November Nuggets ~ 2016

Jox, sometimes relatives can be stupid. After my mom died years ago, her side of the family went completely nuts so we just keep our distance now. We hang out with people who are positive and good for us and happy for us too. Sorry you are having such a hard time with some family members :hugs:

Jox :hugs: I'm sorry to hear they are still being awful. What is their problem at all? As the saying goes, if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all. There's no need to make remarks about it, even if that's how they truly feel. Just don't understand their nastiness!!

yes,what smiley said! Why are they being like this. Is your OH sticking up for you this time though?

Hurrah for 18 weeks :happydance:

Hugs Jox.:hugs:
I am pretty tired today. Had a random dream regarding cobwebs.

I genuinely don't see what there problem is. Yes we've had a few rough patches in our relationship but don't all relationships? We've never split up and have been together for 2 years now. He's been moved in for over 6 months too. This baby was planned, yes we only have a 2 bedroom house but bedrooms r good size and we'll manage for a year or 2 after baby is born. We also bought a 7 seater car 6 months after getting together coz we knew we wanted a baby together. Lee works full time and I was able to get back into work last September etc we r not stupid, or immature or struggling for money etc so their opinions really aren't justified, which is why I've been so upset about it all. They don't get why it would upset me that they don't care about our daughter. There r 5 of them aged 26-39 and so far only 2 grandsons aged 13 and 12, one sil is due in July then this baby, this being first girl, ud think they'd be excited. They r happy for sil tho btw!!!! OH is sticking up for me to some extent be!cause he doesn't see what their problem is and they mentions their concerns for Cameron (stepson) and he doesn't get what they have to be concerned about etc but he's a,so stuck in the middle of it all and wants it all to go away like I do. I've accepting they will never love this baby like the other children in the family and it breaks my heart for her, I hope it's different when she's actually here but I've come to accept my place within the family isn't what I thought it was etc but again that upsets OH. I also, have done absolutely nothing wrong but am being treated like its me who's caused all of this etc it's just stupid and pathetic and shouldn't be happening. All they had to do was say 'aww congratulations' then bitch back to each other or their OHs rather than think they had a right to tell us their opinion!!!!

Anyway!!!

Wow, 18 weeks!! A pic came up on my time hop from 6 years ago, 19 weeks with ds2 bump. I thought I was a lot smaller this time but actually I don't think I am lol xx

What's everyone's plans for the bank holiday? Xx

No plans. It is my house inspection on tuesday and the landlord wants to talk about the baby so I am a bit nervous.

Also Jox to be honest I have no real family support here. No one seems bothered about the baby apart from a few friends and it breaks my heart. Lucy has no support as it is.

It's hurtful dark isn't it that people aren't interested in ur child, their flesh and blood. I can't be like that so don't understand how others can x

I'm sure as long as ur rent is being paid etc it shouldn't make any difference about baby coming xx

Jox its so bad. Like you said, they could have just said congratulatuons and then voiced their opinion behind your back for the sake of not causing any upset!

I'm the same, my family don't care about my kids let alone this baby. Good job DHs family are so involved!

We have taken the kids to the park this morning then went to a different one with a little mini farm on. Kids had a nice time.

Just relaxing in the garden now, too warm though!

Jox - Maybe they're jealous because you're having the 1st girl?

I wouldn't listen to them, if they can't accept your decision to extend (YOUR) family then I would have nothing to do with them. It's not like they have to raise your baby!

DS had ice hockey training, then family skate with both kids, then straight to DD's friends party, just got home.

Sorry haven't been posting much....just feel ignored a lot so I'm just not bothering

Jox, just wanted to say I have the same issue with this baby's dad family. His mother hates this baby and it is all because she knew she wasn't going to get anymore money out her son. I am okay with tho because I never wanted my kid around somebody like that. So maybe it is good that they are showing their truly colors now. There also those that come around once the baby is born, but I would still never trust my child around somebody who once hated them.

Have a good day ladies.

Thanks Wtt :)

@Smiley; Sometimes i just feel skipped over...maybe im just hormonal as i get like that with my irl friends lol.

Like now....this is something that bothers me and I dont know why...it really irks me when other ladies brag on here about getting pregnant their first month ttc or even not trying..I just take it as a low blow to the ones who have been trying for many years.

Hugs hunni. Forums like this are fast paced. I dont think people are deliberately ignoring you. Happy 14 weeks to you :)

Agree with Dark. There's often an awful lot going on, I don't think anyone has ignored you deliberately.

I know..we are often a chatty bunch who never stays on one topic too long.

and thanks dark

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->