November Due Dates (cont)

Im annoyed and to the point I dont think I even want to post pics of my new LO on there just so she cant steal them. I can already see it, the day I deliever I wont even be the first one to post a pic announcing her arrival because my mom will beat me to the punch, or if I do post one, she will just take it.

What browser do you use? If it's a newer version of Explorer or Firefox you can install a plug in that will give you full control over whatever pictures you put up on Facebook. Something like McAfee Social Protection will not only prevent her (and everyone else) from sharing pictures you post but will ensure that no-one can take a screen cap of them either. So no-one can do anything other than look at and comment on your pictures.

https://www.slashgear.com/mcafee-social-protection-polices-you-facebook-pics-29244300/

My hospital provides pretty much everything. Last time I was so unprepared I had to wear their gown the whole time. This time I'm bringing nursing tanks and possibly some cheapie pajama bottoms that can get messed up. For baby they've got everything. Onesies, hats, diapers, etc.

I read one lady's account of the hospital where she dressed her baby in clothes she brought and everytime baby was taken away he came back in hospital clothes with her clothes folded in the bassinet.

Every hospital is different I guess.

Ahahaha big boobed owl? Cats? Dogs? Lol I can't even figure out HOW ye see them lol I'm to unimaginative I think lol

As for labour I had DS within 2.30 mins. I was hyped all day and couldn't sit down but not sore! I asked for a sleeping tab off the nurse, took that, tossed in bed for a while got up for the loo and POP my waters broke (yup I heard a pop lol) from there it was all go!

Is it bad to say I'd love to be a dramatic bugger and have LO half way to hosp on the road or my waters to break in tescos lol as long as LO ok obviously! But I look at it like oh delivers cows and lambs, hed be ok delivering LO lol!

It wouldn't surprise me if you did have your waters break in tesco's they would give you lots of goodies. I think mothercare do this? that's where I would want it to happen te he. You can be as dramatic as you like its your labour lol:winkwink:

I feel like such a whiner today, sorry ladies I need your advice.

How many of you having showers are playing games at it? Or for those of you that go to showers do you like to play the games?

I personally do NOT like to play shower games, especially ones that put me at center of attention or my body at center of attention (poor self body image here)

I had made it clear to OH and to his mom about this. Especially the game about guessing how big the mothers belly is with string. His mother and mine are throwing me a shower. Well they were until his mother butted mine out and took over. My mother was fine with this but still said she would help her in anyway possible. Today, OH calls me on his lunch break and informs me his mom is playing one shower game, "guess how big her belly is." I told him I do not wish to play any games and his reply was "its not for you, its for the guest."
The last time I checked this shower was for me (the baby) and he knows I have anxiety when it comes to being center of attention. It will be hard enough for me to sit there while people watch me open gifts and watch my reaction.

I should really just be grateful that his mother is going through all the trouble, but now I really dont want to go to my own shower and am upset that she is not respecting my wishes. It was the one thing I asked when she said she wanted to throw me a shower. I am not sure how to approach this as I thought OH would have my back as he usually does but it seems to me he has hers.

I feel like such a whiner today, sorry ladies I need your advice.

How many of you having showers are playing games at it? Or for those of you that go to showers do you like to play the games?

I personally do NOT like to play shower games, especially ones that put me at center of attention or my body at center of attention (poor self body image here)

I had made it clear to OH and to his mom about this. Especially the game about guessing how big the mothers belly is with string. His mother and mine are throwing me a shower. Well they were until his mother butted mine out and took over. My mother was fine with this but still said she would help her in anyway possible. Today, OH calls me on his lunch break and informs me his mom is playing one shower game, "guess how big her belly is." I told him I do not wish to play any games and his reply was "its not for you, its for the guest."
The last time I checked this shower was for me (the baby) and he knows I have anxiety when it comes to being center of attention. It will be hard enough for me to sit there while people watch me open gifts and watch my reaction.

I should really just be grateful that his mother is going through all the trouble, but now I really dont want to go to my own shower and am upset that she is not respecting my wishes. It was the one thing I asked when she said she wanted to throw me a shower. I am not sure how to approach this as I thought OH would have my back as he usually does but it seems to me he has hers.

My family only does one or two games:

1: is baby gift bingo. Where people get a blank bingo card and they write down what they think that you will get in the squares and play bingo while you open gifts. (keeps people entertained during gift opening, especially if you have a big shower) less focus on you and the bump.

2. is a diaper drawing. Everyone is asked to bring a package of diapers. When they come in, they are given a raffle ticket in exchange for the diapers and there is a drawing for the prize. This is a good one to collect a bunch of diapers with, and someone doesn't have to participate if they don't want to.

Clean up in the vegetable aisle ahahaha think I'll need to visit tescos more than shopping day near the end! Lol we don't have a mother care here :( lol
I'm hoping to have as easy of labour as last time so the build up to it can be dramatic but not the labour ha

I can imagine oh telling me to shut up the cows or sheep never make that much noise lol

Momma we don't do showers ere, but I can't tell u no one would be guessing how big my belly is! That would mortify me! My opinion is tough, it's ur belly tell ur mil sorry but no way! Say it in a way shell know not to mess with u, ie don't get emotional just very clear the ans is nope! Men won't understand how much a game like that would torment but that's his fault! Ur aloud not to want to do it!

Gubeedal thanks!!!

My mother actually filled out the invites and said we were doing the diaper raffle. I love the idea of it, and like you said, they dont have to participate.

I love the idea of the bingo game to entertain and take the attention off me.:thumbup:

And Phin thank you!! Im probably gonna have to suck it up and be direct. I thought I was when she told me she was throwing the shower and I told her I hate games esp that one. I like the idea of games that dont involve keeping pepole there for a long period of time. Like the clothes pin game. You give everyone 3 clothes pins and you loose them if someone hears you say the word baby. At the end of the shower whoever collected the most pins wins. games like that are fine with me.

I'm not having a shower, due to the fact i hate being center of attention, so i feel where you are coming from momma!!

At the end of the day it is YOUR shower and YOU are the one carrying the baby, so if i was you i would tell them where to stick their games ha ha.

xx

Oof, finally caught up. :lol:

Oh_So, I'm so sorry you have to go through all the mess with your OH. I hope you get that figured out, sooner than latter. :hugs:

MommaB, I understand your frustration with the baby shower plans. I think it'd be best to just tell her what you absolutely don't want. We don't do baby showers where I come from, so it was a bit difficult to explain to my MIL and her family that we won't do one for me. I don't have any issues with anything public (as a journalist/PR person/radio host, I could really do anything :lol:), but I just don't like those little games, for instance. So we'll do some shower-like thing when the little guy is born.

I'm not sure yet if I'm scared of preterm labour. Probably not, as there are other things I worry about a lot more. I do think that perhaps I won't know, which is why I need to have my doula lined up as soon as possible. I have a pretty high pain tolerance level (because I hate pain-numbing agents of any sort), so I don't know what to expect, really.

I did contact the doula I would like to hire sometime yesterday and I found her response in my email this morning. She's on maternity leave, actually, and isn't sure if she'd like to start taking clients just yet! Omggggggggggggg. No way. I told her to just make sure to bring the little guy with her when she comes to hang out with me. :lol: (He should be around 7-8 months by the time my due date comes.)

WOW Ladies you are a chatty bunch!!!!!

right I will try and get this right - I think it was whatwillbex - October starsigns, the beginning is libra, the end of October is Scorpio

Mommab - I would be pissed but at the same time she didn't do it to piss you off or be nasty. Just say to her, that you're not happy with pictures being shared, especially as a random stranger has come up to you and said she has seen pictures of YOUR baby.

Lucy - yaaaaaaay to Maternity leave!!!! :)

ACtually can't remember what else was said :dohh:

I HATE being the center of attention! I can totally sympatize. I'm not having a shower for this one. My baby shower ee did do a guess how big the belly is. We did with toilet paper measuring squares of it. A bit less embarassing than measuring string maybe? I just smiled my way thru. It doesn't last forever. Of course I never objected to the game. I'd be ticked if I specifically asked NOT to play a certain game. Can you talk to her about it?

Today was supposed to be my shower but since I'm on hospital bedrest my hostesses decided not to have it. I'm hoping I can convince them to do a "gift gather party" followed by a "welcome home" party. That way I know what needs to still be purchased and we can still play games and enjoy the company of our guests.

Just had my 30w midwife appt today. I learned:

We are measuring fundal height of 32.5, so close to top of the range there.

Baby's heartrate goes up to the 170s when he's being active, but hangs around 135-140 normally.

I've been having BH contractions and didn't even know it.

My weight hasn't increased much in the last two weeks, thankfully. I don't remember what it was before, but I *think* it was ~172 and today it was 173.5. Thank goodness it isn't climbing as rapidly!

Just wondering ... does anyone have like burning sensation in their pelvic bones .. like mine is right where my two lower bones are and it makes my foof feel like it's burning. It's not a UTI .. I don't think cause it's not there that burns but my actual foof and bones :blush:

Today was supposed to be my shower but since I'm on hospital bedrest my hostesses decided not to have it. I'm hoping I can convince them to do a "gift gather party" followed by a "welcome home" party. That way I know what needs to still be purchased and we can still play games and enjoy the company of our guests.

oh no, why are you on bed rest? (did I miss this??)

Sounds like a great appointment oh_so!

I'm nervous/excited for my scan tomorrow... want time to speed up a bit! I hope DD sleeps well tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->