November Due Dates (cont)

Oh, on another note I had a LOVELY nose bleed today. Yeah. I hadn't had one of those since I was a kid. I used to get them all the time, they almost cauterized vessels it was so bad. It's been many many years and then this morning I blew my nose, all was fine, then bent over to pick something up off the floor and blood began pouring from my nose. :( Darn extra pregnancy blood!

oh boo, oh so :(
I've never actually had a nose bleed, so I think i'd probably panic for about 2 minutes :p

oh boo, oh so :(
I've never actually had a nose bleed, so I think i'd probably panic for about 2 minutes :p

I was already late to a class I'm auditing. Thankfully it stopped pretty quickly. Just had to hold my head back for a min.

Well, at least now if you get one you'll not panic as much. :p I was expecting my gums to bleed, etc, after reading about the ease of bleeding whilst pregnant, but I had been lucky 'til now.

I constantly wake up with a bloody nose now... it usually happens in the mornings right after I blow my nose, but thankfully they stop pretty quickly.

Are birthing balls basically the same thing as a yoga ball? I've thought about getting one and just rolling around on it a bit at home in front of the TV to help stretch and allieviate some of the pain. Any idea if it would actually help with that?

BTW - I really like the name Theo as well :) Haven't heard that name in quite some time, and that's probably what I love most about it!

I just have a plastic 65cm exercise ball - I think its the same as a yoga ball.
Have just pumped mine up and already feeling better!
Can feel it stretching my back muscles out! So glad I took it out of the loft already!

AH! Skweek - that may be just enough info to push me to buy one this afternoon while running errands! :) Are you just sitting and rolling around on it or are there any special stretches you're doing?

Hey girls how's everyone today?
Today has been mayhem for me tbh, oh came home with a new car for me last night, it's a long car do easier to get a buggy in and out etc! I was all delighted until this morning. On my way to my gtt test and it breaks down! Ugh! After eventually getting a lift, I realise it's just outta petrol (tut such a woman!) but the red light just didn't come on! So eventually got to my gtt test.., seriously starving and an hour late! I just made it before the cut off time! So she did the one hr and too hour bloods today, and I'm left with a massive bruise! The poor nurse was so upset she had hurt me but it's the only place she could get a clear vein so I don't blame her! So I'll hear by post if I have gd!

Got home and our fone had been disconnected... Stupid bank cancelled my direct debit! So had to get that sorted!

On a good note tho I got my moses basket and changing bag and more baby clothes! Whoop!

I have a 55 cm at home and a 65 cm at work that I sit on at my desk. I'm 5ft4in and the 55cm one is good for my non prego exercises, but definitely puts me too low to use as a chair. It really helps realign my back when I sit all day at work though!

oh, phin. what a crummy start to your day :( I hope things start looking up for you!

Oh Phin - it's just been one of those days hey?! :( Put your feet up and rest now! :)

65 is too big for me :/ I'll probably get a 55

Here's a quote I got from a website about sizing:

It is important to buy a birth ball the correct size. For an average woman 5'5" this will be a 65cm ball. If you are much shorter you'll want the smaller 55 cm size or much taller you'd want the larger size. Check to make sure it's the right fit for you by sitting directly on top, feet flat on the floor. Your legs should be at a 90 degree angle. If your knees are too high it may cause strain on your hips.

I'm surprised there are any vessels left in my nose to bleed, I had so many nosebleeds as a child/adolescent that I had my nose cauterised 4 times... last time they put a camera up there - WEIRDEST FEELING EVER. I've had some bloody tissues when blowing my nose the last few weeks, but nothing arterial :p

I so badly want an oversized space hopper... birthing balls sound far too grown up... *cough*

I'm surprised there are any vessels left in my nose to bleed, I had so many nosebleeds as a child/adolescent that I had my nose cauterised 4 times... last time they put a camera up there - WEIRDEST FEELING EVER. I've had some bloody tissues when blowing my nose the last few weeks, but nothing arterial :p

I so badly want an oversized space hopper... birthing balls sound far too grown up... *cough*

Oh, dear, on the nosebleeds. I hated them as a kid. I once sat at a friend's desk at school during an exam and bled all over it. It was always so embarrassing. :(

Haha! a hopper would be awesome. :D

Thanks girls tbh I shoulda known, bad things happen in 3s and I broke down in my old car on sat so hoping that's 3 now and tomorro will look better! Just super glad oh's uncle just happened to pass me on the road and stopped even tho he didn't realise twas me!

Looking forward to just waking up in the morning, hopefully things will be a bit better!

Lol 1eigthy u big child, although my DS has a space hopper and loves it!
I need to get my ball in the next few weeks tbh tho cause he's already head down I don't wanna bounce to early... That pain is sore lol

Haha!! i bought my BFF an adult space hopper a few years ago for her birthday and her son/my god-son a little one! They just love their space hoppers!! I might actually ask her to get it out when I'm there! hehe

Thanks for that quote oh-so-blessed. I never knew if I had the right size!!

on a totally different note - my DF has just shown me a mock up of our wedding invite that he has been working on! I am really happy with it even though its just a B&W draft print out. Just waiting on the sample cards and laser printer to arrive then we can get a proper one printed out and made up.
Have also been looking at wedding favours. I think we might put together something like this
https://www.dreamfavours.co.uk/vintage-style-favour-jars/
We will be ordering retro speckled mini eggs to fill the jars.
Wedding fever seems to have hit this house!! YAY!!

I have a giant space hopper! (it was a gift) I've just looked at the box though and it's 80cm... So I guess that's too big?! I don't want to spend more £££ on a birthing ball though, I'm gonna have to look for an online bargain, any suggestions?

Okay - what's a space hopper?? :)

Skweek - I used to be a wedding planner and I love the favors you have chosen :)

Okay - what's a space hopper?? :)

Skweek - I used to be a wedding planner and I love the favors you have chosen :)

It's a big orange ball that you sit on & has handles so you can bounce, there's a pic here https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/606641-space-hopper-birthing-ball.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->