November Due Dates (cont)

Momma, I don't think you're being completely unreasonable. But I do think it's a tricky situation. She does want to share her grandkids as well, but random people shouldnt be able to see it...
Also, you can ask her to hold off from posting about the birth as a specific event. Just say you want it to be about your friends and family first and then other people can see it after a few days.

Fantastic Lucy!

:wave: Hiya Momma, one of those days eh? I see where you are coming from but then again sounds like you have a very proud gran on your hands and it is kind of sweet. (Cant believe I dare say this to a pregnant women) lol

Congrats Lucyjo81 yipeeee!!!! Your freeeeeeeeeeeeee........ catch up on some well earned zzZZZZ

Whatwill no your ok to say that :haha: Thats what I need to hear. I guess her and I will just have to sit down and talk it out. I know she is proud and that makes me happy. I dont know why it gets to me.

And sarah that may work. I would rather wait to announce her arrival. I really dont want a ton of phone calls and visitors saying I saw on FB. Maybe she will understand.

I think facebook really does control the world lol :haha:

I can relate I know my mum would be the same thank god she has not learnt how to use "faceache!"

I do this, I get a thought in my head and I run a mile with it and assume people are going to do things before they have done anything wrong. Why I do this I dont know im just :wacko: lol Its the hormones they send you doolaly!!:haha:

Lol thank god we've 3 loos in our house cause if not there would be a lotta that waiting going on lol!

Lillio thanks hun! I'm not even normally moody even in preg, so hate feeling so ugh! It'll pass tho I know it will, and baby's low and dancing so well be grand!

As for caffeine I haven't a clue tbh! My big thing would be choc cause I don't drink coffe/tea but whether I'm over on it I'm not sure! I'd say ull be grand tho!

Momma I personally wouldn't be upset, but I know it does torment some ppl! Have u spoken to ur mam? I do hate the new share thing, I don't thing ppl realise how lil privacy they have now and no warning is given saying ur pic is shared!

Eek Lucy ur on maternity... Go u! Must feel so weird tho! Spec if ur used to working!

My back hurts and the SPD is hurting also. Not my best idea sat on a bean bag today, dont ask! So lady like when I roll of the bean bag to pop to the loo.

Might have a bath! love day offs x

Oh sarah this was me last night!

I had a terrible backache and headache to match after picking DS up from school. I spent the entire evening sitting with a heating pad on my back.It never went away until I gave up and went to bed :nope:

This morning so far so good. I hope you get relief soon :hugs:

Ugh. Reflux here too.

I realize you ladies are off the labor topic, but I wanted to share. I read a birth story once where this lady only had mild period cramp feelings right up thru delivery. I thought "oh how neat if I could have a labor like that". I was pregnant with DD at the time. Well 36w1d, I was at work and noticed cramping. I left work an hour early so I could go lay down at home and see if they'd stop. I timed them at home and they were 4-5 minutes apart, sometimes 3. The pain was really not bad. Nowhere near the worst period cramps I had. When I went to the hospital I was sure they would send me back home, but they checked me (OUCH btw) and I was 7 cm. The pain wasn't even bad until they broke my water at 9cm and I was pushing less than an hour after that.

The point I want to make is you should be better safe than sorry. If you're waiting for your WORST PAIN EVER, you might give birth in the car, LOL. Don't forget to take timing into account. :)

Wow, thanks for sharing. It would be nice it if it happened quickly and you arrived at the hospital and you were already 9cm! that would be my ideal senario. Not going to happen lol

That's the thing as well, not knowing where you are going to be when it happens?

Your right Bookity!!

Everyones pain tolerance and labors are so different. Some women cant cope and others dont even know.

I went in for a non-stress test at 36+5 like I did every week since I had GD. The lady asked me as I was having it done if I felt "those" I had no clue what she was talking about I felt fine. She seemed alarmed and said your contracting every 3 minutes and said I want you to see the doctor. We walk over to the doctors room and she checked me. Sure enough I was a 4 and 100% ephased. I had no clue and if it hadnt been for the non-stress test I had that day I may not have even known. Like you said Bookity, it didnt hurt me until they ruptured my water.

Yeah, every time I get pains down there I think I could be in labour and not actually realise...

So yesterrday we talked about the facebook thing right? Im a bit annyoed and OH doesnt get it.

I found out how that stranger found my pics through a "friend" Turns out it was my mother. Everytime me or my brothers post a pic of one her grankids, she feels she has the right to click the share button on our pictures and put it on her own wall. I noticed last night my brother had posted a pic of my nephew going to his first pre-school orientation, only to see an hour later that my mother had shared his pic for her friends. So I click her page to see all the sonogram pictures I had posted of our LO on there, shared and on her page. This annoys me to no end. OH says she has a right since she is grandma and is just proud, but I feel that its MY picture and she doesnt have the right to "steal" them for her own page. If she took the pictures herself and put them up there then thats one thing, but to constantly take them from ours is a bit annoying. I have even said something to her in the past about it and her reply is I want my friends to see too. Now if my mother lived far away I could understand, but she lives in the same town.

OH thinks im wrong but I dont feel she has the right to take them. Am I being unreasonable? He thinks im just jealous because then my pics wont get all the comments and her page will. This is really a stupid thing but like I said Im annoyed and to the point I dont think I even want to post pics of my new LO on there just so she cant steal them. I can already see it, the day I deliever I wont even be the first one to post a pic announcing her arrival because my mom will beat me to the punch, or if I do post one, she will just take it.

Ok I just re-read all this and it really it a petty thing to be mad about I guess I just needed to rant.

You can actually selectively block one of your FB friends from seeing a particular post or picture. I do this all the time to keep one of my professors from seeing my preggo pics or complaints about schoolwork! So that might be a temporary solution. If she can't see that pic (even though all your other friends can), she can't share it!

:holly:

The above always makes me smile! I'm a simple soul! lol

I LOVE the boobie bouncing thing, makes me giggle every time lol!

Okay - I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I feel like a "super blonde" right now.... I never realized those were bouncing boobs!!! I have always thought it was a bouncing cat! :dohh:

MommaB - I agree w/ whatwillbex :flower: sounds like your mom is just a proud grandma. However, I do agree that it's not fair that she's stealing the pics. My mom used to do the same until I taught her how to "tag" the pictures instead. I think you can control who sees any tagged pictures in your security settings. Granted, her friends can still see, but at least you'd have control over how far it goes beyond that point (like selecting "friends only", "friends of friends", "me only", etc.)

My little guy had a pretty quiet day yesterday, but that's defintely not the case today! It feels like he's changed positions... instead of getting kicks/punches on my sides, I'm now feeling them up high and down low... I just can't figure out which is a kick and which is a punch, so I'm not sure exactly what position he's in!

I am making my hospital bag checklist and have a question for you moms who have recently had kids.

Do I need to pack clothes for the LO other than a picture outfit? 9 years ago when I had my son we didnt need to since the hospital provided gowns for the babies. But I see alot of my friends pictures and they have there kids in there own sleepers/gowns while in the hospital.

It's different with all hospitals momma. I've been told to pack everything i will possibly need as my hospital provide nothing!

I'm packing 4 vests/bodysuits, 2 in newborn, and 2 in up to 1 month. I will be doing the same with sleepsuits too. Then taking a couple hats, mittens, booties and blanket. That should be enough i think...i'm not planning to stay long.

You may need to take a few more of each though as you are having a c-sec, so i'm guessing you will stay in for a couple of days?

xx

Thank you! I will be in for at least 4 days as long as no complications. I am packing 2 extra of everything for myself just in case of leaking "accidents" but wasnt sure if I needed things for LO other than wipes and picture outfit. Guess I will pack her some sleepers/gowns as well.

I never even thought of that :/ I guess I'll ask at the birthing class tonight!!! :D

I thought :holly: was a big boobed owl? lol you don't see many of those flying around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->