November Nuggets ~ 2016

Oh pippy thought I read it was today!! So about the only thing I thought I remembered from reading I didn't :dohh:

Scarlet, Leo was only 22 months when Logan was born. We never had a double and had a buggy board but he wouldn't use it. To be honest we drove most places but the rest of the time he walked x

As for sil. The day she had a go at me she told oh she was having a bad day but imo that was no excuse and should at least mean she should apologise which she never has etc

Pippy, I hope ur pool gets sorted!! If landlord is ok with 2 dogs surely he'll be ok with the other 2?! Or say ur dog sitting to save the hassle?! Yay for getting ur pushchair!!! Xx

Yes you're right Jox, it's no excuse and she should have said sorry. I was just wondering if things may get better now, and she'll have a baby soon to focus on. I really hope so for you, it's horrible having things like that hanging over you.

I tried to go without the pushchair this week and whilst she's happy to walk, at the moment at least I need a way of keeping her contained from time to time. She climbed out of the trolley at a supermarket when I was trying to pay and in the garden centre she ran off! As there will be times I need to walk and to go quite far I think I need something a bit more than a buggy board. Although a lot could change between now and October, but I don't think I'm going to try again soon pushchair free on my own - running after her wasn't fun!

Dark perhaps she is higher than you think now :)

Jox what is the testing for and the possible amnio?! Nothing serious I hope? Has SIL had baby after her waters broke?

Hope you enjoyed Chris and Pui!! Sounds fabulous!

Pippy that's lovely about the lady making you a blanket!

Scarlett that's rubbish they won't tell you the gender. With regards to pushchairs...I had an 18. Month gap between my boys so had a tandem (britax b dual). T be honest with your little one being nearly 3 when baby arrives you might find it easier to use a buggy board and perhaps use a wrist strap as well so no running away? It might be a waste of money buying a double. My youngest started walking everywhere at a similar age to what your LO will be when baby is born.

I've just finished work. All done now till Wednesday:)

Baby has been kicking so much these last few days, I felt it from the outside last night for the first time which was lovely :) He is so active!

Hi Ladies.
So I joined slimming world this morning. I need adult interaction and this will help.

I cant stand show me show me. Poi gets to me so much haha.

Regarding prams. I am getting a pram with a buggy board. Lucy is great but she gets interested in everything. Birds, ducks, cows and dogs. We live rural so there is an abundance of everything here. She has a habit of running ahead and I cant chase after her normally never mind pregnant.

Jox have I missed something about the tests?

I am beginning to worry about the 20 week scan. I have a congenital heart defect and there is a chance that Skye could have this and it keeps pushing forward. So for the anemia hasnt been present which is great but they wont scan her heart properly till 20 weeks so I am pretty clueless until then. I have been feeling her kick loads today which is wonderful.

Thanks Smiley and Dark - yes Orla is a bolter too Dark and it's no fun chasing her but I'm hoping she'll be better by Oct so maybe a buggy board will do it. I guess I can just wait off buying til a bit closer to the DD.

That's lovely Smiley! This baby doesn't really kick like DD did, but s/he does roll so it's more that I feel.

Dark it must be horrible waiting for 20 weeks scan when you've got something so big like that to check. Could you go for a private scan somewhere and ask?

I can't wait to finish work am very jealous Smiley! They've been doing old wives tales for gender today and two of the three came out boy for me :haha:

There is no point whilst I am having these regular scans. There only looking for the anemia which is a pain.

Pippy i hit thanks as like haha that made me laugh about how long he knew you were pregnant.

Hope all are well I unfortunately found myself at the er for a ultrasound because I was rear ended shortly after leaving work in my rental car talk about my anxiety going sky high I was. balling mess so embarrassed 2 police cars 1 ambulance and a fire truck came the fire medics checked me briefly or more like observed I was needing prenatal bw anyways so I drove myself got my bw and went to the er I needed peice of mind of course after I knew baby was ok I asked about gender but no sign of it yet which surprised me as I'm about 17.5 weeks but okay will have to wait a bit longer. I feel okay reported the accident to my insurance this am and will take my rental to get checked out today may have to switch rentals glad I am not working today my boss said no way to stay home and rest so atleast i can sort all this out and relax as much as I can (ds is home with me).

I also feel like I missed something jox best of luck with your test and results.

Dark it totally stinks having to wait but it will be here before you know it hope all turns out okay!

Almost, sorry to hear about the accident but pleased you and bump are ok!!

OH has a 'chromosome change' as they refer to it. He basically has a dodgy chromosome that has been passed on to his son and there is 50/50 that it'll be passed on to this baby too. Possible affects briefly r autism, learning difficulties, epilepsy, schizophrenia amounts a lot of other thing. The more serious r rare affects tho. Even if she is a carrier it's impossible to know how it'll actually affect her until it shows for itself iykwim? Xx

Glad ur ok almost!!!! Xx

There's no reason for us to have the amino as it doesn't matter if baby is a carrier, it's just over the phone they basically said they wouldn't carry out a blood test once she's born and I feel if my choice is amino or nothing then I gonna choose amino. Xx

Well done for slimming world dark :)

Almost :hugs: hope it wasnt a serious accident and you aren't hurt. Someone crashed into the back of me two weeks ago :growlmad: but luckily we were only in the drive thru so wasn't bad lol. Just a scratched car to show for it.

Scarlett if you are concerned, go for a tandem. Then at least you have the option (with most of them) to use as a single or double.

Oh wow Jox let's keep fingers crossed baby girl doesn't have it then :hugs: but like you said, even if you do find out she is a carrier, you won't know how or if it will affect her for a while yet!

Surely it's better for you to have the blood test and know for sure if you need to watch for something Jox?! That's crazy! And fingers crossed she's all fine, but surely it would be good for her to know for the future too?!

Yes exactly, I don't get y they say they won't do the test. They did say yesterday that as soon as I have a reason to be concerned (developmental delay etc) then I can contact them and they arrange the blood test etc they said they'd test her when she's older if she wants it doing (that obviously only counts if she's like oh and shows to signs of it). The chromosome is 2p16.3 (NRXN1) xx

Almost - Hope you're ok :hugs:

Jox - Does your OH have it or just carries it? Fingers crossed she will be fine. Does your stepson struggle with it?

Smiley I remembered someone else had an accident a while back but wasn't sure who did you get checked after or no? It was a minor accident I was hardly moving but quite a big bang luckily a small car hit my rental which is a large suv if they had a suv the trunk could have been damaged.

No I didn't get checked out, I was fine! Only a slight bump really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->