November Due Dates (cont)

Its so sad to hear about all these stories :nope: It really does make me appreciate how lucky i am to be having a healthy baby! Although I still wont 100% believe it until she comes out and I see that everything is fine with her.

How is everyone today? Its quite sunny here in leeds but im feeling too lazy to get out of bed and make the most of it! :dohh:

We were a lot more terrified about everything before we conceived this baby, even though we still don't know much. There simply aren't enough things to compare to, so we'll know more when our little boy is born. Hopefully he won't be affected by any shape or form from that genetic spectrum.

As for the weight, I started out with a BMI of 35, but nobody cared, as more than half of my starting weight was muscle and I was perfectly healthy (I'm pretty weird, overall, my weight doesn't really make that much sense - with a BMI of 35, I wear 14-16 bottoms (US sizes) and M tops on average, unless they're button ups, which won't fit my boobs usually). I was the one who wanted to restrict my gain, but they didn't let me. It looks like I'm around 7 kilos in the plus now (the past two weeks, I've gained about a kilo and a half, which I consider a ton) and that's, in fact, below average. The doctors are fine with it, the baby is healthy and growing fine, I don't have GD or there's actually no risk, etc. I still hate seeing any increases, at all. So I guess, for now, I just hope I'll lose all of it when I go in to deliver our little guy.

It's just that I've worked so hard the past years to ignore any numbers going up, even when it's because/for our little baby.

1eighty .. what did they pick up on the scan? I feel so sorry for your friends :( I really hope baby is okay and manages to be strong and survive this operation! And they're right if you have lost weight anything you eat goes to baby first and then you :)

I worry about our little girlies heart as they picked up a bright spot on her septum (no hole) as 20 weeks, and one of the top fetal cardiologists at Kings, thinks it's just hardened tissue but until she's born we won't 100% know.

Anyone else's baby using their cervix as a trampoline today?? It bloody hurts :(

My hips hurt today, for the first time. I thought I was going to fall apart when I got out of the car, and the car ride from home to work is about 3 minutes for me. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I slept on the couch last night.

My hips hurt yesterday of the scan. The lady had me lay most of the hour on my left side in an odd position in order to get little miss to cooperate. When i got up I could feel the ball and socket joint grind with everystep. Today im feeling alright, but I did just wake up an hour ago :haha:

I went to the gas station this morning and as I walk in this lady runs up to me and starts tickeling my belly. WTH!! She said she saw my scan pics on her friends facebook. I stood there like an idiot and let her do it when I really wanted to say back the F* off!! :grr: I have got to learn to speak my mind and not be so polite sometimes.

Hey hey CK. yes! Baby A looooves to dance upon my cervix, and at heartbeat tracing time she unmercifully jabs me right on the cerclage. Poor little stinker bean!

I'm hoping for a measurement scan today to see how the girls are doing. My latest EDD is Nov 26, but I'm just aiming for October.

My left hip is hurting today. Probably slept on it most of the night.

DH had to work suuuuper late last night (didn't get home until 6:30 am). Of course he's getting some sleep now. As he goes back to work at 3, I don't really anticipate seeing him today. Bummer.

WTB ... it's a horrible feeling isn't it?! Whenever she does it, it triggers a few braxton hicks ... it also feels like she's moving around where my bum is :blush: It's so weird!

Good luck with your scan!! :) Hopefully all 3 babies are on track :)

My hips feel surprisingly okay today, they've been sore the last few days though.
Just went for a nice swim with DH, we're both pretty rubbish at swimming though, so only managed about 40 minutes before we were done in! Lol! Worked up a good appetite & had Nandos for lunch- yum! We don't have many days off together outwith holidays, since he moved departments a few months ago, so it's nice to be able to spend some time together.

Finally someone mentioned the whole butt thing!

This little kiddo of mine keeps walking on my butt. That's the best I can describe it. When I'm sitting down, it often feels like someone is standing on my butthole, but from the inside. It is VERY weird.

WTB, I just read a big chunk of your TTC journal- what a journey you've been on! Hope your scan goes well x

I think just make sure you have the folic acid, even if you can't take pills you should be able to get bread or milk with added folic acid. I think even fruit juice does it?

The prenatals with iron made me so nauseated, I stopped taking them after a month or two in the first trimester and switched to prenatal gummies. I think they have everything but iron (maybe less calcium?). I had good iron levels at the beginning of the pregnancy, and I eat breakfast cereal with 90% iron, so I wasn't too worried about it until third trimester, when I've felt a little more tired and maybe need to get my iron levels checked again.

Momma B, that person is a weirdo! But I always find it hard to tell people to F*** off!

Totally agree! Bump touching is a big no no unless permission has been granted! It's just weird. There are a few bump-touching-ladies at work & they get on my nerves! But I can't really say anything to them as they mean well...

Totally agree! Bump touching is a big no no unless permission has been granted! It's just weird. There are a few bump-touching-ladies at work & they get on my nerves! But I can't really say anything to them as they mean well...

I don't mind it if close friends or my sister do it, but I haven't had any strangers try to touch my bump yet!

Also the line "I saw your photos on FB" from a stranger is scary O_O

Yeah, I'm okay with close friends & sisters, and my 4-year-old niece! I'm always saying 'do you want to give your baby cousin a cuddle?!', she loves it!
Strangers touching my bump would really freak me out, and I'm just not a fan of colleagues doing it, we're not that close!

Finally someone mentioned the whole butt thing!

This little kiddo of mine keeps walking on my butt. That's the best I can describe it. When I'm sitting down, it often feels like someone is standing on my butthole, but from the inside. It is VERY weird.

:haha: I wasn't sure if it was just me being silly or not! But it does definitely feel that way!!!

As for bump touching .. MIL has a habit of just coming up and touching my bump and pushing on it, and I hate it, it makes me feel awkward. Anyone else is fine - it's just her. My mum isn't really touchy feely, so it has always surprised me when she touches it and tries to feel her/tried to feel the boys .. but a nice surprise :)

Nobody so far has touched my bump, except for my husband, but he also doesn't really like doing it. The movement still gives him some creeps, haha.

I think the guy turned some other direction yesterday. He was pushing all the way out on my left side, for the first time ever. And right now, he's kind of quiet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->