November Rainbow Babies

Klein I bought my CB digi's off eBay. A lot cheaper than in the shops.

They aren't as sensitive as the ICs though so don't do them too early :)

Klein, no symptoms for me, but this'll be the first place I come when I get them! I love remodeling even thought it's a big dust fest. So far we've redone our hideous pink tiled bathroom, and our old kitchen. I love them now. And after my D&C I painted the "would-be" babies room a nice light blue, fit for a boy or a girl.
And lol about your skimpy workout gear! I'm sure those handymen would love to see you in it!

Does everyone have a space designated for baby yet?

I still haven't used my last HPT, I may do it tomorrow to celebrate my 5 wks, I'm sure the line will be nice and dark

Klein, yea tested today but with a normal one and my line is darker still :D testing with digi tomorrow with fmu :) had some cramps and twinges tonight which have scared me a little but I just keep telling myself it's okay and it's just everything stretching out down there lol!! They weren't like AF cramps and I wouldn't call them painful but I they were noticeable. But then I thought if anything was wron I wouldn't of had a dark line this morning do I'm sure everything is fine :) how's everyone doing? Xx

Dahlia - yes we have a little nursery room we shall use. Although not decorated it though - that's on the 'to-do' list

I can't believe you are 5 weeks soon! You will be an Appleseed then :)

The spare room will be #2 room but its not decorated yet... Will wait to get past 20 weeks. They will stay in our room for the 1st 6m though

Klein I bought my CB digi's off eBay. A lot cheaper than in the shops.
They aren't as sensitive as the ICs though so don't do them too early :)
Thanks!

Klein, no symptoms for me, but this'll be the first place I come when I get them! I love remodeling even thought it's a big dust fest. So far we've redone our hideous pink tiled bathroom, and our old kitchen. I love them now. And after my D&C I painted the "would-be" babies room a nice light blue, fit for a boy or a girl.
And lol about your skimpy workout gear! I'm sure those handymen would love to see you in it!

Does everyone have a space designated for baby yet?

I still haven't used my last HPT, I may do it tomorrow to celebrate my 5 wks, I'm sure the line will be nice and dark
Omg I know totally agree about the dust! It's awful. I waited until they told me they were done making a mess, then I cleaned all day Friday. Of course they will still be tracking in and making a mess. It drives me crazy. We have the 'shoes off at the door' rule. It makes me cringe when they walk back and forth with the door wide open! The bathroom looks great though. So it will all be worth it :thumbup:

I don't have a room for the nursery yet?!?! We have a 3 bedroom house and we have 2 kids already. DS is 12 and DD is 6. So they can't exactly share a room, ya know! We enclosed a carport and made it a 'playroom' a few years ago. I'm sure we will wait and feel REALLY comfortable with the pregnancy before we figure out where the baby is going. For now, in my head, DS should be 'moving on up' to the big playroom and baby will go in his old room. That seems to be the most logical at this point.

Klein, yea tested today but with a normal one and my line is darker still :D testing with digi tomorrow with fmu :) had some cramps and twinges tonight which have scared me a little but I just keep telling myself it's okay and it's just everything stretching out down there lol!! They weren't like AF cramps and I wouldn't call them painful but I they were noticeable. But then I thought if anything was wron I wouldn't of had a dark line this morning do I'm sure everything is fine :) how's everyone doing? Xx
Yay for darker line! I remember having those stretching feelings with DD.
Doing good today, it's just making me :wacko: waiting til Wednesday for doc visit. Ugh, time goes by so slowly!

Dahlia - yes we have a little nursery room we shall use. Although not decorated it though - that's on the 'to-do' list

I can't believe you are 5 weeks soon! You will be an Appleseed then :)
Will you wait to decorate when you find out? Or are you doing something neutral?

Pichi, we haven't "decorated" yet either. But I thought I should get the painting out of the way while I wasn't pregnant, because I am the handy-women around this house! DH is the fund-er, and I am the do-er. lol.
It's been a while since DD was an infant, but I believe we kept her in our room until she outgrew the bassinet (so maybe 3 mos?). Then I believe we had her in her crib and I would get up to nurse her. And I will be nursing this one, so I think we'll do the same, but I am thinking about one of those pack n plays to put in next to the bed. It might be less stress on me if I didn't have to leave our bedroom.

Klein, that sounds like the most logical plan for the kids. We have a 3 bedroom as well, so after this we'll be full! We currently use the 3rd bedroom as a playroom. And boy it is full of toys that we will be needing to donate!

Alandsa, I love the fruit tickers. It helps to visualize the size a whole lot better

I know it is mighty early, but I am a planner, and I do think about what things we will need, and what changes around the house we will need to do for baby... does anyone else do this? I just can't help myself. I don't want to jump the gun, because I did that last time... and look what happened. But by nature I like to prepare, so maybe if I keep it strictly in my head, and not buy anything until further along, I'll be okay.

Pichi, we haven't "decorated" yet either. But I thought I should get the painting out of the way while I wasn't pregnant, because I am the handy-women around this house! DH is the fund-er, and I am the do-er. lol.
It's been a while since DD was an infant, but I believe we kept her in our room until she outgrew the bassinet (so maybe 3 mos?). Then I believe we had her in her crib and I would get up to nurse her. And I will be nursing this one, so I think we'll do the same, but I am thinking about one of those pack n plays to put in next to the bed. It might be less stress on me if I didn't have to leave our bedroom.

Klein, that sounds like the most logical plan for the kids. We have a 3 bedroom as well, so after this we'll be full! We currently use the 3rd bedroom as a playroom. And boy it is full of toys that we will be needing to donate!

I know it is mighty early, but I am a planner, and I do think about what things we will need, and what changes around the house we will need to do for baby... does anyone else do this? I just can't help myself. I don't want to jump the gun, because I did that last time... and look what happened. But by nature I like to prepare, so maybe if I keep it strictly in my head, and not buy anything until further along, I'll be okay.

Ahhh me too! I was looking at cribs and bedding online yesterday and was brainstorming how the furniture could be arranged in the room I think would be best for the new baby! We have a four bedroom house and no other kids yet, so we have a choice of a couple rooms but I think I picked the one out.
Alandsa, I love the fruit tickers. It helps to visualize the size a whole lot better Then I started thinking about what stuff I could get now if I find good deals, and then if I could be finding clearance clothes that would fit the baby in November/December!

Ahhh me too! I was looking at cribs and bedding online yesterday and was brainstorming how the furniture could be arranged in the room I think would be best for the new baby! We have a four bedroom house and no other kids yet, so we have a choice of a couple rooms but I think I picked the one out.
Alandsa, I love the fruit tickers. It helps to visualize the size a whole lot better Then I started thinking about what stuff I could get now if I find good deals, and then if I could be finding clearance clothes that would fit the baby in November/December!
oh, i forgot to mention that I did buy some baby onesie sleep sacks today :blush: . Well, I do have two baby showers coming up, one for a friend, and one for my brother and his GF who are having TWINS! But I did get some onesies for our baby too, because I couldn't pass up the deal! Kmart is having a great clearance, where basically every outfit, pajama, or onesie is only $2.79!!! I could not pass that up! They have two clearances every year- one in March (for winter stuff) and I believe the other is after summer. So Virgo, if you have a Kmart, go check it out. And I know by the end of the summer we'll all definitely know our genders (for those who are finding out), so we can get some lovely clothes at that summer clearance for next year! lol.

Alandsa, I forgot to tell you what apps I have...
Pregnancy
BabyCenter My Pregnancy
Sprout lite Pregnancy

and
BabyBump<-- not Baby and Bump
I enjoy looking at the progressive pictures and animations.

wow i gotta check out kmart. if they're getting rid of all their winter stuff, and im due in winter lol. I am superstitious though and i am afraid to buy anything until im further along.

I'm a planner too. I do 'theme' rooms. Hubby and I have pretty much decided on an 'under the sea' nursery. It can be gender neutral.

With this being our 3rd baby (hopefully) I don't want to find out the sex. I could have never done this with the other two kids. Since, we have one of each I think I really want to wait! If for some reason we have more than one we will need to find out what they are to plan a bit better. I hope I can get DH warmed up to the idea :blush:

I'm not a fan of the yellow or green clothes etc. So I think I have came up with a solution to the whole not finding out the sex problem. I will do 2 seperate registeries. One for baby boy and one for baby girl. I will set aside some cash for carseat and anything else I will need immediately after birth. After the birth my SIL or sister will go and pick up whatever those items that I will be needing asap. Then, a week or so after the birth instead of a shower, I'll have meet the baby shower. People will know which registery to get their gifts from.

Since it is my last baby (hopefully) I won't mind doing 2 different registeries! I'm a bit of a control freak and it's too exciting picking it all out!!! :haha:

What do you ladies think of the plan???

Pregnancy
BabyCenter My Pregnancy
Sprout lite Pregnancy

and

Dahlia- I have the pregnancy app and the sprout app, I think the pregnancy one is fab :D x

wow i gotta check out kmart. if they're getting rid of all their winter stuff, and im due in winter lol. I am superstitious though and i am afraid to buy anything until im further along.

I know, I know , I know, it's early and I feel the same way!I just had to buy it though! I can't wait til we all have a baby spree! It will be liberating!
I'm a planner too. I do 'theme' rooms. Hubby and I have pretty much decided on an 'under the sea' nursery. It can be gender neutral.

With this being our 3rd baby (hopefully) I don't want to find out the sex. I could have never done this with the other two kids. Since, we have one of each I think I really want to wait! If for some reason we have more than one we will need to find out what they are to plan a bit better. I hope I can get DH warmed up to the idea :blush:

I'm not a fan of the yellow or green clothes etc. So I think I have came up with a solution to the whole not finding out the sex problem. I will do 2 seperate registeries. One for baby boy and one for baby girl. I will set aside some cash for carseat and anything else I will need immediately after birth. After the birth my SIL or sister will go and pick up whatever those items that I will be needing asap. Then, a week or so after the birth instead of a shower, I'll have meet the baby shower. People will know which registery to get their gifts from.

Since it is my last baby (hopefully) I won't mind doing 2 different registeries! I'm a bit of a control freak and it's too exciting picking it all out!!! :haha:

What do you ladies think of the plan???

I am liking the plan!
I didn't think about having any sort of shower myself since this is my second. Little tidbit: In October when I announced I was expecting, my SIL asked me if I was going to have a shower. And her demeanor was in such a way that I knew she was just being a b**** and hoping that I wasn't because she would have seen it as unfair. When in reality, it's been fricken 5 years since I've had a baby, and it wouldn't be the worst if we did have another shower! But I won't be. However I wouldn't be opposed if someone offered to have one for me :winkwink:- end of tidbit. lol

That's exciting that you aren't finding out the gender! I've always said that if I were rich, I would wait, that way I could just spend and spend when the time came. But since I have to find good deals, there is no way in my mind. I know that the few items you will need after the birth will be few, so you'll be just fine.

Don't like green huh? I do like it, but if it's a girl I'd have to have pink! They just deserve it! hehe. I bought a neutral carseat about 2 months ago, even before I knew I was pregnant. It was on clearance for $66, and once again, I just had to! DH doesn't know! I hid it in the basement! What a sneak I am. lol. See, well we have a carseat and stroller system, but it's nearing it's expiration (6 years max), which is in June, so it wouldn't be suitable for baby in November. We thought we'd be able to use everything for prior but obviously that wasn't the case . How old are DS and DD again?

Pregnancy
BabyCenter My Pregnancy
Sprout lite Pregnancy

and

Dahlia- I have the pregnancy app and the sprout app, I think the pregnancy one is fab :D x

Yes i agree, and sometimes I go ahead a week just to see what baby will be that week, lol

Dahlia-*rant on tidbit-OMG about the SIL. Seriousally, 5 years. Yes, I think you deserve a shower! My son will be 13 in July. My daughter will be 7 next month. (7th grader and 1st grader, so big :( )We have NOTHING for a baby lol. Everyone knows it too. With the age gap and the $$ we forked out with treatments last year friends/family will be excited to give us a shower. I think your friends/family will feel the same. It's one thing if you have kids back to back and they are the same gender. It's understandable when there is a gap in ages like that or even a gender difference. If for some reason a shower is a tough topic for your family, a diaper and wipe shower would be great too! P.s. Your SIL sucks lol. My SIL has 2 boys, 10 & 5 and we had no issue with giving her a shower. It was a no brainer!

I do like green, but if I had a shower and people didn't know what to get for clothes I figure that would be alot of yellow and green, no frills kinda just blah clothes. Then when it gets here I will have to go on a shopping spree for COLOR!!!

That's awesome about the carseat sale!!! I really thought I would NEVER see another positive pregnancy test. I never even thought of looking for one on sale. That's great! Sneaky and great!

Which app is the pregnancy one? There are a few and I'm not sure who that one is by, any clue??

Pregnancy app by Smiles Factory Ltd.

It's great your fam has really pulled together for you, and I can def see how you need another shower! Maybe we'll do a diaper and wipe sorta thing because that sounds great!

Alandsa - they did one for me and worked out I was 5 weeks 2 days so invited me back after two weeks which was will be the 19th! I think it is better to wait, as it just panics you when you don't see much even though logically you know its too early!

Pregnancy app by Smiles Factory Ltd.

It's great your fam has really pulled together for you, and I can def see how you need another shower! Maybe we'll do a diaper and wipe sorta thing because that sounds great!

dahlia--what day did you ovulate? I'm thinking I'm actually one day behind you and with the leap year, may be due Nov. 13. I think I ovulated on Feb. 20, LMP Feb. 7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->