November Nuggets ~ 2016

OH and stepson both have the missing part of the chromosome. Missing it can affect a person in different ways. It looks as tho OH isn't affected by it but stepson is. Stepson is autistic with learning difficulties. He goes to a special school and will never live independently. He able, under instruction, to get dressed, brush his teeth etc but can't make his own drink, sandwich, has no sense of danger, can't be left alone etc his autism is quite bad but from reading possible effects he isn't too bad if that makes sense?

The 2p16.3 is the chromosome deletion. So they r missing a part of chromosome number 2. The deletion is labelled NRXN1. If u google them ull probably get more sense than from me.

Basically, even if she has the deletion she may not be affected by it. She has 50/50 chance that OH has passed the deletion on to her xx

That's good Smiley I def got jolted a bit but hardly any damage to my car my anxiety gets the best of me so I knew to relax and get a good night's sleep I had to check baby out.

Jox sounds like you have your hands full with him. My sister is ten years older than me and lives with my parents she had a brain tumor when she was 6 and had had a lot of damage from radiation and the tumor it's very sad. She can't hear well at all is legally blind and very unstable on her feet (has fallen many times) it is very hard. What a lovely mom you are helping take care of your husbands sweet boy! I hope you next baby will not be missing any parts of its chromosomes.

Thank u almost xx

Ur poor sister :-( to be hit so cruelly with illness but to have the effects be lifelong is heart breaking :-(

I hope she doesn't haven't the chromosome deletion too but we went into this pregnancy with our eyes open and are aware she could well have it. If she does only the years will tell how she is affected by it.

Xx

Hugs :hugs: my son has autism and luckily our youngest doesn't have it (although he defo has traits). We were never gonna have a third child because of the risk of autism again but this baby was a complete surprise and what will be will be.

Almost that's so sad about your sister :( My sister has a daughter with Rett Syndrome and so she will be with my sister her entire life which is a shame. Awful how things turn out. You just never know what hand you're gonna be dealt.

It's true with the fear of zika hitting my state this summer I keep thinking even if zika didn't happen other illnesses could and I can't live in fear just take precautions and do the best I can do!

I've read what is new but fo the life of me can't remember most of what I've read. It's been a short week but the short weeks in social work are the worst!

Oh and I'm sick again.
Me-0
Bronchitis-2

I loose =[
7 more days until my ultrasound! Woo

So weird I made a long post yesterday and tried to reply to everything I could remember but it's not there now,

I remember saying something about finding the baby jogger city mini double amazing for anyone asking about doubles. I could have my 16 month old at the time in the seat world facing but could put a carrycot for baby on the other side parent facing, foot muffs where amazing quality. Easy to fold and store and at the time was said to be the narrowest side by side on the market but you couldn't tell as they had loads of room. X

Sorry for not replying to all the others but I have completely forgotten the rest of what I wrote now!

Oh I also filled you in on my eldest, turns out it was all the idea of having his own room!!! Once we pointed out that if his had has more children he will have to share there as well and asked him where he would want to be if we where moving to a bigger house with extra bedroom he then said with us! So he is staying and I am so so relieved I wasn't coping at all.

Almost my brother had a brain tumour, he finished radiotherapy to shrink it as it is inoperable 3 years ago and in the last week and a half has suddenly really changed, he has forgotten how to eat, use his seatbelt, lost use of his right arm and most of the time doesn't know who people are even his little boy 😢 He had emergency scans and they have shown that the tumour has started growing again and is now 3 times bigger than it was to begin with. There are not many options but he will start chemo on Monday however I have a feeling that there is not much hope 😢 Life has been so unfair to him, after he married his wife they had quite a few miscarriages and she had her second still born baby when they did eventually conceive (first was with her ex husband) they then spent years trying to adopt and had just adopted my nephew when the brain tumour struck. Why is life so cruel to some? X

Jox :hugs: has anyone in your OH's family got it? I'm glad your OH shows no signs.

Sorry to hear about your sister almost, that must've been so heartbreaking :( especially when you get the treatment expecting it to help.

Smiley - :hugs: bless your neice. Life is very cruel sometimes.

Elmo - Oh my gosh, your poor brother :( I really hope chemo can help him, my neighbour had a tumour at the top of his spine which went into his brain, it was inoperable, after chemo/radiation he is out playing golf again! I really hope this is the case for your brother, it is such an awful disease :hugs:

If we're lucky we will find out the gender on June 22 :D

Hugs to everyone. It must be tough Elmo.

Got to see Skye and she is doing well. Very active. Have my 20 week scan oh the 15th. I cant believe I am 18 weeks tomorrow.

The 2p16.3 is the chromosome deletion. So they r missing a part of chromosome number 2. The deletion is labelled NRXN1. If u google them ull probably get more sense than from me.

Interesting. There is an autism mouse model involving this gene. Hoping your daughter isn't affected.

Big :hugs: to everyone :hugs:

Thanks Elmo, it was me asking about pushchairs. Tried again today with Orla. This time taking the pushchair but trying to get her to walk. But it didn't really work out. October is a long way away though so we shall see what happens!

Hugs to everyone. It must be tough Elmo.

Got to see Skye and she is doing well. Very active. Have my 20 week scan oh the 15th. I cant believe I am 18 weeks tomorrow.

I didn't realize we were due on the same day! I'll be 18w tomorrow also =)

Nikko, what is the autism mouse model?! Not something I've heard of.

Oh blimey Carly!! I'm rubibish, how does it effect u day to day?

Oh elmo, how awful for ur brother and family :-( life really is so cruel sometimes x

Dark, yay for Skye doing well and 18 weeks tomorrow x

Hope the rest of u r ok?

Afm, I won't get started but feeling pretty shitty at the mo. Starting to worry about baby. No reason for really. Just feel like I'm not getting any bigger and kicks r getting no stronger. Maybe they r it's just so gradual that I don't notice?! My bf goes away Sunday for 2 weeks so I'm hoping when she gets back she'll notice a size difference. It's just the anxiety between scans I think but just need that 20 week scan to know she's ok.

OH only found out in the last 2 years that he has the chromosome deletion. It can just occurre during conception which might be what happened when OH was conceived but then he recalls his mum having quite a few mcs between the 5 siblings. Obviously if his mum or dad were a carrier there was 50/50 chance each time it would be passed on. So out of 5 siblings and 2 grandchildren only 1 is affected. I don't know. It's a guessing game unless they all went to be tested. I'm scared of the future is baby has it but I knew this going into the pregnancy. Only time will tell x

Finished work early tonight coz it was dead. Have spoke to them about doing days every other weekend that OH is off work so that should start in a few weeks x

OH bought baby a little sleep suit today. His first purchase. It is a ted baker one and cost £28!!!! Shocking!!! Will probably be her coming home outfit x

Not sure I said the other day but OHs sisters waters broke, she's not quite 34 weeks. She was suppose to be having a section today but I'm guessing it didn't happen coz OH hasn't said anything. Hopefully baby will be ok. My ds2 was born only 5 days later gestation wise and we were home in 3 days so fingers crossed.

Anyway, enough rambling from me. On count down, 2 weeks till scan xz

Sorry, my posts r always so long!!!!

Elmo that is very sad I hope the chemo works miracles does him it's devastating see someone deteriorate. I wasn't even alive when my sister changed so I never knew what she was like before I can't imagine what my parents when through sending your brother many prayers!

Haven't felt baby today very nervous. Anyone else super sweaty when sitting for a while in the bump and between the legs area? I worry its a leak of amniotic fluid but hopefully not!

Ahh you guys.... My boyfriend of 6 years just proposed to me!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->