• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

||November Mummies!|| Another Year :)

Aww congratulations!!!

Im off to the hospital this morning to have my baby FINALLY!!!!! I am just sooooo excited/nervous now!

I'll see you all on the other side ladies!!! Whoop Whoop!!!

Wow wee, every day more babies - it seems strange that i should feel amazed as this is the november thread, but i can't help but get excited!

Massive congratulations and welcome Serenity Rose, all the best for your inductions ladies!

Still no signs for us - this baby seems quite comfortable despite the wriggling and jiggling. I do feel really unconfortable now - for the last couple of days my hips have been aching like crazy and i can feel myself puffing up more. Still having my bp monitored twice a week, not that they've found anything to warrant it (i did have pre-e last time, diagnosed during labour), i guess i should be glad they're looking after me well this time. So another trip up the hospital today to be checked over.

Bonfire night baby could be fun, does anyone have a preference as to the date they have their baby?

I'd love to have her this weekend, the 11th or the 14th. (11th is my uncles birthday and how cool wpuld 11/11/11 be? 14th is my mums 50th!)

Indeed 11/11/11 would be special. I don't finish work until next week, when i'll be 38+5 and i'm unsure how much time after edd i could wait this time. Our toddler was 4 days late, so not too long, but he was well cooked and weighed 8 11, a bit big for me really! I'm figuring the longer we're in the bigger we're going to get. No special birthdays for us in the family this month. I'd prefer to keep in November i think, rather than tip into December.

great news poppy.

8 days over today and totally fed up with playing the waiting game now.

I just attempted to pack my hospital bag.. And gave up, completely forgotten what I need! Urghhh

i need to do one too although hopefully i wont need it. im just putting very basic things in mine :shrug: need to buy a pack of nappes!

Me to Blah - need to sort out my hospital bag but also hoping i won't need it. At least when it packet it can serve two purposes...transfer bag and also just a bag for the midwives and OH to use at home (so all the babies stuff and anything that i want, like pj's for after and isotonic drinks are all in one place) x

Thats a good idea. I think I'll prob just do a 'what we need' pile when Im in early labour haha.

OH shouted me to dinner, had morten bay bugs with rice and garlic sauce. =YUMMO.

No idea what that is!

I've just made a bolognaise sauce for lunch as I had some minced beef which was todays date, and have 2 pumpkin pies in the oven :)!

Those bugs are only found in australia lol! they are a type of crayfish

Oh, yum. You make it sound gross calling them bugs!

i take back my 'yum' :sick:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a2/Cooked_whole_Moreton_Bay_Bug.JPG

:rofl: It looks kind of like a lobster tail...I'd probably eat it! I might eat anything at this point, though. Have never heard of a food being called bugs, before. I guess that's just what you call it in Australia, Leopard? Are shrimp called bugs?

No, it's what they are; Morten Bay Bugs. They are a very close relative to the lobster but so much yummier, you eat the tail meat just like with a lobster.
Shrimp are fresh water, prawns are salt water.

Hmmm, I may have a hard time getting past the thought of eating bugs, then. :haha: But it can't be that much different than eating crabs, which look like spiders. (And aren't they a relative of spiders, or am I making that up?)

You know, I always wondered what the difference between shrimp and prawns were!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->