November Due Dates (cont)

Good luck ladies, you must all be so excited, not long for you all now :).

MommaB, those are seriously the most stellar 3D pix of babies that I've ever seen. The place you went to is fabulous! And, what a beauty that little girl. :D

Welcome, Emerald. I'm sure MommaB will add you soon. :)

Skweek, same here, we couldn't justify the cost of the scan. What lovely pix, though, amazing. I wish we had the money for it. Ah, well, 10 more weeks! :D

Awesome pictures, MommaB! She is sooo cute. And has a nice name, too.

I printed out one of the 3D scans of our little boy today, so I have it in my cubicle now.

Emerald I got you added! :thumbup:

I wish you all lived near here I would totally give you this ladies info I went to. She only charges $150 for an entire hour, the entire thing on dvd, and unlimited pictures. Not to mention she is a blast!! Her and my dad hit it off well lol. She explained everything she saw in great detail. She said little miss was very very healthy, she was head up, and I had good looking fluids. Her machine captures such great detail you could see she already has tons of hair. You could also see her fingernails, and eyelashes. Im totally in love!!

mommab!!! your scan pics are stunning! she is just gorgeous!

Wow MommaB those pictures are amazing!!! What great quality, I don't think I've ever seen scan pics that clear!

its 12am here and i just wanna post to see my ticker change lol.. im officially 30 weeks!!!
70 days to go. OMGOSH!
I have an OB appt tomorrow.

A friend of ours that we'd not spoken to in a while piped up that they were expecting their third child. At the time, we were still due on the 24th Nov and we were astounded to find out they were due the same day! He added that his missus is high-risk and that their second had "come out the sunroof" so this one probably would too, so I assumed they would be celebrating before us... and then we got put forward by 8 days :p so we considered the race to still be on.

They came online the other day so we asked about their LO... turns out that s/he has a heart problem that was picked up at the 20w scan. They'll need an open heart operation at 4 days old, and if they survive that (1 in 5 die) another op at a couple of months, and a third when they're about 4 years old.

It broke my heart. I'm still teary over it. I keep hugging my belly and thinking we're so damn lucky to be having a perfectly healthy little troll. I was feeling guilty even, about our baby being healthy and theirs maybe not living past 4 days, or having a reduced life expectancy if they do survive the op (oldest surviving sufferer of that heart condition is (was?) 50). The guilt I know as being a normal response and it's passed, but I'm still quite shocked by it.

I thought I'd never take anything for granted when we made the decision to move back to the UK, but I've been taking it for granted that the troll is healthy all this time... eish.

Just needed to get that out there.

Back on track, DH reckons that (apart from bump) I've lost weight... I wasn't exactly small to start with (BMI 34 pre-preg, lost 7kg in 1st tri, up 3kg on booking weight as of 24w), but I do worry that maybe troll isn't getting enough something, you know? Will be in at the docs next week (possibly for another jab in the hips as the right one has been acting up again) so will weigh in again then...

Hope everyone is having a smooth day so far :)

aw a close friend of mine is having a really rough pregnancy, problems with babies heart scans etc so I know how you feel, you feel so happy that your own baby is ok but almost guilty cos the other baby isn't... It's a toughie! Hugs xx

Oh I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I guess feeling a bit guilty is only natural, that's not something we would wish on anyone.
A friend of a friend lost her LO at full term in January, which was obviously devastating, I didn't see her for quite some time after, and then when I did see her, I was pregnant, and even though she didn't know at that point, I just felt sooo guilty. She's pregnant again now, which is good, she has a lot of love to give.
The best thing you can do I guess is stay supportive & hope for the best outcome when her LO is born.

I wouldn't worry too much about weight as long as you are eating well & getting plenty of fluids & nourishment, are you taking vitamins? I said in an earlier post, my midwives have asked me to try & maintain my weight rather than gain, so the overall effect is that I'm losing weight & gaining on my bump. It's not entirely realistic, but I'm trying, already up 2.6 kg though, so need to try & keep it at that. My bmi is debatable! My doc measured it at 33 when I registered and my weight was at 99 kilos, when the midwife did it at my booking appt she said my bmi was 37 and my weight was 99.6 kilos! So I think she stole an inch off my height! Either way, I know I'm heavier than I should be...

Oh that's awful 1eighty :( Poor people :/
This is why we are all so worried when we go to scans :(

Only thing I can say is, the person who managed to live till 50 was born 50 years ago, I'm sure this one born this year has better odds of living longer now, and who knows about over the next fifty. But she has to get through the first hurdle at 4 days. I just can't imagine going through that, like you say, it makes you want to hug your bump and never let go :cry:.

Well done on the possible weight loss! Even if the numbers don't show on the scales, it is possible to lose fat from your body and stay the same weight (as baby can gain while you lose!). Fingers cross for the next appointment though!

I think I've lost about a lb since last weigh in(3 weeks), which is good because last time I think I put on something like 8 lbs in 3 weeks??????????

I'm at the hospital today for an appointment and scan... I'm afraid that they'll weigh me! I've put on 10kg :( x

@Beankeeper - you're a tall lass! You can't be much smaller in clothes than me, tbh, possibly the same size even (people's shapes being all different, as they tend to be). I was 99kg at 24w... :blush:

Prenatals make me vomit, and we're on a restricted diet thanks to cash flow... we get in fruit and fruit juice, lots of milk, eggs and hotdogs; and jump at the chance to have dinner elsewhere when it's offered (off to brother in law's tonight for dinner). Will be a lot better once we're back in the UK, mum is already stocking up on our favourite things, bless her.

I think it's more to do with the fact that half of the space that used to be occupied by my stomach is now a footstool for the troll. The heartburn has kicked up a notch too, supporting my footstool theory. I get too full too quickly, most days. Half a three egg omelette? Full. Two sausages and three sweetcorn and potato fritters? Overfull. I don't mind losing the weight, I just hope he's not suffering for it. If I come out of this with a fat, healthy baby and having lost a few pounds, I'll consider it the coup of the year!

Thanks for the support, ladies. You're always wonderful to speak to.

The baby will take what it needs from you, so unless you're starving or throwing up everything that you eat then s/he'll get what s/he needs. And I feel the same, if I come out of this with a healthy chubby baby & having lost a few lbs I'll be one happy lady!

I think just make sure you have the folic acid, even if you can't take pills you should be able to get bread or milk with added folic acid. I think even fruit juice does it?

1Eighty, Beankeeper's right. Baby will take what he needs from you.

I was terrified before my 20 week scan. My brother and SIL found out at their scan that their 2nd baby had a heart problem (this was in January). Over more visits through the next month they found out how bad it was and little one wouldn't make it. It's a 1/5000 kind of thing, but you never forget when it happens to someone close to you. I'm so grateful for the health of my girls. I think they're trying again in the fall, praying for a healthy little one for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->