November Due Dates (cont)

that bag is just gorgeous!!!
Here in the UK, Boots parenting club give away a change bag, but Im a bit worried its a bit small.
What all will we need in the bag? I'm thinking a few diapers/nappies, bum cream, wipes, a change of clothes, a few bibs, a few toys? Any thing else? besides my wallet, phone, keys, lippie, etc.

I felt this definite tightening in my belly/uterus today, wasn't uncomfortable, and lasted only a few seconds. Could this be Braxton-Hicks contractions?!

Prenatals I take are,

1 Iron before I get up (I normally take this at 6-7 when I pee :p)
2 magnesium with each meal and at least an hour away from the Iron
1 Iron before I go to bed plus my folic acid (and my antihistimine)

I also have started adding linseed (flaxseed) to lots of things so I'm getting lots of Omega-3. I think the iron tablets are 80mg eat? but it's all in german and it's a slow release tablet too, so :shrug:

Nice one Skweek on your appointment! and yay for the car seat :D

I like the Petal bag! I think it was the first :)

Lilio, my DH also got me a pink lining! It's in the mail as we speak :D :happydance:

https://www.taschenmann2005.de/images/produkte/i41/418-418---0.jpg

Gaaaaaaaaaaah, all the shopping sites are, of course, blocked on my work computer. Now I'm curious to see all these things, but it'll have to wait until I get home.

I take Twinlab's Prenatal with my breakfast, when I remember. Average: 5 times a week. And then also a pack of liquid Omega 3... when I remember. Average: 5 times a week.

I forgot to ask the doctor to check my iron levels so I don't know if I'm messed up again.

I felt this definite tightening in my belly/uterus today, wasn't uncomfortable, and lasted only a few seconds. Could this be Braxton-Hicks contractions?!

It sounds like it could be braxton hicks. How long did it last for?

Im so stressed girls. Im moving to a new flat on sept 10 and have no idea how im going to get all my stuff from A to B. Obviously i cant do any heavy lifting and my boyfriend has a broken arm at the moment so will be absolutely useless too! Ive tried to recruit friends but most of them are working on the day and van hire is ridiculously expensive. I dont know what to do, its majorly stressing me! :nope:

Could either of your parents help? eeek I don't know what else to suggest :(

Nope they're working :( Even if they werent a lot of the things like my bed and sofa etc are just to big to go anywhere but a van really. I'll just have to keep looking for someone with a van I guess. Just stressful cos time is going by so quickly and it'll be moving day before I know it! Im just shocked at how expensive they are! I rang up one van guy and asked how much it would be and he said 250 to 300 pounds! Just ridiculous!

that bag is just gorgeous!!!
Here in the UK, Boots parenting club give away a change bag, but Im a bit worried its a bit small.
What all will we need in the bag? I'm thinking a few diapers/nappies, bum cream, wipes, a change of clothes, a few bibs, a few toys? Any thing else? besides my wallet, phone, keys, lippie, etc.

Hand sanitizer (germ-x or wet ones) is excellent to have. Pacifier if you use them (I think they are called dummies in the UK?), always good to have an extra of those if one hits the ground. A jacket when the weather is kind of in between (spring/fall), Sunblock in the summertime. Bottles/water/formula if you are not breastfeeding. Lots of spit up rags if your baby really gushes, LOL.

I like the second link, the BabyMel one. I'm definitely bag crazy too & went for this one https://www.storksak.com/product.php?shopprodid=18&variantid=66 which I love! Can't wait to start using it.

Mrs, I work with a lot of guys too, but thankfully they know to keep their mits to themselves! I said to one or two of them that I would let them touch if there were big movements, basically because they're excited and haven't had kids themselves yet.

The tightenings do sound like Braxton Hicks. Are they painful or just tight & a bit uncomfortable?

Wandering, I don't know what to suggest other than phoning some other companies & maybe putting an appeal out on Facebook for volunteers? I hope you get something sorted though!

Im so stressed girls. Im moving to a new flat on sept 10 and have no idea how im going to get all my stuff from A to B. Obviously i cant do any heavy lifting and my boyfriend has a broken arm at the moment so will be absolutely useless too! Ive tried to recruit friends but most of them are working on the day and van hire is ridiculously expensive. I dont know what to do, its majorly stressing me! :nope:

I've only felt the tightening for less than 10 seconds.

I also agree with the poster who suggested putting out a FB appeal. It casts a wider net! Sometimes you forget who lives close to you and could help you. Also, is there any way it would be cheaper for movers just to move the really heavy stuff like furniture and you guys could take the smaller stuff separately (like lamps, small boxes, pictures, etc.).

Ugh! OH issues! No one gets on my nerves more than this man. Really! Why can't he keep a clean house? His response when I message him about how he skirts his responsibilities? "I clean sometimes, and specifically when asked." WTF? YOU HAVE NO JOB, YOU ARE HOME ALL DAY, I COOK AND ON TOP OF IT I'M PREGNANT... YOU CLEAN "SOMETIMES"? Grrrrrrrrrrrr! :growlmad::wacko:

I've only felt the tightening for less than 10 seconds.

I also agree with the poster who suggested putting out a FB appeal. It casts a wider net! Sometimes you forget who lives close to you and could help you. Also, is there any way it would be cheaper for movers just to move the really heavy stuff like furniture and you guys could take the smaller stuff separately (like lamps, small boxes, pictures, etc.).

Im not entirely sure because ive not felt them yet but from what i've read about braxton hicks it definitely does sound like it. Unless your feeling any pain I wouldnt worry :)

Yeah thanks ladies i will try that, theres got to be someone with a van out there! Iv had a look on gumtree as well and there's people advertising use of their vans for a lot cheaper on there so i might just do that :) Cant wait to be all moved in so i can de stress!

Ugh! OH issues! No one gets on my nerves more than this man. Really! Why can't he keep a clean house? His response when I message him about how he skirts his responsibilities? "I clean sometimes, and specifically when asked." WTF? YOU HAVE NO JOB, YOU ARE HOME ALL DAY, I COOK AND ON TOP OF IT I'M PREGNANT... YOU CLEAN "SOMETIMES"? Grrrrrrrrrrrr! :growlmad::wacko:

Oh gosh I know this feeling! I showed my OH the OH appreciation thread on here earlier and he asked me what nice things id say about him on there.. I was like errrm.... haha.. he was rather offended! The problem I have with my OH is that he does a lot for me but i have to ASK him to do it, he never thinks to do it off his own back, and im sick of asking!

Oh gosh I know this feeling! I showed my OH the OH appreciation thread on here earlier and he asked me what nice things id say about him on there.. I was like errrm.... haha.. he was rather offended! The problem I have with my OH is that he does a lot for me but i have to ASK him to do it, he never thinks to do it off his own back, and im sick of asking!

Me, too, sick of asking! Or rather asking. Then asking again. Then again. Then doing it myself. :nope: I never know if he'll get something done or not. It's ridiculous. Seriously.

Oh, on your moving situation, you might try posting up some wanted ads at your local college. Do you have Craigslist there? That's also a good one. Usually, though, you'll need to rent a van and just try to find people for hire to get it done cheaply. But, you should wait and see. Might find someone with a truck that's willing. Sounds like you def need two movers, though. GL! I can't imagine having to move right now. I am stressed enough putting things back in their place here when they're disorganized. Bless you, all that work in your last two months of pregnancy. I hope you're done working at least!

Yep same! I'll ask and he says he'll do it then i get sick of waiting and just do it myself! Women get the job done ten times better anyway :winkwink: But i know how frustrating it is! This is the time when we should have their help the most!

I havent heard of craigslist, what is it? I will definately try putting up ads and asking around, you never know who might be willing to help! I know right, its the one thing thats stressing me out! I think once everything's moved into the flat i'll be able to relax a bit and just enjoy making it all homely at my own pace.. I have 2 months to make a nice new home before baby comes so hopefully thats enough time!& yes thankfully i am done with both uni and work now so just this to concentrate on :D

*Warning, Extreme Rant*

Ugh! So frustrated. I'm so tired of him. I have again, for the thousandth time, asked him to leave this property citing his inability to keep a clean house, while he has no job or prospects and I work full time, cook, clean and am pregnant. It is ridiculous. I have decided to include one of his family members on our last email, hoping that his embarrassment of having me call him out on being a lowlife in front of family will make him take seriously the prospect of leaving this house. At least I won't have to clean after a pig. All this after I discontinued counseling because he refused to communicate outside of it and instead would always say "bring it up in counseling". But, he says to me tonight that I quit counseling because I had more work to do than him. WTF? How can he even remotely think this? The nerve! Seriously! All I wanted was to work so that we'd have a good relationship. I was okay with making changes to me, and have done, but we both needed to make them. He doesn't bother, and apparently doesn't see that he has anything to change. I haven't even met most of his family, which lives overseas, because he's ashamed that we're unmarried and pregnant due to his upbringing. I'm so glad I never married him. I love my baby, so I have no regrets in meeting him, but it's time this ends so I don't need to yell every day about the state of our home. Still, I'm 97% certain he isn't going anywhere, and it makes me feel helpless. It's very hard to evict anyone here. Doesn't matter that it's my lease and I pay the rent, it's seriously a horrendous process. I wish he would just leave voluntarily, but I can understand him not leaving because he obviously has it pretty good here not cleaning and screwing off all day. **end rant**

Sorry ladies, I know that was bad. I just can't take it sometimes. I know we all have our issues. My lid has come off, I've got mere slivers of sanity left for him. :(

So sorry to hear oh_so! Is he on the lease at all? Is there some way you could change the locks when he's out? I dunno. Seems horrible that there would be no way to make him leave if it's 100% your place and you aren't married. :( Why should he get to have it so good!?

:hugs:

Probably not. A lot of states are set to it doesn't matter who is on the lease. If it appears he lives there (mail, clothing, property) then you have to formally evict an changing the locks would put oh so at risk of being charged with an illegal eviction!

It's bunk, but not uncommon. I say if you want him out get that paperwork started. The sooner you start, the sooner he's served, has his three to five day notice, and is forced to get the hey out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->