• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November Nuggets ~ 2016

*skeptical re: Mel, hate to j'accuse! someone but Munchausen / pathological liar alarm bells are ringing loudly, and I won't be engaging after this one remark. Too many inconsistencies. I doubt a premie threat & birth trajectory is handled at such a level of incompetency.*

Anyway, 34+2 today, doing well! Baby and uterus still measuring ahead (the latter 3,5 weeks still) and baby started engaging two weeks ago, so just in case I'm prepping for the little one to come a bit earlier. Baby still has lots of room to swim in my big womb so he or she is making use of it :lol:
We are very far done with the nursery now! Just brought the changing station home and I've got a chair ordered fiiiiinally.
Have to get the GBS test done as I had a UTI a few weeks ago. Wednesday is my next appointment.
Also getting my birthplan sorted, made a few decisions that DH and I both feel very good about!
Not quite losing my mucus plug but I do have more coming out since this week.
Symptoms still OK. Massive heartburn, some pelvic and lower back aches. Occasional hormonal outbursts. Thankful I'm still sleeping well.

We have Pippy's twins now in our group, congrats, can't wait to "meet" our next baby / babies!

Hey hey! Haven't been on here in forever! 35 weeks today. I can make it 5 more weeks... right? Haha! Well I guess I just need to make it 3 weeks. Then I'm on maternity leave and can sit on the couch all day and wait while binge watching Netflix!

Happy 5 weeks Christina! w are close I'll be 5 weeks on Tuesday!

Katie glad you are still sleeping well

Hello,
Hope everyone is well.
I have been getting alot of frequent BH, not painful but intense. Anyone else experiencing the same? I am hoping it means things are heating up and that delivery day will be sooner than later.

Bay I read somewhere that an increase in braxtons means your body is slow gearing up for labour.

Bay I had lightening over a week ago and ever since some intense and more frequent braxton hicks a few dif days I'm a row then they slowed back down but I think it's definitely our bodies preparing! I have my strep b test on Friday I feeling like I haven't been to the obgyn in forever I didn't go last week so glad the appts are going to be weekly from now on which reminds me I'm 35 weeks today omgshhh!

hope all are well I still have a darn cold I could hardly breathe out of my nose yesterday and still pretty congested today having my honey water.

Been fighting a cold too since our son is back in kindergarten... No braxton hicks here yet but the heartburn made a major comeback!

I've also had a tiny comeback with it the yucky throw up burps Oh the joy of pregnancy haha

WTT hope your cold clears up soon I still have mine day 9 and that's being generous I could be feel it comming on days before ughh. hunni your are 32 weeks it's way too early for you haha I'm just as impatient and not even in month 9 yet I'll really start to whine once I hit 36 weeks haha

Thanks :D yeah it's been about two weeks here with this cold - on and off. Our son came home with two different colds in a row, meaning he got better after the first one then got another one ugh! Oh well. It's the weather drastically changing from hot to cold here. Looking at thermal pants for him. So glad we are having another boy so whatever this boy grows out of too fast his brother will be able to wear it :D
Got part of my hospital bag packed so far. Infant car seat is ready to be installed too.

Hope everyone's colds and whatnot goes away as we need all the energy we can get for labor soon! ;)

36 weeks today!

Is anyone else gbs+? I was with my first, 12 years ago & don't remember it be THAT much of a big deal? I get antibiotics while in labor & then they monitor the baby? Is that right?

I don't know if i am yet (test is in about two weeks) but i was gbs+ with my first about 5 yrs ago and all they did was give me antibiotics through an IV during labor every 4 hrs or so. It burned a little going through the veins at first but that is all i remember.

I get tested tomorrow not sure how fast or slow results are but if I don't get them tomorrow it will be Monday the earliest as it will be the weekened.

from what I've read it's no big deal unless you deliver without the antibiotics then it could be very dangerous for baby to get. if your post again they will give you the antibiotics and all should be fine!

WTT hand me downs are great!

I've got lots of used clothes by exchanging ds clothes had to switch up the wardrobe completely although I did save some things from ds and some gender neutral stuff as well.

Haha i bet but it is easier to use boys clothes for a girl than having everything in pink for a boy :haha:

I got my gbs test done a few days ago. Waiting for results... but yeah I was told, if positive, you get an antibiotics drip during labor, meaning a hospital birth with a different OB taking over, in my case anyway. In my country homebirths are encouraged, but I'm opting for a hospital birth anyway. A different OB would take over then as well bc I'm likely getting an epidural.
So if gbs+, that situation wouldn't change for me. Will have to wait and see :)

Had my checkup Wednesday. Uterus still measuring 3,5 wks ahead. So my size is 38,5 weeks and I feel huge. If it continues along that growth curve, my OB isn't concerned, but if it suddenly veers off course I'll get anothergrowth scan. Last growth scan baby was 1,5 wks ahead in a big womb.
BP, baby's position and heart rate all good. Gaining more weight but likely due to fluid retention. I'm dealing with carpal tunnel in both hands (mostly right) due to fluid build-up.

Working on my mural in the nursery now (constellation) and packing the go bag. Most of my birthplan is sorted but again gbs test may change some things there. I'm also in full nesting mode which isn't always easy with feeling big & the carpal tunnel but I'm feeling good about what I get done every day. Not too much, but enough :)

Katie all great news! your mural sounds amazing ide love a picture once it's done :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->