November Rainbow Babies

Klein - yeah we shall probably wait til we know the sex before decorating. As we will enjoy making it a boy or a girls room :) sounds like you have some good options for moving your LOs about to different rooms :) sure DS will enjoy moving up to the big room, things like that are exciting when you're a kid aren't they. Also, I don't think there is anything wrong in you having another baby shower :) I don't think we normally have them in the UK?? People who come to visit tend to buy something for you as a gift I think but then I only have one friend / family member who has had a baby in my adult life! Lol see why I have no clue about babies hehe!

That's great news about your scan. Did you get any photo? Or is it too early? That's great that you get weekly U/S! That's a good way to look at it, I had no pain with my MC too so presuming pain now is something unrelated, or perhaps because everything is stretching :)

Dahlia - I'm hardly even able to imagine what having a baby will be like to know what we need lol I have got some learning to do lol. That's nice that you keep them in with you at first :) aww that's so cute buying the onesies, they look so cute and snuggly in those :) I think I shall wait til after the 12 week scan and go on a little shopping trip to celebrate :)

Ooh not heard of some of those apps. I love looking at the progression pics. I have a few apps now
Baby centre 'my pregnancy' and 'Pregnancy' are my two faves
I love to go ahead to the next weeks too lol

I had some sharp pains yesterday too, but they went very quickly. Did you call up about yours? Our EPAU don't like to see you until you are at least 6 weeks Si I'm just going to sit back and wait (and keep POAS though lol!)

Spellel - glad you have had your dates confirmed :) yes it must be anxiety provoking even when you know you aren't going to see much then. If we can't get a reassurance scan then we shall book in for a private one :)

Baby dust - yey for 2-3 weeks. I just got mine today too. Feel so happy as I never saw this with my MC so has made me feel much happier. Having less symptoms than with my MC though. But telling myself that's okay :) although dark nipples are happening already! nd the wierdest dreams and such restless sleep too!

Pichie - yes don't worry :hugs: still early days for symptoms for us all. Do you make noted on your pregnancy symptoms with your LO. I wonder if they are different or the same?

Beccy - welcome to the thread. I'm so sorry for your loss. Hoping this is a sticky bean this time for all of us :)

Stinkerbell - welcome to the thread :)

AFM - I finally seeing new things i havent experienced with my MC pregnancy - i got my 2-3 weeks :yipee:
13dpo (3+6)
https://www.babyandbump.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=352289&d=1331627241

Hi girls :)

Si I need a bit of advice. I went for my beta yesterday at 14 dpo, and it was 141 (was 25 at 10 dpo) so it look pretty good so far. But I have these weird and sometimes kinda painful sharp/stretching pain in my lower abdomen, and some back pain. I'm obviously worried about another MC, but I never had this kind of pain with my MC, so maybe it's just my body working hard for my little bean. Any of you experienced this kind of pain before?

I still have a bit of a back "ache," but I wouldn't say it's painful. No shooting pain or anything in my back. However, I mentioned earlier that I was having some shooting pains in my abdomen, I never did call the doc because I guess I just don't want to! I am also feeling pressure today.

For my miscarriage, I didn't know that I had miscarried until 3 weeks later. But looking back, I was feeling weird pains during my sleep, but I actually just thought it was all part of my dream. But now I believe that I was having real pain during that time.

If you are worried, call your doc. But I have a feeling it's just your bean hard at work like you said!

Alandsa, love your 2-3 weeks!

It's funny how some don't know much about babies but they want one so much! It's all apart of that instinct of ours. And when you are holding your little one so much of being a mother comes naturally, that you will just feel whole : ) Do you have any classes available to take while pregnant that will teach you about the basics? For my first I took a childbirth class, but didn't take a baby care class. But you might consider something like that

Yes I will be going to an antenatal class and reading lots of books. I know a fair bit about children's development and behaviour but just need the hands on experience of all the practical stuff. I'm sure that with my own little one in my arms I will learn what is needed :)

My cousin has a new little baby and she is going to show me the ropes with hers too! Excited! It's the first in my friends / family :)

Yes I've heard you mention her before. I'm sure you will catch right on : )

The mother of the baby that I sit for had never had any experience with babies, or newborns before. She is an elementary teacher, but was never around little little kids. She sort of freaked out in the beginning when her boy was just born, and even now sometimes, but her husband was very used to kids (as he had younger siblings and cousins) so he was able to calm her and walk her through some of her worries.

The fact that I am watching a young baby got me back in the groove of things. Since DD is almost 5 I was feeling a bit rusty, but as soon as I watched him for one day I got the hang of it again. Now I just want my own little one!

Aww yes I remember you saying you babysit. That must be lovely :) sounds like everything just came back to you like natural :)

Yeah I imagine it might be a bit of a freak out at first when we have our baby. Knowing that it is all ours and we are taking it home in our care. for some reason I don't feel too worried about that now but I imagine I will nearer the time lol

Weirdly (although a pup is not the same as having a baby) i think us having a little pup gave us some insight into how to work together as a unit to look after our pup, especially with the constant toileting, sleepless nights and behaviour training that it involves, it was like a little taster of having a new born and helped us to know that we work well together under stress and that we loved having our little family :) so I can't imagine how wonderful it will be with a little baby. It's going to be like nothing we have ever experienced before :)

Alandsa-Wow, I think we, American girls, need to school the UK on baby shower etiquette lol. I bet the trend would catch on quick :) This will be your first real experiences with your own baby?? That will be lovely, so exciting!!! You'll have all the baby things figured out in pleanty of time. I did get a photo but I don't know how to post it since I can't send it to my email.

Anyone know how to post a pic if you don't have an email? Mine has been hacked and I can't get on it anymore :(

could you save your pic to your computer? if you did that, then when you want to post it you "Go advanced" then click the paperclip at the menu bar and browse to find your file, upload it, then post your post

Bloodwork Results-
HCG-17,657.5 (does that seem high to you??)
Iron a bit low- got to take iron pills
Progesterone went down 2 pts, they told me to up my dosage to twice daily

TMI ALERT- I have had the worst gas today. I mean hurting and so so bloated. I literally had to go to the truck and assume awkward positions in the truck during DS baseball practice. I thought I was going to explode! I feel some better but it came out of nowhere and it's awful. :(

Bloodwork Results-
HCG-17,657.5 (does that seem high to you??)
Iron a bit low- got to take iron pills
Progesterone went down 2 pts, they told me to up my dosage to twice daily

TMI ALERT- I have had the worst gas today. I mean hurting and so so bloated. I literally had to go to the truck and assume awkward positions in the truck during DS baseball practice. I thought I was going to explode! I feel some better but it came out of nowhere and it's awful. :(

That does sound high... but there's nothing wrong with being high. Now I know you're thinking twins :haha: lol

And good that they pinpointed your prog levels to help you out there. I had some bad gas pains yesterday but only for a minute, not the cramping kind, but the kind that has that really bad pain. It reminded me of the pain I had after my D&C- I had really bad gas pains for about 4 days because of the trapped air form them doing the procedure. Glad it's gone and I hope it doesn't come back for you

That does sound high... but there's nothing wrong with being high. Now I know you're thinking twins :haha: lol

And good that they pinpointed your prog levels to help you out there. I had some bad gas pains yesterday but only for a minute, not the cramping kind, but the kind that has that really bad pain. It reminded me of the pain I had after my D&C- I had really bad gas pains for about 4 days because of the trapped air form them doing the procedure. Glad it's gone and I hope it doesn't come back for you

OMG yes, mine felt like when I had my lapo surgery and they pumped me full of air! It has just lingered and lingered though. I am glad its letting up a bit now :) Thanks!

Hey guys hows things? I'm totally freaking out at the moment.. Lower back ache like I've never felt before, and I feel very sore across my bikini line, feel like I've done loads of sit ups. I hope to god its all normal cause I'm not having a good day, finding hard to be excited right now cause I just feel like I have to prepare for the worst :( x

Oh I'm sorry you're having a crappy day Babydust, to tell you the truth I am as well. I think that situp feeling is normal. Did you do anything different today that could have caused the backache?

Hey girls, my SIL told me when she was pregnant with her first she had stomach pains so terribly bad. She called the doc and they told her to go to the ER and have an u/s she was about 6 weeks. She swore she was hurting so bad she didn't think she could still be pregnant. Anyways, they saw a heartbeat and now I have a 10 year old perfect nephew. I know its concerning but pain doesn't always mean bad girls. Keep faith!

Hey guys hows things? I'm totally freaking out at the moment.. Lower back ache like I've never felt before, and I feel very sore across my bikini line, feel like I've done loads of sit ups. I hope to god its all normal cause I'm not having a good day, finding hard to be excited right now cause I just feel like I have to prepare for the worst :( x

So sorry your going through this. Just wanted to give you a personal :hugs:

Oh I'm sorry you're having a crappy day Babydust, to tell you the truth I am as well. I think that situp feeling is normal. Did you do anything different today that could have caused the backache?

Sorry your having a bad day too Dahlia. I really hope we will all be able and relax at some point. Everytime I wipe I am expecting to see spotting :( Every stomach pain I am over analayzing it. With all labwork I am googleing it. It stinks! I envy those chicks on tv that 'didn't know they were pregnant' man to be that dang carefree!

Thanks kleinfor3 :)
Dahlia I hate crappy days :( nope I haven't done anything different, I'm just thinking it could be pregnancy, everything starting to stretch out, surely it has an effect on your back? It was terrible last night, at quarter past 4 in the morning I was lay across OH's legs on the bed in tears with him rubbing my back bless him lol. I've got my early scan 2 weeks today, hopefully I'll see that all is ok and I'll see a little heartbeat, that's my second milestone :) and then I can't wait to get out of the dreaded first tri!!! X

Morning Ladies! Wishing everyone a beautifuly blessed day :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->