• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

November Rainbow Babies

Klein you crafty thing you!! Good work on the door hanger!!

Blakesmom-I wish I could take the credit for the door hanger! I ordered it off of etsy lol. She did an amazing job on it though. I love it! I told her the colors and she went out and bought all the ribbon. She even sent me pics to my cell phone for approval. Outside of pictures there's not a creative bone in my body lol!!!

Dahlia seems pretty crafty though! Bet she could make them. I paid $58.00 for it!
After we leave the hospital I put it up on the nursery door for about a year. If its a girl it will serve as a bow holder too so that's an added bonus!!!

Let me just take a minute to say that I am one proud mommy! DD's gymnastic meet was a huge success. This was her first time to compete at anything. She had literally been worrying herself sick over it since Monday of this week. Everyday before school she was dreading being one day closer to Saturday. Having said all of that...here are her placings.
Bars-1st place
Beam-1st place
Floor-2nd place
Vault-2nd place
Over All-1st place!!!!!
She did an amazing job and obviously I couldn't be prouder! YAY FOR PARRIS--MY LITTLE GYMNAST!

Dahlia - I agree that signing up to contribute this late in your pregnancy may be a bit too stressful. I'm sure you will be able to do it later on :)

Klein - How sweet is that your Daughter is excited for the new baby <3 and glad to know that your son is helpful too :).
Absolutely loved the door hanger!!
Congrats on your daughter's performance!! I can only imagine how proud you feel <3

Thank you all for your advice on the hair dye :) I must confess that after thinking a bit I decided to do it, I was feeling really down and ugly because of my awful roots in part, so i figured a sad mommy may be more harmful for my LO than the hair dye so i went for it :p
Also I had my pregnancy pics taken today... it was really sunny and I took my dog that is a fatty lol so I was sweating like a pig before we started, some ants bite my toes and we walked around taking pics for 3 hours, I hope she's got some serious photoshop skills or it won'r be pretty :p She took pics with my dog-pig too <3

Today I learned to love my bump, I mean I adore my LO but my bump umm I always dreamed of a nice round tight bump, being the size that I am I should have known that wasn't very likely to happen, but today the photograper showed me one of the pics she took and I said to myself: umm when I sit my bump looks like a hamburguer :) it is different than all the other bumps but is only mine, and it will be gone so soon :( my son lives there <3

I guess I will enjoy my new found bump love while it lasts, oh! I will get the pics on Tuesday or so :D yayy!!

Klein--You could have TOTALLY taken credit for the door hanger we would have never known LOL. Congrats to Parris on her great gymnast skills.

Cata--can't wait until Tuesday-ish for seeing your pics. I'm glad you did your roots--I think you are right. I happy momma is much better for little one. I didn't miss my bump with Blake--I was actually surprised by how quick it went down. But boy did I miss feeling those kicks. I swear I would feel phantom kicks after he was born.

FINALLY tomorrow is the day we are getting Blake's new room ready. I had a "deadline" of this weekend so he could have some time to adjust before we start working on the nursery. I want to have that ready by the end of Oct. at which point then baby will be more than welcome to come at any time LOL I will try to post a pic when we get done tomorrow with the new "big boy" room.

wtf. I wasn't getting my email alerts for this thread. ugh. Well, what a nice surprise to have some catching up to do : ) I'm watching drama called "Call the Midwife" on PBS and it's a great show so far. Pretty intense in terms of situations, and how things were in the 1950's-London.

Klein- beautiful wall hanger. Love the names. It's so nice to have things like that for baby! It's funny, I made a door hanger for baby a few weeks back. It's basically a wooden plaque with a teddy shaped picture frame. I painted the name, and will save the birth date to paint on for later. It's pretty plain right now; I will add some details when baby comes. Having it be used as a bow hanger is a good idea.. hmm... maybe I'll add some strands of bow to the bottom if it.

Yup, I think of all the hypothetical situations with time as well :wacko: Ha. We'll find a schedule, and when we do, we can make more plans! : )
I think it's harder for boys to be excited about a new baby than a girl. Girls just have that instinct. It's great you'll have a built in babysitter though!
That's great DD is in gymnastics. It's a great sport. I'm proud of her for you!:happydance: Awesome. I would love to get our DD in gymnastics, but finances do not permit. I took gymnastics when I was young and in the future I will have her do it too. But for now we chose Daisy Scouts.

Oh Cata, you always make me laugh! I'm sure your photos turned out beautiful! I think it's so nice you took your lil doggy. After all, he is your family! And yes, your bump is yours! It's your baby's house and has been so good to him, so em brace it for all it is.

Blakes- I think I had some phantom kicks after DD was born, too. I like my bump. But today I went to the mall by myself and saw myself in the mirror, and boy, is my bump large and in charge now! I didn't like how one of the customer's in Victoria's Secret looked at me though. idk what her deal was. On the plus side- I got two free pairs of underwear with my coupon :happydance:
I will be awaiting yours and Cata's pics!

And speaking of- I wanted to share a pic of my niece. I took the pics with my camera, and did some amateurishly "serious" editing, but they turned out really well. We used my mom's giant wooden bowl to put baby in, and a scarf of her mother's for some color.

Oh- I have the worst time breathing now. I don't sound like a hog or anything, but it seems like when I lay down it's actually harder for me to breath. And when I am sitting right now, it's pretty uncomfortable in my lung area. When baby drops hopefully that will go away. But then I'll be peeing twice as much at night. Right now I'm at every 2 hours!:blush:

Attachments

• Viv-187-2.jpg
    Viv-187-2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 7
Didn't get it all done, but DH thinks we should be able to finish it up and have Blake even sleep in there tomorrow night--we will see. Here is a sneak peek!!

Attachments

• DSC_0265.jpg
    DSC_0265.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0266.jpg
    DSC_0266.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 5
Blake is going to love it! It's hard enough to paint a wall one color, and you did three! Great work!

Cata-So glad you decided to do a pick me up and have your hair done. Its easy to get in a rut feeling when pregnant. Its nice to do something for yourself to make you feel 'pretty'. Can't wait to see your pics too :) I know your excited!

Blakes-Love the room so far. I'm sure he will love his big boy room!

Dahlia-
The picture frame idea is great for a door hanger too! The more functional they are the better if you ask me!
Love the pic of your niece! Very cute :) Breathing isn't easy for me either. I was doing some reading...I was looking forward for my bump to drop...and I read that for second and third time moms our baby may not drop until in labor!!! It has something to do with the fact that our uterus is shaped like an apple and the head just sort of floats around the bottom instead of engaging like first time pregnancies. I was sort of bummed out. I was hoping for a drop to breath easier and to think...ok something is happening or will be soon! So then once I started thinking about it I couldn't remember dropping with DD but I for sure could with DS so maybe that's true. Since its my 3rd no telling what shape my uterus is---probably like a beach ball by now!!! Not getting my hopes up for a drop lol! Sorta stinks if you ask me!

Baby shower was good. We had about 50 RSVP and only 20 showed up. I had lots of calls and texts yesterday with people saying they couldn't make it. I totally understand and if they wouldn't of gave me a heads up I would of really been let down about it. So I was glad they let me know. We got mostly gift cards and diapers which is GREAT! We have GOT to get the remaining things now...its crunch time!!! It's starting to sink in lol.

Still have some finishing touches to do on the room, but here are a few pic and my Belly pic from the weekend too! I bought 2 different curtains to see which I liked better, we're going with the green ones and not sure what the heck Blake is wearing--we don't normally mix Polo shirts with athletic shorts LOL

Attachments

• DSC_0273.jpg
    DSC_0273.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0277.jpg
    DSC_0277.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_0278.jpg
    DSC_0278.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0272.jpg
    DSC_0272.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 4
aww blakesmom the room looks great! and blakes outfit reminds me of some of the things kenneth would pick out to wear lol. NBD. And your belly pic looks awesome as well you look good!:thumbup: Got my doc appt today and i've got a horrible allergy attack that came on. must be the ragweed. Havent taken anything i'll see what the doc says i can take.

Dancing-Hope you get something to feel better. Everyone who has allergies are usually having trouble this time of year. DH's has been acting up for a while now. Maybe they will settle down soon!

Blakes-YAY! Room looks amazing! Blake looks like he loves it too! Too funny about his clothing choice. Usually when my kids come home in the afternoon they put their pj's or close to it on..we like being comfortable lol. Looks like he went for a dressier casual look lol. Love the new bump pic. You'll have to post one from start to end so we can see the progression!

Nothing new with me today. Just taking it easy :)

Blakes- I def like the green curtains better : ) Blake's looking excited! I am loving the comforter too! Hey, I like the polo with the sports pants look... on kids : )
Belly is looking good!
Question- did your doctor mention anything about labor happening early again this time?

Dancing-Sorry about those allergies. I was having a terrible time breathing in my nose at night 2 weeks ago, but it cleared in a few days. 'Tis the season! Have fun at the docs. Will you see what position baby is in?

Klein- Well we'll see if we drop or not. Only time will tell. It would be nice though.
Gift cards and diapers are perfect! It will be so fun to go to the baby store and have some gift cards to blow on everything you still need! What are some of the bigger/must have things you still need?

I spent a few minutes yesterday trying to put up pics of the coming home outfit choices, only to be responded with "file size is too large." Ha, so I am trying again right now.
1) "Newborn" sized outfit. I hope she'll be small enough for it
2) 0-3 Size outfit, in case she's a lil bigger
3) Sleepers she can wear in hospital, or go home in if nothing else fits (gotta have options! :haha:)
4) Pink Hairband for hospital pics. Slippers were what I gave to DH when we first found out I was pregnant with MMC baby. Now using them for Rainbow baby, of course!
5) Belly pic form yesterday morning. Should have taken it later in the day to show true size though :haha: because we all know our bellies are bigger in the evening!

We went to the firehouse for DD's field trip today. It brought back fond memories of when I was a child (my dad was a firefighter). Unfortunately, I do not speak to him anymore and couldn't even express that to DD since she's too young to know the whole story.

*edit- I forgot to b**** about the stretch marks I discovered this morning! -- On both sides of my hips/love handle area. I had been applying lotion every night and nearly every morning, and I really didn't think I'd get any b/c I didn't with DD. But being 6 years older than I was last time probably has something to do with it : /
Will they go away/fade later on, anyone know? They aren't terribly big, but who knows what will happen in the next 6 weeks and how many more can appear! ah!

Attachments

• photo(8).jpg
    photo(8).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 6
  • photo(12).jpg
    photo(12).jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 5
  • photo(9).jpg
    photo(9).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 4
  • photo(10).jpg
    photo(10).jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 4
  • photo(11).jpg
    photo(11).jpg
    32 KB · Views: 4
Klein that is what Blake did--changed into comfy shorts but kept his "school" (daycare) shirt on--such a goof!! I'm hoping I will be savy enough to put together a layout with all the bump pics to show the progression. I announced on facebook with a 1-4 month 4 pic layout--we'll see if I can do it again.

Dahlia--they said I could be more prone to preeclampsia again since I had it last time--but it wasn't a give and they were hopeful in the beginning that I could go full term--now with the GD not sure how I will do if I can't keep levels under control. TBH I wouldn't mind being induced a few weeks early again :blush: Love the outfits you have picked out!! Do you have the rest of your hospital bag packed??

Blakes-I have just some of my hospital bag packed. Nursing bras, nursing cover, a jogging suit to come home in, and toiletries. DD told me she wants to pack her "grandma's house" bag, but I told her she had to wait until a little bit before I'm due. Well I hope you don't happen to get pre-e like last time! It would be exciting to have baby early though!

And here I go about to complain again... I had the worst feeling in my lungs last night. It felt like a had some rocks literally sitting on top of my them. Very hard to breath. I think most of the time I slept on my left side and still felt crushed and restricted, but when I would switch over to my right, it was that crushing feeling all over again. Ugh. And I am still feeling it right now. I don't know what baby is doing in there, or why all of a sudden it's gotten bad. If I have to deal with this daily now, I'm going to go crazy

I'm sorry about the feeling in your lungs dahlia :( thatmust be so uncomfortable. If it makes you feel any better i've been sneezing my head off and dealing with a faucet nose since yesterday. must be the ragweed. I woke up this morning and couldn't open my left eye. it was stuck closed from mucus crap and was all red and swollen from this allergy. i thought i had pinkeye. So i put an icepack on it and gt visine for allergies. it helped alot.

Had my checkup yesterday. Everything was good. Measured 33cm which is alittle small but they arent concerned. Also had my stitches out this morning and everything looks good. still have to have these little sticky strips on it for extra support for as long as i like. But I'm just glad to have it all taken care of. My mom's flying in on friday and staying until tuesday. Can't wait to see her. And babyshower on Sunday. Don't know how many will show up but looking forward to hanging out with those that do.

Dancing-So sorry your so ill! My eye does that every now and then...its awful. I wear contacts so I have to be blind out of one eye or half see out of glasses. Glad you got your stiches out. Hope you have a great shower!!!

Dahlia-Love the outfits!!! Too cute and girlie :) I've been having trouble with breathing as well. I can't really lay on my sides or my back. I can't sit up straight and have trouble driving in the car too. I have to lay my seat back a bit to get relief. I don't ever remember having this with other pregnancies...maybe its bc I'm bigger this time or older and more easy to complain about everything! So sorry about the stretch marks too. What color are they now? Do they look 'thick' or 'thin' lines? My 'old' stretch marks are white/gray color now. They tan easliy and are on my hips/love handle areas. I got some of them when I was a teen and started filling out. Others I got all over my boobs with every pregnancy.

Speaking of boobs lol...So since I've had a lift and implants (7 years ago) I'm curios to see if I'll be able to BF at all. (I want to do BF & formula for the first 3 months then just formula.) Anyway...So my boobs have felt 'hotter' than normal. With it being my 3rd baby I figured I may have leaking boobs by now etc. I curiously squeezed the right nipple and a bit of watery stuff came out. I did the same to my left and nothing yet. I really didn't put too much effort into the quick check but I was thinking it would be so WEIRD to have milk just in one boob. OMG one would be huge and the other not?!?! Is that even possible??? EW I've just grossed myself out. One engorged and one not!

Anyone had tons of increased movement??? Today this kid is killing my insides. It's been like one huge party all day long. The baby has never been this active! My cervix is killing me as I can feel it's tiny hands scraping. The right side of my ribs is rolling bc baby is kicking that side and it's butt is constantly moving bc it's pushing off of my ribs! I told the baby earlier today...look, you want more space??! Go to the light at te end of the tunnel bc I'm stretched to the max!!! Do you think it's really getting cramped and mad in there or what's the deal? I didn't eat anything abnormal or anything. Honestly I would say it's movement today is 75% more than it's normal daily movement! Reassuring to feel the lo so much but dang...be easy on old mom. We gotta be roomates for a bit longer lol! Anyone else have more movement these days?

Last week I told my co-worker a few times it felt like an earth quake in there--These little ones are getting stronger by the day now!!

Dancing, aw that must be miserable. I've noticed since being pregnant that sensitivity of allergies has increased. So hopefully next year you won't have the same problem. With it being that bad though have you checked if you could take anything for it?
I'm sure you're fine being 1 cm off. I'll bet you're eagerly awaiting your mother's arrival. It should be a nice reunion.

Klein- yeah, I never had this with breathing with DD. I'm thinking it's b/c I've gained more weight this time around : / but I have a feeling I'm carrying a lot of fluid, which might be a contributing factor to the weight. However, update... the breathing last night wasn't nearly as bad as it was the night before. So I'm thinking that baby changed positions (but she better still be head down!) and gave me a break. I wouldn't be surprised if the crushed rocks feeling came back full in the future, but I was thankful to be more comfortable last night
As for the stretch marks, one is actually a dime sized circle, that is light red/pink. The other ones I have a on the smaller side, pretty light pink so far.
omg hot boobs! Mine have been warm as well. I have not tried to squeeze anything out, and no leaking either. Apparently it's of no constellation whether you can BF or not if you have no leakage. But I'm sure that since you're seeing some leakage that it's a good possibility your boobs are in working order. I hope both boobies work for you. I've never heard of only one boob working though. lol

I was wondering what that feeling on my cervix was. It's always so odd when I feel it. I would agree that baby has been moving a lot more. I've tried to record some movement with my phone, but every time I get out my phone she always ceases. lol. Silly girl. It sure is fun to watch though. The other night I had DH feel just below my ribs where I think baby's knee was situated. We would both feel it and were amazed.

Dahlia-I thought I would comment on the weight situation. That last belly pic looked amazing. I still don't see how you've gained that much weight. You look great. I'm sure it will fall right off after you have your baby. Your right, it could be just lots more fluid this go round. That's what I'm hoping mine is...fluid, placenta and BABY lol.
Glad you were able to sleep better last night. I slept pretty good last night as well.

Blakesmom-Yes, mine LO is much stronger. I feel like its movements are 'bigger' and 'stronger' than my previous children...sort of makes me think it will be a bigger baby bc of that.

I googled the increased in fetal movement around 34 weeks and I'm not alone which is good. After hearing all of the people say you'll have decrease in movement it had me worried about the increase in movement. I'm just going to chalk it up to being its daddy's baby and it's big and running out of room.

I hope our boobs don't start leaking until our LO's arrive lol. Its so annoying. I can still remember when my milk came in for the first time and I noticed it. After I had a nice relaxing shower and was drying off I look in the mirror and I have milk streaming down to my belly buttons...so much for the shower lol. Oh the joys of motherhood!

Great news on the homefront. DH will not be having to work nights for the upcoming outage after all. One of his lovely coworkers told him he would swap with him since we will have a newborn! I want to meet and give this guy a big hug!!! He'll still be working 12hour days 6 days a week and its an hour drive to work and an hour drive back but atleast he can see the kids on this schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->