November Fireworks 2017

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving! I know we&#8217;re all busy, exhausted, and simply trying to get in the groove of things with a newborn. Wishing all of you the very best <3<3<3

We’re battling ridiculous wind issues atm, I am currently drinking my way through a vat of fennel tea &#128521;

Hi everyone. I am so so so so happy, it is ridiculous.
With my first, I was so anxious all the of the time. I cried a lot, I hardly ever slept, and I was just a sleep-deprived hormonal mess.
This is so different. This baby doesn't have reflux like my first, so I am not constantly feeding and burping and cleaning up projectile vomit. He is just a peaceful squishball.
I know that the sleepy stage doesn't last forever so I am just cherishing it right now. Alsooooo my husband hasn't gone back to work (he returns next week but only for a week and then has 6 weeks holiday) so I know that I am not living "real life" yet. It will all be so much harder when I have to get up with my toddler at 5 every morning after only just going back to sleep after Otis's 3am feed. I will be so tired later, so I am treasuring this time so much.

With my first born, I didn't love him straight away. Obviously that love grew, but I am so glad that it was different this time. I'm glad I got to experience it the way everyone describes. I am really enjoying this newborn stage.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 6
Aw I’m really pleased for you &#128578; We are off to the dr today to see if it’s likely we are dealing with silent reflux again - and hopefully catch it early if so - but the first week or so was really nice so I empathise with your happiness &#128578; Even if I am starting to fall slightly into the no sleep horror again this end &#128533;

Aww justme, that sucks. I know that the no sleeping is coming my way soon too.
I hope the dr can help you with the silent reflux :(

We have a week of ranitidine and strict instructions to see if it really genuinely makes a difference or not. And a whole pile of guilt about the potential negative side effects of using it - hence only having a week. But overall I am really pleased as at least now we will know - and if it does nothing we know it’s ‘colic’ and we just have to get on with it. Fingers crossed

Brenda J- you are absolutely correct, all that does matter is getting to hold our precious little ones.

Hope everyone had a great holiday with their new little ones and family.

Well we did the ranitidine for a few days and it didn’t really make any difference, so we stopped it again. But the obvious good side is that she therefore doesn’t have reflux! She also seems a bit easier again so overall we’re all good &#128578;

Hey everyone, just wondering how you are all doing with your babies? X

My sweet little girl is perfect.. good as gold I cant complain.

Im struggling with some postnatal anxiety unfortunately.. never had before and its really taking over. Mostly to do with the c section and my recovery.
Hoping to get past it all soon.

Can't believe I have a 6 week old already!

Hey everyone. My baby girl will be a month old on 12/10, all was going well until the unexpected happened, she got sick. My son is sick and was coughing all over the place, and now she&#8217;s congested, coughing, and sneezing :(.

I&#8217;m also pumping milk but now I want to transition to breastfeeding. She latches I&#8217;m fine, but since she&#8217;s so used to the bottle, she won&#8217;t work to get the fatty hindmilk. She&#8217;ll drink the foremilk just fine, but then she&#8217;ll get fussy when she has to work for it!! Ugh, so for now I&#8217;m continuing pumping.

Aw Emma I had bad anxiety after the birth of my first son. It sucks and makes everything more difficult. Can you maybe speak to a gp about it? Looking back, I wish I had done something about it because now the memories of the newborn phase with my oldest is all bad memories filled with anxiety. But obviously that's easy to say now, while I'm not going through it. I hope you're okay :hugs:

Brenda it suckssss that your baby is sick! It's so hard when they can't breathe through their noses and it makes everything difficult. I've done the opposite to you, I've recently switched to fully formula feeding and have stopped pumping. It was so time consuming for such little reward. Good on you for trying so hard. You've got this!

Took my baby to her pediatrician and she tested positive for RSV. I was advised to stay on top of things and suction her mucous out frequently. I&#8217;m using nose freida and OMG it works wonders. I was also told that breastfed babies have a better outlook for RSV due to the antibodies the milk contains. They expected her to be worse, hoping it doesn&#8217;t get there.

I truly hope no one else&#8217;s baby gets sick, it really is horrible!

Oh no BrendaJ! Your poor baby! I will pray she doesn’t get worse! I’m so terrified of RSV especially since i ended up with a preemie! I’m so so sorry!

My older two kids had a funky tummy bug over the weekend, but little Charlotte managed to avoid it so far. She's finally a "normal" sized newborn...I would guess that she's now around 8 lbs or so. Like with my other children, I have a micro supply of breast milk due to IGT/breast hypoplasia...I have to formula feed. That being said, she does get every drop of breastmilk I do produce, as we use a Lact-aid nursing trainer, so she nurses at the breast and gets her formula at the same time without the use of bottles. She loves breastfeeding, and for me, it's about more than ounces and milk. <3

She wakes up every three or four hours to eat, so I'm getting fairly good rest. Overall, she's a delightful baby, and pretty easygoing.

Littlelala, I have to say that Otis has the most adorable smoochy cheeks EVER!! Cheeks for DAYS!

Oh wookie that's fantastic that you're able to experience breastfeeding with Charlotte despite your supply issues. How lovely.
Thanks, Otis has got cheeks for days haha, his brother's cheeks were even bigger! Otis turned a month old the other day. He looks about 70 :haha:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 6
I had my little lovely weighed a couple of days ago; she's now 8lb! I couldn't quite believe it when the health visitor told me - I'd assumed she was mid 7s - she still looks so dinky and people comment when they coo and ask how old she is. 6 weeks 3 days today. Can't believe where the time's gone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->