November Due Dates (cont)

I can't figure out grocery lists and similar things. We've tried several times and those things ended up being a waste of money for us, unfortunately. I guess I'm just too used to having a convenient store/supermarket wherever I turn (in Europe), within a couple minute walking distance, pretty much, so I still can't wrap my head around the huge grocery shopping concept.

It's just that I can't plan the meals and then actually be sure we'll either want that food, or have time to prepare it. Then it often just goes to waste. :( So I just shop several times a week. :shrug:

I would love that. We do have a corner market, but it's this co-op organic expensive one so we can't afford to do all of the shopping there. I usually buy our meat twice a month at BJ's (a couple ducks, chickens, some lamb, frozen beef, fish), then weekly we go to Wegmans for fruits/veggies/dairy/etc. Planning doesn't take me as long now. I just look at what meat we have and consider what I can do with it, whether that gives us 1,2,3 days of food for that meal, and how my work schedule looks. I try to anticipate feeling like crap some days and not wanting to cook, so I usually put in one hummus or pasta meal that I'll randomly move to that day. But, lately more days have been rough on me. :cry: OH is a terrible meal planner, and he needs explicit instructions to prepare something. I think he feels inadequate at this with compare to me, which makes him not do it, which makes it harder on me in turn.

I WISH we had cheap nearby markets. I used to live right next door to an Andronico's out in Berkeley. It was awesome!

Ugh having the worst nights sleep thanks to foxes screaming outside the window! Most horrible noise ever :(

Baby had the hiccups for the third time today! Googled it to see what it meant and it says it shows the lungs are maturing which was nice to read. Then it says increased hiccuping could be a sign of a cord accident and the baby struggling to breathe. Wish I hadn't read that bit! Just another thing to worry about :S

Hope everyone's getting a better nights sleep than me anyway. Stupid foxes!

I think that means "increased" from normal hiccupping. You might have a hiccupy baby that gets them 4 times a day. I do. But then if all of a sudden it's non-stop we should probably get checked. Don't worry too much. There have been a lot of hiccup threads lately that have eased my mind on it. :hugs:

Mommab - how nice is your OH sending you pizza!!! That's so lovely!!! :)

Destyni - I agree with all the other ladies. I'd make a kitty somewhere, where every time he gets a pay check he puts his half of the bills in it and no less. Otherwise, I'd be finding somewhere else to live cause this man doesn't seem the least bit prepared in having a baby on the way! You can't buy yourself expensive cars like that when you have a baby - they need A LOT of things!!!!

My DH keeps saying "but you already bought things today...".
For some reason baby things are my things :shrug: and also, YEAH! SHE NEEDS STUFF!!

It feels so crazy :D 10 weeks is so little O_O

I agree!! Although my ticker is a week behind my delivery date now I also have 10 weeks! EEKK. And it seems like for the next month and half something is going on here everyother week between my docs appointments, my 3/D sonogram (which is monday :happydance:), babyshowers, my grandmas 80th B-day party. I think its going to fly by!

Ok its taken me about 2 hours to catch up on all that I've missed the last 2 days! OH MY GOSH! we are a chatty bunch!
Welcome to all the new ladies!

Momma - so glad your OH is fine and recovering! Your OH sounds as lovely as mine! esp after the ordering pizzas! Gotta love them!
We have a joint account and everything for the house and LO is meant to come out of that account. I admitted the other day that I have bought most of her clothes on my account and he told me to take the money out of our account! I am soooo greatful he is really good with money.

as for the nipple talk - someone mentioned that colostrum is orange - sometimes when I just gently rub over my nipples a really thick bright yellowy stuff comes out. I presume this is the colostrum?

Destiny - as much as I have learnt to appreciate vintage - darn that car is ugly!! Its wheels are way too big for it! almost boardering on monster car type! Hell no!! I woud suggest using your own money to buy a car now. Its your money and you buy what you feel would be right for you and LO now.

AFM - just having a really lazy day. So glad I'm still in school holidays and can just do what my body wants! And that is pretty much nothing and eat crap all day! I have a pile of wrappers next to me - an empty packet of marshmellows included!!
Thinking it might be time for lunch and then tackle the rest of the ironing?

OH yes and I'm joining you ladies tomorrow - 10 weeks to go and starting to freak out!! Just ordered the car seat and Isofix unit this morning! :wohoo:
Hopefully ordering the furniture next week then I can get the room organised!

LOL I know what you mean skweek. If I go away for half a day and come back to see whats going on here, there are like 10 pages of new conversations. :haha: We are some chatty silly ladies for sure!

I wish there was someway I could bookmark where I am up to in the posts :p It always takes me a few minutes to find myself again :D

Yay for Isofix/carseat, we need to get ours too :/

I just bought more reusables!!! EEEE!

I agree - bookmarking where we got up to would save a bit of time!
How I'm going to keep up when I'm back at work - I dont know! Someone will need to give us a general daily update. haha

If your subscribed to the thread and choose the option instant email notification, it takes you to the last post you read once you click the link despite how many post after there are

the girls are killing the boys for november! doubling the numbers then some.
im happy to have a healthy baby.. but i still wish i was on team pink
does that make me a bad mommy to be? :(

Not at all!!! I was posting on another thread that I have my 3/D sono this coming monday. The reason I am doing it is because at my 20 scan the sonographer said "well I dont see any boy parts so it must be a girl". Not convincing enough for me. Im scared that when I go they will tell me nope its a boy when all ive dreamed about is having a little lady and now my hopes are up that I actually am. Honestly I would be crushed and only have 10 weeks to wrap my mind around another little man being in my life.

It doesnt make you a bad mummy im so happy to be having a healthy boy but i would have liked a little girl as then id of had one of each

Yeah, I don't think it's bad to have a preference! I've always wanted a girl, and next time I'd want a boy. But I agree, we got a "probably girl" at our 16 week appt. but I knew that if it then changed to a boy i'd be disappointed! Well until I got used to it. I'd hope 10 weeks would be enough!

At the top of the page there's a link to view the first unread post.

I really thought we would have a boy this time, but tbh, wanted another girl. Looks like I'm getting what I want. Unless my 3d shows otherwise on Thursday. Then it'll be 12 weeks to get used to it.

We also got probably a girl at our 21 weeks scan. At the growth scan (28 weeks) the sonographer said: " Yup, baby is a girl."

I dont think it means you are a bad mommy if you preferred to have a girl. My best friend so hoped she was having a girl but when it was a boy, she loves him sooo much. She wouldnt change a thing now.

Awe, we all have a preference. Both OH and I wanted a boy, so we were thrilled when we found out that we got one! But, I think if there's a next time I might want a little girl, and I don't think that preference makes me a bad person, I just feel like they are different and I'd love to have one of each. But, if it were another little boy that would be lovely as well.

I can't wait to see my tiny man. I am going to give him raspberries and kisses and he's going to get sickened it eventually. lol!

Is it wierd that I'm totally opposite? I am so thrilled to be having a boy that if at this point I found out it was a girl I would be devestated... Happy for a healthy baby of course, but I love the idea of having a rough and tumble little boy :)

I had this too. The sonographer said for the whole 40 minutes doing the scan she hasn't seen any boys bits and said they are quite obvious.
Does this mean definitely a girl. I'm a black or white kind of person and I need telling yes or no lol or my head will fall off!
I have been convinced up until my 20 week scan girl but now I'm thinking boy arghh! I don't mind if it is a boy its just that my family and friends have bought/knitted lots of pink girly things and its them I feel bad for.

What do you think?:shrug:

Is it wierd that I'm totally opposite? I am so thrilled to be having a boy that if at this point I found out it was a girl I would be devestated... Happy for a healthy baby of course, but I love the idea of having a rough and tumble little boy :)

Notatall! I am so thrilled, too. They can't make a mistake with ours, we had genetic testing done. He's 100% a boy. lol! I wanted a boy because it would be harder to keep the pink of my home with a girl. Ugh, I hate pink. lol! I would have ended up raising a little tomboy anyhow, but hey, for the next one! :D For this time I'm happy as can be about my little man. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->