November Due Dates (cont)

Oh_so yay for the good appointment!! :happydance:

Bookity good luck at you scan tomorrow how exciting to see the LO again!!

AFM I am going to attempt to talk to OH tonight about his mothers plans for the shower and see if I can get him to chat with her first before I have to. Of course im going to wait until After I get him nice and full from dinner and he has had a chance to relax. Wish me luck this does not turn into a fight.

Good Luck mommaB! :) As my Nan always says something about food being the way to a man's heart ... so feed him up and he'll be putty in your hand :haha:

Ok, not to be tmi... but my vagina is sore. Like pressure on it sore. Anyone else?

Plus I have coccyx pain. That bone right about my buttcrack hurts.

If this keeps up for the next 2 months Im going to be one crabby bitch.

I'm not having a shower, due to the fact i hate being center of attention, so i feel where you are coming from momma!!

At the end of the day it is YOUR shower and YOU are the one carrying the baby, so if i was you i would tell them where to stick their games ha ha.

xx

The only thing I feel uncomfortable with at a shower is even PUTTING the more expensive items, like co-sleeper, car seat, etc. on the registry. I am having two showers, one with my friends (who are all graduate students like me) and another with my SO's family (my family is all too scattered and too far away for a shower). I just don't want people to feel that I'm being grabby putting expensive stuff on there. When I found a crib and car seat that I liked, I wanted to put it on there so I could remember what it was. I have put lots of gifts in different ranges, including $10-20, so hopefully nobody will be too put out.

Good luck at you scan, Bookity. I wish I was having one, but I confirmed today that they have no further scans planned for me. So, it'll be a bit before I see this baby. But, I'm glad at the same time that they see no need, guess he's a seemingly healthy little booger. :D

The only thing I feel uncomfortable with at a shower is even PUTTING the more expensive items, like co-sleeper, car seat, etc. on the registry. I am having two showers, one with my friends (who are all graduate students like me) and another with my SO's family (my family is all too scattered and too far away for a shower). I just don't want people to feel that I'm being grabby putting expensive stuff on there. When I found a crib and car seat that I liked, I wanted to put it on there so I could remember what it was. I have put lots of gifts in different ranges, including $10-20, so hopefully nobody will be too put out.

I wouldn't worry about it. People are going to get what they can afford. It's not like your registry is nothing but big ticket items. A few of them might surprise you and pool their money for your crib or carseat.

Medievel: I had the same problem when it came to big ticket items, but someone reminded me that some people like to go in on a group gift and get you something big. The first thing bought off my registry was my $200 travel system stroller.

Plus, a lot of places will give you discounts on your registry items after your shower, so even if no one gets it, you can get a discount later.

I don't get this whole registry thing, what is it? I've never heard of it over here in the UK xx

Good luck at you scan, Bookity. I wish I was having one, but I confirmed today that they have no further scans planned for me. So, it'll be a bit before I see this baby. But, I'm glad at the same time that they see no need, guess he's a seemingly healthy little booger. :D

This is an elective ultrasound. Wouldn't have decided to do it, but there was a choroid plexus cyst on the anatomy scan and DH would really like to see it gone. I do too obviously, but I'm not nearly as worried about it as I was when we found out. A cyst by itself really doesn't point to anything wrong. I know DH will continue to worry if it's still there, so for his sake, I hope it's gone.

I don't get this whole registry thing, what is it? I've never heard of it over here in the UK xx

Just a list you make of things you want/need for the baby on a website or at a store like Target, Walmart, Kohl's, Babies R Us, etc. Most ladies do this for baby showers so guests know what to buy, but some just use them to keep organized. Plus most stores will give you a discount on items that were not purchased.

Just a list you make of things you want/need for the baby on a website or at a store like Target, Walmart, Kohl's, Babies R Us, etc. Most ladies do this for baby showers so guests know what to buy, but some just use them to keep organized. Plus most stores will give you a discount on items that were not purchased.

Ooh Ive never heard of this! Thats really good that you'd get discount off things you have on your list.

I have my baby shower on saturday and i feel really cheeky expecting people to get me stuff so ive just told everyone on the invites that they can bring something if they like but theres no pressure to! For me its more of a social thing, one last chance to get everyone together before i pop/become to heavy and tired to see everyone as regularly,

I am looking forward to my baby shower but part of me cant wait for it to be over. I hate hosting things.. I find it really stressful..like noones going to have a good time..plus Im going to have to clean the house from top to bottom and like someone else mentioned, i hate being the centre of attention! I think i'll be happy I had it afterwards tho, its a nice memory to have..plus my friends wont let me NOT have one! :haha:

Like an Amazon/Argos gift list :)

I use mine mostly for noting down things I'd quite like, then as and when I can afford them I get them off the list. Anything left on the list come Xmas/Birthday time is fair game for ppl who are stuck for ideas.

Will update my list with things for the troll after we've seen everything that has been gathered... gonna be a busy first week back in the UK :)

re: baby shower games: it is YOUR body, if YOU don't feel comfortable then that's all she needs to know tbf. If she insist on doing a how big is her belly comp, she can use her own damn waistline!

I need to keep this thread open in its own tab now, if I don't then I completely lose track of it :(

Well im happy to report ladies after dinner I told OH we need to talk and I wasnt sure how to tell him this. He got really really worried for a minute :haha:

I explained how I felt about the shower games, esp the one I hate and even threw in a few tears (thank you pregnancy hormones) and he completley understood. In fact he is going to have a chat with his mom and has agreed to go to both baby showers to help ease some of the attention off me :happydance: All his idea.

Thank you ladies for your encouragment!

And 1eighty I had that exact thought if she insisted on doing the game, stand up in front of the group and ask the guest to measure her belly instead :haha:

Glad to hear the talk with OH went well MommaB.

I have got a headache today that won't quit! :(

Oh, that's terrible. So sorry about the headache. I hate those! I feel lucky I don't get them often!

Ladies, are you getting frequent Braxton-Hicks? I hadn't realized I was getting them until the midwife confirmed as I was having one. Then I got them all day after that, especially when getting up or changing positions.

Oh, that's terrible. So sorry about the headache. I hate those! I feel lucky I don't get them often!

Ladies, are you getting frequent Braxton-Hicks? I hadn't realized I was getting them until the midwife confirmed as I was having one. Then I got them all day after that, especially when getting up or changing positions.

I just realized I was getting them a couple days ago. I've had the belly-tightening sensation several times a week for a couple weeks now.

I just realized I was getting them a couple days ago. I've had the belly-tightening sensation several times a week for a couple weeks now.

I lost count today, had quite a lot!

I got them 10 times a day earlier on, but I don't seem to get them much now (BH).

Scan today!!!!!! Proper big measuring one :D YAYYYY Oh and baby is getting a ECG? apparently they just do this standard :shrug:.
Wish me luck on the weight gain (mine and baby's!)

I'm still unsure about the BH stuff. I know there's a lot tightening, which borders uncomfortable, right after sex. I have to get moving right away to make the discomfort go away.

We have a baby registry on Amazon, but we're hoping nobody finds it. :lol: We're not doing a baby shower, but the list is neat for me to keep track of things I want, basically. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->