so I roll back over the other way. Unfortunately the relief doesn't last long the second time and for the last 2 hours or so that I try to sleep they both just ache regardless of what side I lie on. I sleep with a body pillow and try to use that as best I can to ease the pressure on my hips but I haven't yet found a way to get rid of the ache. It's probably compounded that I moved house at the weekend and have gone from sleeping in my own kingsize bed to a regular double and I just don't have as much room to spread out as I'm used to.

This is exactly how it happens for me, too. But, I'm still in our king bed, so I think you'd still be having the pain either way. Most days during the day hours my hips are fine after waking, but some days they stay sore all day. :( May we both be given some :sleep: soon!

Thanks, Ladies. I'm actually really uncomfortable leaning in toward the bump. I have a giant preg pillow that I use, but like you said, hips still hurt. I also sometimes lean a little back, but still on my sides, but I don't manage to stay this way. Just uncomfortable in any position for long I guess. My OH jokes that my side of the bed is hundreds $$ more than his with my giant 100$ pillow, the baby's $70 sheepskin & an extra duvet under me. lol! And still, my hip is sore. :( I'm so tired today, I don't know how I'm going to make it. I really need mid-day naps, but there is nowhere to nap at work. They should buy us a hammock! Really need rest!!!

This is going to be hard to explain, but... I've had the hip problem all my life, and this is how I deal with it. I rotate my hips so that I lengthen my side that is on the bed. basically imagine you lift you legs up straight from the side lying position and your hip that is against the bed moves further down the bed, and the hip that is on the top, moved further to your head. I don't know if it'll help you guys, but I find if I move off my point of hip this way, it takes the worst pain away. Also if you bring you knees further up towards your chest (still on your side) it can help as well. I hope that helps!! :hugs:

I have had a day! It seems like the smallest things are setting me off... I sat in the restroom at work for an hour crying this morning. I just couldn't stop enough to compose myself to walk back into my office... I definitely feel pregnant now. The conversation that's been going on in this thread definitely brought a smile back to my face though, so thanks for that ladies!
How's it going? What upset you today? :nope:

telling ye girls if ur nips r itchy express and rub in! It really seems to help I think! I'm not itchy but starting to spurt if I lay wrong on them lol
Yeah, apparently it helps produce colostrum if you rub the pre-colostrum into your nipples, somehow it helps prepare them :shrug:. So says my midwife :)

Can't get decent bras out here for anything close to a reasonable amount... so I hoicked the wires out of an old plunge jobbie from La Senza and it does the trick. I have a Triumph t-shirt wired bra which has plenty of room for growth... and I wear that when my favourite stripy one is in the wash. Thing is, both leave marks on the girls :( but it's not feasible to go sans bra in public (34FF pre-preg).

Have you tried online? I'm not a fan of not trying bras on, but maybe there is something good that does delivery to africa? Or do you have relatives in the UK or something?

Sorry for the long post girls! Things go so fast, all I did was go to Yoga!

I remember my hips hurting like that with DD1. I never got an expensive pillow. I'd put one between my knees and one behind my back. The one between my knees never stayed though. It was always on the floor in the morning. Maybe a body pillow would be nice this time.

I remember my hips hurting like that with DD1. I never got an expensive pillow. I'd put one between my knees and one behind my back. The one between my knees never stayed though. It was always on the floor in the morning. Maybe a body pillow would be nice this time.

They are nice! I love mine :)

Agreed, as much as I'm in pain I know it would be much worse without the body pillow. Mine's a little excessive, perhaps, but it's a big giant U shaped pillow called Comfort-U. Nothing can fall off the bed. :p

Agreed, as much as I'm in pain I know it would be much worse without the body pillow. Mine's a little excessive, perhaps, but it's a big giant U shaped pillow called Comfort-U. Nothing can fall off the bed. :p

How much does that cost?

$100. Expensive, but most of the other pillows only go around 1 side, or are not very thick. I was just frustrated losing my pillows to the floor all night, couldn't take it anymore. I have enough trouble with sleeping as it is. for me it has been worth it, even on my meager salary. OH says he's taking it after baby comes. lol! I find him in it sometimes napping. Very cute. :)

https://www.amazon.com/Comfort-U-Total-Pillow-Support-CU9000/dp/B0010BBN7M

I have had a day! It seems like the smallest things are setting me off... I sat in the restroom at work for an hour crying this morning. I just couldn't stop enough to compose myself to walk back into my office... I definitely feel pregnant now. The conversation that's been going on in this thread definitely brought a smile back to my face though, so thanks for that ladies!
How's it going? What upset you today? :nope:

It sounds silly, but I got a rude email from the boss this morning about me coming in late (after I text him to let him know I was stuck in traffic). I was 3 minutes late... didn't seem like a big deal to me, but obviously it was to him and the email just set me off... I think I'm being a bit too hormonal :cry: I'm better now thought that I've had a chance to vent to some of my coworkers and decided it's not worth stressing over. DH also told me today that he's working hard so I don't have to work anymore. That definitely helped out :)

Thanks for asking :flower:

Got you added Mediveal!

And Mrs. I really hope he can do that for you!! I love staying home, although I miss shopping and hate being on a budget, its worth it not to have the stress!!

I feel like im the same as last week... He might have dropped though....
Im 28 weeks :)

Attachments

• Photo0172 (1).jpg
    Photo0172 (1).jpg
    17 KB · Views: 5
Its funny I tell people Im 28 weeks and they give me a dirty look and act like they dont believe me...

Got you added Mediveal!

And Mrs. I really hope he can do that for you!! I love staying home, although I miss shopping and hate being on a budget, its worth it not to have the stress!!

Thanks! I feel lucky because after my big final exams (happening in October) all I have left for my degree is working on my dissertation. So I get to do a little of both, a little of working but on a flexible schedule so I can spend lots of time with my LO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->