November Nuggets ~ 2016

Also missfrick! I started having braxton hicks as of yesterday too! X

Elmo - parvovirus is what animals get infected with, not humans. Humans can get parvovirus B19 which cannot infect animals. Sorry about your DH having to deal with that old accident.

Dark - Glad your inspection went well!

Missfrick - So sorry about your work troubles :(

AFM, my 20 week scan is June 22nd! Can't wait to start feeling movement.. nothing here yet.

Thanks Ladies :hugs:

I dunno, I just feel really down which I'm gutted about as I was so happy when I was pregnant with DD. I'm scared about the birth I guess as I had a rough time last time and also worried about coping with two as Orla is such a handful. I've got so much to be excited about but just feel like I'm being negative and can't shake it off. Like I'm convinced I'll have bad news at my 20 week scan, so I'm hoping after that I'll feel more positive.

Doesn't help that the derelict house next to us is being renovated - we were spoilt with it being empty but now we've lost all our privacy and they're working on it 7 days a week!!!!! The noise, the mess and feeling like a goldfish in my home and garden is really getting me down (they were drilling the rendering of it on Bank Holiday Monday, they didn't even have a break - or give us a break from it - for the Bank Hol) and DH doesn't really get why I'm upset. We go on holiday in two weeks so maybe the break from everything will also help me.

Anyway, sorry for the long post and hope everyone else is having a good day!

Elmo that's so tough, what do you think has made him think about living with his Dad full time?

Dark that's great news about your inspection

:) xx

Scarlett - :hugs: Don't worry or apologize about sounding negative on here, ever! It just sounds like you've got a lot to deal with. Pregnancy itself is in many ways stressful, I think it's natural to think about what's going to change and to have some concerns there (of course!), and when you've got additional stressors it could make you feel a bit more down than usual. Just take it one step, one day at a time!
Going away on holiday sounds lovely and it may be just what you need! :hugs:

Hi ladies! Back from my trip home, was too short of course but we're going back for the last week in July. Got our pram, not a Mountain Buggy but a City Mini GT double instead...I love it! Down side was we got home after 3 days to a pool that was half empty and a busted irrigation system. So pool is leaking undergound somewhere, and the irrigation had been running for who knows how long while we were away. Luckily our landlord pays for water.

Hunni sorry you feel that way! Tbh, not all my posts get replies but I'm not on as much as some of the others so I figure the people who interact more reply to each other more too. I also don't respond to everyone because I just can't remember everything by the time I've caught up...please stay, everyone here is an important part of the group :flower:

Never heard of that strain of parvo in humans.

Elmo, I can't believe that lady is coming after DH now about the accident...do you think she's strapped for cash or something?

18 weeks today, 1 week until my morphology/gender scan!

Scarlett sending big hugs your way! I'm so excited next Monday I'll hit 18 weeks I feel like that's a big step just seems so much closer to 20 weeks haha. My coworker said I really popped over the long weekend haha she is so funny I'm glad I really look nice and pregnant now.

Dh still hasn't told his work we are expecting I'm not sure why sometimes I feel like hes not all that excited about it. I mean in a odd way I don't feel as excited as the first time idk if it's bc of the new worries with zika possibly comming to the United States or what or just a second pregnancy thing I ask feel like ppl around me aren't as excited I guess there's something about being a first time parent haha. Also when my neighbor asked dh about how I was doing and how far along I was he told her 2 months and next Monday I'll be entering my 5th month although my book says week 17 but everywhere else says week 18 either way he was so off I'm so embarras ed he also told her the accurate due date so she must have caught his mistake right?! Haha men! It was cute the other day dh showed slight excitement now that I think about it when we got ds his bday gifts and I didn't know if this play rake was too small he said well baby can always use it too so cutee and true lots of toys at our place once the baby can play with them :)

ds is very interested he pretends to read my chapter book about pregnancy haha so cute I love that kid to deathh.

Wow sorry for the long rant haha

Pippy congrats on 18 weeks! So exciting you learn the gender and see baby in a week!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: sending everyone hugs, seems like quite a few need them this week xx

:hugs: to everyone who feels stressed out or is going through a rough time.

Elmo, I agree with Pippy....you think she is broke and is going after your DH now because of that? I mean why else bring it up now?:shrug:

Figured out my cramping is probably harmless, round ligament pain most likely, just have to try and take it easy.

I have a midwife appointment on Friday and I'll probably get a date for my anatomy scan then, even though I already know the gender, I'm still excited to see baby again :) Still nervous about it though, pregnancy makes me paranoid.

Going to the beach wth my family on the 11th for about a week so I'm real excited about relaxing and eating me some crab legs, been craving those for a while :haha:

Congrats on everyone who has hit 18 weeks! Can you all believe we have at the most around 5 months to go before babies start arriving? I'm like :shock:

Twicky, I love the name. My daughter is Emalynn, so very similar :)

Scarlett, why won't they tell you the gender? That seems odd?

I have my anatomy scan on the 13th. Can't wait to see baby girl again! If there is anyone else who knows when their gender scan is & wants it to be on the front page let me know!

Dark I have heard it called parvo too.

Elmo hugs for your eldest asking about living at his dads :( not a nice thing to hear.

Scarlett hugs for feeling so down. 20 week scan is so close now x

Pippy...did you figure out what's wrong with the pool?

Almost...2 months pregnant :rofl: my DH was like that in my previous pregnancies but this time he is really on the ball and knows exactly how many weeks I am without me having to tell him!

Twicky enjoy the beach!

Sorry ladies been afk. Hugs to scarlett i understand about the fears.

Also i am having problems finding skye. Its so upseting. I tried last night and thought i found her but it wasnt. If i didnt have a scan on friday i would be freaking out massively.

I have read everything but can't remember who and what was said to reply individually, sorry :-(

I do remember that pippy has her scan tomorrow?! :happydance: can't wait to hear how it goes and what sexes ur having!!!

OHs sisters waters have broke today, she's not even 34 weeks. Has had such an awful pregnancy so far. They r keeping her in, giving her steroids and checking bloods for infection but other than that I have no clue what they will do. She said its trickling rather than gush so maybe she's got some good pools of water left to continue for spa but longer.

We had our appt with the genetic counsellors today, it was pretty pointless but I knew it would bel they'd said on the phone that they won't test baby when she's here unless there is a reason to but I wanted to insist they did. They mentioned amino which if they were telling me it's an amino or nothing I'm gonna go for the amino. Only thing is it carries a risk of mc. Obviously I don't want to put her in any risk but I also need to know if she's a carrier of the dodgy chromosome. They've said that as I'm an experienced mother, if I begin to worry that she isn't reaching her milestones etc I can just call and they'll get her booked in. They said being more floppy than normal is a 'common' sign and struggling with feeding so if I notice her weight gain isn't consistent I will be straight on to them. Even if she is a carrier she may not be affected by it but I feel we need to know so we can be prepared for want we MIGHT be dealing with if that makes sense. I think we r gonna have a ice look into how much the blood test would cost to have done privately too. Pisses me off that they'll allow an amino which actually puts the baby at risk yet won't just do a simple blood draw when she's here? Makes no sense!!!

Baby has changed position :-( kicks r less noticable again and internal so she must of turned back inwards :-( I am feeling her but they r no where near as obvious as they were last week.

Happy 19 weeks smiley!!

My sister has won some tickets to see Chris and pui from CBeebies show me show me and the local theatre so I'm taking the boys in the morning, they will love it!!

Lots of love dark, maybe she's higher now than u expect? Xx

Almost my oh told one of his mates over the phone that he'd known I was preggo for 2 weeks, then looked at me for confirmation...I said umm try 10 weeks!!! Men are hopeless!

Twicky I think that's a lovely name, unique but not unusual. My sister named her little girl Luella (Lou-Ella), everyone calls her Lulu. I'd never heard it before but have since seen another newborn with the same name.

Jox - scan is next Wednesday...this time it doesn't feel like it's come around slow.

Finally getting a little belly! Have a fair bit of movement now, little kicks and rolls, the rolls are a strange feeling.

Told my dragon cow manager on Tuesday, she was really good about it and has taken me off all weekend work, just have to do one weekend in June. Also started telling co-workers and no one had any idea, so it was nice that it was a surprise. One lovely lady is so excited for me she's going to make me a nursery rhyme quilt, the ones where you tuck books onto each square.

Ladies I'm half way, I really can't believe it!

Smiley not sure about the pool, it's not happened like that again...if it's not a leak it must have been a really stinking hot dry few days. I hope it's sorted because the landlord is a plumber and he comes out for pool problems, we have 4 dogs but should only have 2 so have to send 2 to a friends place, it's not hard to do but would rather avoid it.

Morning ladies!

Sorry I tried to reply last night but our internet wasn't working! Dark, have you found Skye now?

Pippy, that's lovely that she's been so nice about it and you'll get your weekends back.

Wow Smiley - happy 19 weeks!!!!

Jox have a fab time today. Hope SiL and baby are ok, do you think the bad pregnancy hasn't helped with how she's been with you? How frustrating about the tests, I can understand why you'd want to know in advance, I'm sure I would too.

Snow they've decided where I am not to tell people gender. When I asked the sonographer she said it was because they got fed up of people complaining and wanting a free scan if they weren't able to see or ran out of time to check. With DD our scan went on for ages because she wouldn't get into position so I can understand in situations like that why they might not get chance to check.

All the pushchair talk yesterday got me thinking that I need to make some decisions. Defo replacing our awful travel system and I'd hoped to get a buggy board for Orla as she'll be 2.10 when Dinky arrives. But I think I need a double/convertible/sit n stand type something so I do still have an extra seat as I won't always have a car and we'll do a lot of walking near busy roads... What are you other ladies looking at that already have toddlers?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->