November Due Dates (cont)

Ouf! I'm starting to feel really bad about saying mean things to OH the other day, especially copying his cousin. I know he deserves it in a way for not helping more, but at the same time it really hurt him, that's evident, and it hurts to hurt someone you love. :( I want to apologize, but I want to stand my ground, too. His pride might not let him continue this relationship. We'll see. Whatever will be will be. Just wish I hadn't hurt him, and that I didn't feel so bad for it now. I want him to stay and be more helpful. Why can't he just do that? Why is it so hard for him?? !

It's a difficult situation, especially when he's someone you care about. I really hope you can resolve it for the best. It might just be the kick in the behind that he needs to get motivated though, don't feel bad, it might do him some good in the long run :hugs:

Yeah, It is rough. I know I need to just bite my toungue, but part of me wants to go home, give him a big hug and tell him I'm sorry I hurt him. I just don't want him to think that it's okay not to do the cleaning. He really should be doing it since he's home. It is unfair.

You're right, it's unfair & you shouldn't have to run around after him with everything else you've got going on! He needs to learn to take responsibility.

It sure is a tough situation. But you're right when you say you want him to actually know what is, as well as isn't, ok. So I believe you need to have a nice chat. :hugs:

Little Vanessa! Most pics are variations of these as she was reluctant to move the whole time!

Attachments

• vanessa01.jpg
    vanessa01.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 5
  • vanessa02.jpg
    vanessa02.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 5
  • vanessa03.jpg
    vanessa03.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 6
Wow! Every 3D scan is so different, she's very dainty, what a sweetheart! She totally suits the name Vanessa too!

awww LOVE your 3D scans AK and Bookity!! :) :)

oh_so - I wouldn't apologise .. like you said if you do that he'll think it's even more okay to not do anything and it isn't right at all! :hugs:

Ouf! I'm starting to feel really bad about saying mean things to OH the other day, especially copying his cousin. I know he deserves it in a way for not helping more, but at the same time it really hurt him, that's evident, and it hurts to hurt someone you love. :( I want to apologize, but I want to stand my ground, too. His pride might not let him continue this relationship. We'll see. Whatever will be will be. Just wish I hadn't hurt him, and that I didn't feel so bad for it now. I want him to stay and be more helpful. Why can't he just do that? Why is it so hard for him?? !

*ahem*

You didn't hurt him. What you wrote may have hurt him, but that does not mean that it was hurtful in design. That he felt hurt by the words only means that he knows there is truth in them and feels ashamed. That is not your fault.

:hugs:

Thanks, ladies, for your support! I know you're all right. I will just leave it be and see where things fall. Hopefully cleaner. The thing is he asks "what's not clean, I don't understand?", which I don't get. I mean, the floors are dirty, the counters, the stove, there is clutter, the dresser/dust, the bathroom. The only thing done was the dishes, because I did them. Pretty much everything could use cleaning. I think his threshold of clean is just different than mine. How does one resolve that? I don't want me and baby to live in a dirty house!

Awe, bookity, very sweet. Man, after you and A_K posted pix I realllly wish I was getting a scan, too. I can't believe it will be so long 'til I see my little man. I wonder what he's looking like in there?!

Thanks, ladies, for your support! I know you're all right. I will just leave it be and see where things fall. Hopefully cleaner. The thing is he asks "what's not clean, I don't understand?", which I don't get. I mean, the floors are dirty, the counters, the stove, there is clutter, the dresser/dust, the bathroom. The only thing done was the dishes, because I did them. Pretty much everything could use cleaning. I think his threshold of clean is just different than mine. How does one resolve that? I don't want me and baby to live in a dirty house!

Awe, bookity, very sweet. Man, after you and A_K posted pix I realllly wish I was getting a scan, too. I can't believe it will be so long 'til I see my little man. I wonder what he's looking like in there?!

I know, at some point it seems easier to just do the chores yourself rather than go through the hassle of getting help. I hope your situation gets better, though. :flower:

I had my 29 week checkup today, and got blood drawn for my glucose test, thyroid levels, and iron levels. Got a tech who said my vein was "misbehaving." Never had that before! The glucose drink is just like drinking syrup, like everybody says. However, with all the talk of it tasting like flat orange soda, I was expecting it to be orange-colored! So I was rather taken aback when it was clear!

My veins have been horrible thru pregnancy. I work so hard to extremely hydrate before blood draws, but pretty much we're just using my hand from now on due to all the misses in my arm. :/

I think my orange stuff was orange. I am pretty sure. Good they didn't have dye in yours in any case. I remember checking it for Red #40 to be sure, so yeah, it was orange but didn't have Red 40. Nasty drink that Glucola! Did you do the 1 hour preliminary, or the 2 or 3 hour with fasting? Hope all is well! I don't recall if any of the November ladies were diagnosed GD. In any case it can be anyone. I had a friend in town, tiny thing that eats healthy and all, and she developed GD. So, there ya go.

My icky thing was orange, but I sure did forget the name of it.

I wish I could just to the 3D scan more often, haha. It was fun.

Got my glucola in the fridge right now and it is orange. Got the 1 hour screen next week. Hope I pass and don't have to think about it anymore.

My DH definitely doesn't see clean/dirty in the same way as I do, and I'm by no means a super-clean type! He's alright at tidying & will happily do the dishes (although sometimes not very well), and he'll 'clear up' stuff, but if I left it to him, it would never truly be *clean*
But I totally get where you're coming from, if my DH made no attempt to clean & help out, particularly if he's at home & not working, I'd be pissed at him. I'm grateful that he tries, even though he's not always successful!
I'd swab the place with cotton wool to show him the dirt that he seems to think is fictional!

My veins have been horrible thru pregnancy. I work so hard to extremely hydrate before blood draws, but pretty much we're just using my hand from now on due to all the misses in my arm. :/

I think my orange stuff was orange. I am pretty sure. Good they didn't have dye in yours in any case. I remember checking it for Red #40 to be sure, so yeah, it was orange but didn't have Red 40. Nasty drink that Glucola! Did you do the 1 hour preliminary, or the 2 or 3 hour with fasting? Hope all is well! I don't recall if any of the November ladies were diagnosed GD. In any case it can be anyone. I had a friend in town, tiny thing that eats healthy and all, and she developed GD. So, there ya go.

It's weird, none of the other techs have mentioned having a problem, so maybe I was a little dehydrated today or something.

I just had the 1 hour preliminary, so hopefully I pass that! The nurse waited there the whole time while I was drinking it. I guess to make sure I didn't try to cheat by dumping it down the sink. It seems like a lot, but she was like, "Chug it!"

Got my glucola in the fridge right now and it is orange. Got the 1 hour screen next week. Hope I pass and don't have to think about it anymore.

Then maybe my clear stuff is in the minority! How come they had you take it home, if you don't mind my asking?

I'm really sorry about your dog Sarah. At least you know you gave him a wonderful life and he didn't suffer in anyway at the end.
:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->