November Fireworks 2017

Labor started last night right at 11pm. It's slow going, the contractions are so painful!! Not staying consistent though, I've been having bloody show since my first contraction. I go in at 10 to check what progress has been made!

Justme, so sorry that things aren’t going to go as you wish they had. Hugs!

Littlelala, I know what you mean about being induced. I wanted to go on my own too, but as it turns out, it’s looking very unlikely.

My amniotic fluid is even lower than before per test/ultrasound done today. I’m down to a 6. I see my ObGyn Thursday, but was told by the hospital nurses to come prepared because I will probably stay for induction due to the low fluid. It will be decided Thursday by my doctor, though. I’m pretty sure it’s going to happen. I’ll be 37+4 on Thursday.:cry: I’m happy, sad, excited, and terrified all at the same time. Ugh. Good luck ladies :thumbup:

Oh pink how exciting!! But also sounds so painful! I hope you have this baby sooooon!!!

Brenda, that sucks about your fluid levels. All you can do is keep really hydrated and hope for the best. Please keep us updated with what your dr says. Fingers crossed for you xxx

Exciting times Pink! Hope all goes smoothly x

Well after 27 hours of extremely painful long contractions , I had an emergency transfer from midwife to hospital where I received an emergency c-section After it was determined my uterus ruptured. Baby and I are safe.. oh and btw , it's a girl .. It's been a hell of a 27 hours and I'm exhausted and still trying to process everything!! I'll write more tomorrow!

AH wow Pink - hope your ok and baby is doing well. Sounds a bit scary but you were in the right place!
Definitely the year of the girl!
Any name yet?

Oh my goshhhh!!! How scary for you pink!
Congratulations on your girl.
Can't wait to hear more from you x

Her name is Madison Anne Claire, yes 2 middle names because Anne was just decided, as that's dhs grandma who got us together and she passed away 9 years ago and I went into labor on her bday :)

Wide awake.. staring at this little miracle.

Yesterday was crazy!!! I keep replaying it all in my head... After my water broke, things really intensified. Contractions became one on top the the other and I progressed pretty well although only got to 5cm/100% she could stretch me to almost an 8. I was finding the contractions really difficult and suddenly had an urge to push. I had had no progress from the previous check so was told not to push. It was involuntary though. The contractions became so painful I could do nothing but yell and cry. There was a sharp pain that started along the right side of my incision so I alerted my midwife, she took my vitals and we listened to baby's hb on doppler. All seemed well and the pain mostly subsided after the contractions. But the urge to push was unbearable. I finally told my midwife I thought we needed to transfer. She tried to talk me out of it and also took her time getting stuff done (transfer papers) and then finally an hour later we were on our way. I was quite the sight.. the main hospital entrance was closed for the night so we had to go through er , they pushed me in a wheelchair and I had a contraction in the lobby of the er and let me tell you THAT was embarrassing... everyone was staring at me as I screamed so loud and kept coming up off the seat of the wheelchair!

That continued as they checked me into l&d and the nurses took their sweet time. As soon as we got up to l&d the nurse immediately said "you're signing consent for c-section" as their hospital policy is against vba2c. And the nurse had an obvious disdain of midwives lol.. anyway I signed them and within an hour they had little lady out. Sure enough my uterus had opened up where I was feeling all the pain and part of the amniotic sac was bulging .. the Dr said my uterus now looks like a patchwork quilt and he said absolutely no more babies for me! I was ok with that and had actually told them to remove my tubes during the c-section but that somehow got overlooked and it didn't get done��.. so they got Madison out and dh got to announce the gender to which we were like ����������... it was still a special time and I'm just so so so thankful I didn't let the midwife pressure me into staying any longer.. I'm in some discomfort at the moment but Nothing like before the c-section.. that and I declined pain meds �� ... I do have it at my disposal if I so choose. So because i also had developed a fever and increased white blood cells they have me on 3 different types of antibiotics and they had to send the placenta for testing to make sure Madison is in the clear!
Also I'm having quite a bit more bleeding than they are happy with so I'm on pitocin and hourly belly massages ������������������������

And I'm feeling guilty about all the money we spent for a midwife and still ended up here with a c-section, plus being away from my other 2 girls

Pink! Oh my word! How scary! I’m so glad you’re both ok!
Do not spend one second feeling guilty! There’s zero way you could’ve known this would happen and you only did what you thought was best. Rest up and heal!

Wow pink what an ordeal!! So scary. Don't feel guilty!! You weren't to know what was going to happen!
Thank goodness you and Madison are okay :) <3 my son has two middle names and this one will too.

It's scary to think that today is the last day that my son is an only child. Induction tomorrow morning.

Gosh Pink! I'm glad both you and Madison are ok x

Good luck tomorrow Lala - let us know how it goes :)

I still have a week to go - my c-section is booked for the 16th :)

Oh wow Pink!! So happy you and baby are good. Many blessings to you both!!

Update: I’m being induced today and meds will begin at 3pm. My amniotic fluid was lower than expected so my obgyn felt it was time to deliver for a chance of a safer delivery. I’m praying I don’t need a c-sec, I’m so afraid. All is looking well, my nerves are not! Will update once baby is here— probably midnight or later.

Good luck BrendaJ.

Pink-that is really scary. I am glad you and Madison are doing well.

Oh, Pink...that's why my OB decided to take Charlotte at 38 weeks, due to my thin uterus during my last pregnancy. They wanted me to avoid having any labor or contractions, as that is what will rupture a thin uterine wall. I'm so sorry it ended up like that for you, but honestly, you were very lucky, and I'm glad to hear that both you and little Madison (adorable name, btw) are HERE, healthy, and safe. I'm sorry no one saw the immediate urgency in your situation - that's scary. Anyway, congrats on your little daughter. I went ahead and had my tubes tied (the fact that they overlooked doing your tubal is crazy), and I'm also done with babies...my uterus simply couldn't carry another, and I'm 39, and 3 children was our absolute limit. :) Our family is complete, and I hope you feel that same sense of "done" when you look at your little daughter. <3

Brenda- Thinking of you. Hopefully you'll have that baby in your arms ASAP. No sense in mucking with the low fluid situation...baby will be safer with support on the inside, rather than in utero at this point. Good luck, and I can't wait to hear how it went.

Oh, Pink...that's why my OB decided to take Charlotte at 38 weeks, due to my thin uterus during my last pregnancy. They wanted me to avoid having any labor or contractions, as that is what will rupture a thin uterine wall. I'm so sorry it ended up like that for you, but honestly, you were very lucky, and I'm glad to hear that both you and little Madison (adorable name, btw) are HERE, healthy, and safe. I'm sorry no one saw the immediate urgency in your situation - that's scary. Anyway, congrats on your little daughter. I went ahead and had my tubes tied (the fact that they overlooked doing your tubal is crazy), and I'm also done with babies...my uterus simply couldn't carry another, and I'm 39, and 3 children was our absolute limit. :) Our family is complete, and I hope you feel that same sense of "done" when you look at your little daughter. <3

The thing is I was cleared by 10 different drs. I had an ultrasound at 36 weeks, it showed the placenta was well out of the way of my scar, that my uterus was nice and thick and that there were no signs of acreeta. I did everything "right" to make sure we were safe! But in the end these things can just happen!! Even on a nice thick well healed uterus. Crazy!!

I do have that sense of peace when I look at her and know she's our last! I'm thankful and content with our family and the miracles we hsve!!

Just wanted to announce that my daughter was born 11/10 at 3:25pm! I&#8217;m exhausted to say the least but will update later on my experience! GN all and wish all who is still waiting the very best!!

Congrats Brenda!
Another girl to add to the group!
How much did she weigh and have you decided on a name?

Just to swing by and say we had our little girl by ‘elective’ csection on 7.11.17 &#128578; We’re probably going to call her Lilliana aka Lilly.
It’s all going great and no immediate sign of pnd - but she did spend last night trying to kill me via no sleep and constant feeds, and the cat made himself extremely unpopular by jumping on my tummy...

Congratulations Brenda and Just on the safe arrival of your little girls :)

I hope your induction went ok Lala!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->