November Due Dates (cont)

That is funny but not. I don't mind male OBs in general because I've had a couple good ones. There are two odd ones I remember who made me laugh. The first is the dr who had to do my D&C. He was a large African American male (large like a football player) and the part that concerned me is he is technically a surgeon and he definitely is missing half of a finger....as in you can tell it was probably lost in an accident of some sort. Just a little disconcerting when someone is about to scrape about your lady parts and has digits missing. He actually was fantastic at what he did and had fabulous bedside manners.

The other one I only saw once in a military hospital for a standard checkup. This male OB was the tallest man I've ever seen in person. To do the exam he lifted the exam table/bed so high I could literally touch the ceiling. Hahhaa. He was nice but it was one of the strangest OB appointments I hope to never have again.

Sarah hugs bout ur dog! Glad ur scan went well tho!

As for male drs WTB that musta been very weird experience, I don't mind if it's male or female I'm well used to my oh telling me I don't know what pain is lol as long as he/she gets baby out safe I don't care!

Baby's having either a quiet day or moved! Feeling very muffled movement and it's more like shuffles again! Glad I only had an appt tho or I would worry!

Oh, and baby is in a good position atm, but I doubt she'll stay there for long :p

My SO and I went to a 3D Ultrasound place for the second time (first visit was at 24 weeks), and this was the 30 week visit.

We never intended on going twice (for money reasons!) but when we went at 24 weeks our little girl looked 22-23 weeks, and the technician told us coming around 28-30 weeks would be best as she would have gained some weight.

The first visit was disappointing, as our baby did not look anything like a 24 week baby.

I have an anterior placenta that she wears as a "placenta taco" around her head, and that also made pics difficult.

SO, for this 30 week visit, I was crossing my fingers it would turn out great.

Well.

Baby has grown, but still is small. Technician said she thinks she'll be a 7 lb baby.

Little brat had her hand AND her foot in her mouth for most of the scan, and the placenta over half her face.

I don't want to say I was as disappointed as last time, but it was NOTHING like the pics I saw on their website.

Even the tech was frustrated and she ended up giving us the session for $99 instead of $125, because she said "I do way better pictures than that."

:dohh: CHILD! Already making our lives difficult!!!

So, from what we could see - she has TONS of hair already (oh my god!), she has an adorable nose, she LOVES sticking things in her mouth (great), and she has "really big feet" according to the technician.

We also have a DVD of the whole thing, about 50 minutes (was supposed to be 30 but the technician was having such a hard time.)

Please enjoy the pics! One of the first ones is her with her hand in her mouth!

Attachments

• UCBABY_7.jpg
    UCBABY_7.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 7
  • UCBABY_10.jpg
    UCBABY_10.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 7
  • UCBABY_12.jpg
    UCBABY_12.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 8
  • UCBABY_24.jpg
    UCBABY_24.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 9
  • UCBABY_26.jpg
    UCBABY_26.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 8
Wow! So much going on! We're going out of town this weekend and I probably won't even try to catch up when I come back :haha:

MommaB- Glad the conversation with your OH went well... also, I picked a medical group that only has women for that exact reason! I'm just not comfortable with a male being in that region.... mainly for the same reasons you listed!

Sarah - huge hugs to you about your pup! I can't imagine... I love my fur babies as if I birthed them myself! (that may change once I actually do birth a baby, but for now they're my "kids"). Glad to hear the appointment went well, though. Definitely a positive note for the day!

And I'm sure I'm missing tons of other things, but those were the ones that stuck out when I decided to respond :)

AFM - had a checkup yesterday. Baby is doing well :) I'm measuring exactly 27 weeks, so that's good... I tried not to look at the scale, but I'm affraid I did catch a glimpse... OMG! I think I've gained 20-25lbs already???????? How can that be!!!? (to be fair, I don't remember exactly what I started out at, so I don't know for sure how much weight I've gained, but it was a scary number!)

They're so sweet, A_K_and_K! I love how she has her hand in her mouth :) Also, she's moving her face in one which is really cool! You're going to meet that cheeky little thing soon!!!

AW! AK, she may not have been cooperating, but you can already see she has such sweet features :) She's a cutie!

One of my dogs died :(
Oh no, Sarah! I'm so sorry. :( Was it an old doggy?

Yay for the appointment, though. I'm glad all's going well for you. Our little guy is younger than your girl, but longer. I guess I'm okay with that. I'd rather push out a long baby, than a fat one. :rofl: But there's a looong way to go for us.

Ouch for that tooth, as well.

(I am trying to do my best and address things in the thread before it gets way out of hand and I'm dropping in like some alien. :lol:)

And now, finally, a question: do people buy gifts for bachelorette parties in the US? I'm invited to one tomorrow night and have no clue if I need to bring a gift. There will be no bridal shower for the girl and the wedding is in about three weeks.

Thanks, He had just turned ten (goldens live 13-16). He was having a tumor removed and it was more attached than they thought. He just didn't wake up again :(.

I think they grow in length until about week 30, then they fatten up :D So I guess it all comes down to how much longer they get to cook for from now on!

Those are very cute pictures, AK_K!

I have to admit mine weren't anything as awesome as many of those I'd seen online, but oh well.

do people buy gifts for bachelorette parties in the US? I'm invited to one tomorrow night and have no clue if I need to bring a gift. There will be no bridal shower for the girl and the wedding is in about three weeks.

We usually do... it just depends. Typically there's a Lingerie Shower before teh bachelorette party actually begins and we buy the bride to be sexy nighties for the wedding night/honeymoon...

Good afternoon, Ladies.

Sarah, :hugs: for your baby. I hope he/she lived a full life.

Glad everyone's scans are going well. Sorry about your uncooperative baby, A_K. lol! She's a cutie, though!

Hope everyone's day is good. I'm going to be moving to a new lab space starting tomorrow, really excited! It will be nice to leave the clutter behind. lol!

A_K she is soo cute!! I love the one of her smiling :flower:

Mrs, have fun this weekend!!!

Jaz, I have no clue :shrug: I think it depends on what your doing for the evening and how well you know her. I guess some little something wouldnt hurt, but I really dont know.

She doesn't want any naughty things, as much as I know.

And the whole deal is being held at a restaurant/American bar, a bit upscale, so I'm sure she wouldn't want penis-shaped anything. :lol:

I know her... well, I don't know. She's not my close friend, but then again, I have none of those here. I guess I'll buy some cosmetics, or something similar. Useful, neutral kind of thing.

Hi everyone. Had my 3d today. A bit disappointed that little miss didn't want us to see her whole face. On the bright side the choroid plexus cyst is gone. :)

I'll post pics later.

Hi everyone. Had my 3d today. A bit disappointed that little miss didn't want us to see her whole face. On the bright side the choroid plexus cyst is gone. :)

I'll post pics later.

I was so happy when my second ultrasound showed that the CPCs were all gone, too! :happydance:

AK she is just too precious. It's better to have a little rascal in my opinion as she will hopefully come out as one tough little cookie. I'm hoping my LOs come out and I hear the nurses fussing "stubborn little girls keep pulling out their nasal canulas." That way I know these little ones are going to fight for life just as hard out of the womb as in.

I wish I could do a 3D scan (aside from the fact the hospital won't do them), but last time we tried there were little "sister parts" in every single shot we tried to get. Mind you it was cute, but it was hard to see the cute faces with cute hineys or toes or hands in each others faces. :haha:

Evening ladies, I've been a bit AWOL the last couple of days as I've been very tired after work so been zoning out! I'm just about caught up with what's been going on with you all... Sounds like there have been some successful doctors appointments... the chat about labour o_O yikes!!! It's really starting to scare me!

Wandering, I've heard SPD can be agony, so I'm really sorry to hear that you think that's what you've got. I've been having a lot of hip pain but can't imagine how you must be feeling :hugs:

Oh_so, any update with that man of yours?

AK, your LO is gorgeous! You can still see a cheeky wee smile!

MommaB, glad you were able to chat through your concerns about your shower with your DH. Now you've just got to get through the chat with your mum about Facebook sharing & you're laughing!

Sorry if I've missed anything/anyone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->