November Rainbow Babies

AFM--Did my maternity pics yesterday--Haven't seen any of the pics yet, but she is normally great about posting a "sneak peek" soon--I will share ASAP. DH also took my "8" bump picture--will upload that to share too!!

update for me...we survived hurricane/tropical storm sandy and didnt lose power or cable! and no trees fell on our house. YAY! we didnt get it as bad as NJ but we still got quite a storm. I had this vision of going into labor right in the worst of it lol. I figured since her name is Katrina she'd want to make her big debut during a hurricane but nope. Still no signs. Hopefully my appt tomorrow will show some kind of improvement such as dialation or effacement. Anyway at work we're dressing in costume for halloween and i found/made the perfect costume and it only cost me 12 bucks! I will post a pic tomorrow when i put it on lol.
Blakes- I understand about the swelling. My ankles swell alot because both my jobs are on my feet and they only swell after ive been on them working. I get the really big sock indentations too. Doc says its normal if it goes down during the night after putting them up so im not worried. In fact my new nickname at work is "Cankles" hahaha:haha:
now time for some:coffee:

Had a huge long post typed and computer erased it!!! Omg so frustrating. Anyway. I just left a message for MY doctor begging for an induction next week. Will repost all of my lovely things I typed after I hear from dr office. Omg time to pray.

Well, my dr called back. He said he would have to see me. That my cervix wasn't favorable as of yesterday. The nurse said he could see me tomorrow or Monday. I really don't think anything has changed in 48 hrs and it would be a waste of my time to make the drive there again tomorrow. SO...I made the appointment for Monday. I did ask if I was favorable Monday if he would be able to induce the same week and she said yes. I had in my mind it would be a week or so out due to scheduling. So that gives me hope that it still may be next week. At this point I need to hold on to some hope. [-o<

Dancing-So glad you didn't have any storm issues. From the pics etc I've been seeing online it looks really bad in some places! Good luck at your appointment tomorrow and can't wait to see your costume!

Blakesmom-Can't wait to see your maternity pics. I loveeee maternity pics. I know your super excited! The swelling sounds pretty bad. The weather just got cold here so I wore socks for the first time yesterday. I noticed the crease line after I took them off. My MIL also said my face looked swollen as well. Great :dohh:

Dahlia-That really stinks about the oxygen. I guess its precautionary. Hopefully you won't be needing to do all of that. More motivation to go all natural

Aw Klein- I'm sorry about all your emotions and the docs office. When it comes down to these last days, we pregnant ladies have some expectations, and sometimes those expectations don't get honored. They might tell you at your 39 week appt to head to the hospital the next day or so.... But I do like Blake's offerings for self-inducement. Or maybe try that accupuncture.

Feeling depressed is certainly something you want to avoid, maybe just surrender yourself until that 39 weeks appointment so it's not laying so heavily on you. I was depressed in mid school/high school for about 2 years. I got over it and have been good ever since, but I wanted you to know that I can relate. I was good after DD was born, even though I did get scared that I would be someone who would get the baby blues. And I have thought about the probability of getting the baby blues with this one, but I try to ignore it for now.

Well I just read your latest post, so that's good news then! Hopefully you'll be favorable by then. You know, it could happen that if they tried to induce too early with pitocin and you weren't favorable, then you would end up needing a section. So it's better to wait to see what your body does before then : )
*And oh gosh, I hate when I accidentally mess up the screen and everything gets erased. Sometimes before I'm done typing I'll highlight what I wrote and "copy" it so if I mess up it's not completely gone.

Blakes- Well, yeah, I will hold out as long as possible, but haven't ruled out my epidural. I rememeber after DD's birth I told myself if I ever had another child that I would get the epi sooner, since it was just so much more calm after I did. But what the heck, I'm going to give it another honest try of not getting one lol.

The foot soak felt good, but the water wasn't actually at ankle level, but I'm not sure if that mattered at all. It was just below my ankle. They weren't super swollen to begin with, but I think it helped bring them down a bit. Make sure the water is nice and hot, because you won't want to get up for a while after putting your feet in : ) Mine are always back to normal by morning.

Thanks for the info on the shot. I may give my primary doc a call to get one.

Can't wait to see your pics either!

Dancing- Our power went out lat night at 8 pm, and returned at 2 am (Thank God). I know it's because of all the winds from Sandy. The weather has been drizzly and windy the past two days.
I'm glad you're holding down the fort over there in Maryland. That is funny about you connecting her name with the hurricane ; ) At least the hospital would have power lol.

CATA- HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND NATHAN. YOUR FRIENDS HERE MISS YOU : )

I posted this pic in the bump section yesterday. I am loving instagram
Baby is super active today. I'm feeling pokes all the time

Attachments

• photo(9).jpg
    photo(9).jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 4
Will anyone listen to music while at the hospital/ in labor? I just read a thread and someone said Enya. She does have relaxing music. I think I'm gonna load some onto my iPhone just in case : ) I didn't care last time, but maybe for those of us waiting out the epidural it would be a good option

Hi Girls!!

Logging in to update quickly :)

Got admitted tothe hospital on the 25th but didn´t get the csection because i had a bad bad cold and the docor explained it was too risky to operate like that.

27th morning I was feeling very Ill and the shift octor decided to perform the csection that day!! it was a nightmare... I could not breathe and since the start of the csection until the end ( it lasted 1 hour) I was sure I was about to faint because of the lack of oxygen :cry: Then they kept me at the recovery salon for 5 hours bcause there wasnt roo in maternity and finally at around 5 pm they sent me there and gave me my baby!! I could barely move but as soon as I saw him every pain disappeared!:happydance: for a while at least LOL

Havent slept at all since Saturday as he never seemed to be full and was crying all the time.... well today I had to buy formula, apparently my milk supply is really low :cry: and thank God he is finally asleep :thumbup: I cried a lot today because I really feel like I have no idea of what to do and he seemed so hungry:cry: all of this is so overwhelming :cry:

Oh! heres a pic :) he was 4120grs and 53 cm long

Attachments

• 21753_10151248556402847_561228858_n.jpg
    21753_10151248556402847_561228858_n.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 7
Wow Cata! Beautiful lil boy! And look at all that hair! I did the conversion and 9 lbs wasn't that big. You are such a champ! Being sick and getting a c-sec sounded like hell, but as you said, you can forget all that once you see your LO. :cloud9:

So were you trying to BF? My only tip (if you want to continue the boob) is to feed every 2 hours or whenever he gets fussy (however often that may be). Your milk supply should come in by the 3rd (today)-5th day. So give it another chance if you'd like

It is relief though once you know they are content.

Thanks for taking the time to check in. I know you must be exhausted :hugs: and :flower: for a healthy recovery. I'm glad Nathan is nice and healthy : ) :happydance:

Attachments

• breastfeeding.jpg
    breastfeeding.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 13
Dancing glad to hear you survived the hurricane--scary stuff!! I must say I'm glad to be a West Coast girl (ok we're inland, but the coast isn't too far away)

Klein I hope your labor picks up sooner than Monday--but at least you have that appointment just in case!!

Dahlia--beautiful bump pic!! Instagram is only on smart phones is that right?! I don't think I will do music. I remember being in labor with Blake and DH watching the history channel--when things started getting more "active" I freaked out about hating history and made them turn the tv off---Enya is nice--that would be a good choice!

Cata congrats on little man being here!! So much hair--did you say you had heartburn?? Probably just an old wives tale, but I know a few gals that have had it and had babes with a head full of hair--just wondering if the theory holds true for you?? Can't wait to see him dressed in his costume for Halloween tomorrow!

Had my non stress test today--little man passed it in the first 5 minutes--which is good because then he fell asleep and wasn't active at all. They are still freaking out about the ketones in my urine--stupid GD is such a pain. Will mention it to the nutritionist when I e-mail her tomorrow. She went back on everything she had previously said when I heard back from her last week--wanting my total carbs @ 170 when she previous said between 120-150 would be fine. I've gotten much bolder this week with my carb intake but haven't "totalled up" everything yet-- need to work on that ASAP. Several meals I thought I would need insulin after but got good readings. Again lots of contractions with the non stress test--she gave me all their printouts on labor since I was having so many contractions and specifically highlighted the after hours number should I need to reach them to say I'm in labor. Glad this midwife thought that was something to note when the other didn't say a word about it. My belly only measured @ 34 weeks which is 2 weeks behind, but the ultrasound on Friday will give a better idea about how babe is growing in there! My mom is going to come to that appointment which should be fun for her--and a help for me with Blake!!

Attachments

• 2012-10-28 001.jpg
    2012-10-28 001.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 2012-10-28 0011.jpg
    2012-10-28 0011.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0134.jpg
    DSC_0134.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0136.jpg
    DSC_0136.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 3
Cata! congrats on finally meeting your little man! nathan is beautiful! Hoping you continue to recover well and feel better.
Blakesmom glad your LO passed the stress test. And dont fret too much about measuring behind. They say you can measure anywhere from 4 weeks on either side, fundal height isnt that reliable because of how they can be sitting/lying different things can affect it. The ultrasound will give you a better idea.

LOL Blakes, Watching the History Channel sounds like my DH- maybe a gangster alleyway unveiled, or some kind of search for the Lochness monster. That would drive me nuts during labor :haha:

Got some Enya downloaded. It's hard to figure out other songs I might like. Maybe some Elton John or Beatles. No top of the chart booty music though :rofl:

DD was born with some hair, and I rarely had HB with my pregnancy with her. I've had more HB this time around, so I wonder if that means more hair.

Good for passing your stress test in a good amount of time. Silly baby wanted to sleep : )
So they want you to eat more carbs? It's hard for me to understand all that GD stuff. You're strong for doing it all the right way.
It's good the MW wrote it in your notes this time. Every little bit helps when it comes to details.
I agree with Dancing, the U/S will give you a better idea of the size, though still not an exact size. Have the MW's said baby is head down yet?

Your pictures have totally progressed. Gosh from 5 months to 8, look at you go! : )

Happy Halloween all! The weather here is all wacky, windy and predicted to rain later. I'm not sure how many houses DD will be able to hit up for some candy. Probably just one block and we'll be done.

Cata-Aww your little Nathan is such a cutie! So much hair too! Congrats new mommy!!! So glad you have him now. It can be very overwhelming the first few weeks. It takes some adjusting and learning for both baby and mommy! I hate you were so sick. I wondered in the back of my head if they would postpone the section but I didn't want to alarm you with that. Glad they went ahead and did it a few days later. I hope your recovery is easy for you.
I do second what Dahlia said about the boob...if you want to still attempt to BF, after you get your milk supply in it should be easier. I plan on doing BF & FF at first. I will do a bottle feed for the last feeding of the evening. It seems to be more filling and give you extra time in between feedings. I will either do bottles with pumped milk or formula bottles in the middle of the night. My babies usually take so long to nurse, I can lay them down quicker if they take a bottle. Laying down faster=happier mommy that's less tired lol.
So glad you checked in with a beautiful pic! I know your super busy!!!

Blakesmom-That's awesome he passed in 5 min. Eh, just means an extra scan...it'll be fun for you and your mom. Love the progression pics!

Dahlia-Haven't thought about music...I'm going to think on that! I did pick up Clary Sage Oil. I don't think it smells great or anything but it does relax me! I think it was $11 for an oz of it at a health food store. I've had a few baths in it and I can totally tell a difference in my nights sleep. Nothing for inducing though lol.

So...I booked an acupuncture and acupressure session for Thursday. I didn't make them both tomorrow on purpose...it just happened to be the only thing they had open as one office was closed on Friday. Honestly, I'm thinking it really won't work but it will help me think in my weird twisted head that I am doing EVERYTHING I can to get things going lol. Plus, it will get me out of the house and maybe help with the down feeling I've been having :)

DH and I are filling pillow talk with last minute things I feel like I need to tell him about delivery, birth and after.
Some of the things I've shared are:
Don't be excited or alarmed if baby's male/female parts are swollen at first
Baby could be bloody or purpleish when it comes out
You are not to mention any pooping or anything else gross that happen during labor/birth ever again...unless you would like some divorce papers served :)
Don't be alarmed at any major swelling on my parts due to pushing (omg I was turned inside out with DS...took days to go down...horrible--sorry for TMI)
Yes, we need a night light for nursery so we don't turn on the lights when changing/feeding baby at night
Sponge baths til cord comes off
First bowel movement is black and tar like for baby
Circumcision may be done on the last day in hospital
And tons more...
Feels like its super close now girls!!!

Happy Halloween everyone!! I got a teaser from my maternity shoot on Sunday that I wanted to share!! I will also try to load pics of my little Batman tomorrow night--luckily no rain here and it was kind of warm out--its almost 11pm and my outside temp is reading about 60 degrees out still!!

Attachments

• 178961_379811605429070_2110349891_n.jpg
    178961_379811605429070_2110349891_n.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 7
Klein we also had a pooping don't ask don't tell policy at our house--I may never know if it's right but I'll forever assume it didn't happen!!

Dahlia the Gestational Diabetes has me REALLY confused too!! My urine is apparently showing ketones present which indicates that I'm not getting enough carbs so my body is burning fat/muscle for energy instead. The dietician had said due to my petite stature she would be OK with me having a lesser amount of carbs per day when we last met in person, then last week her e-mail reply back when I mentioned the ketones present made it sound like I HAD to have the recommended daily consumption amount for a pregnant woman of 170 grams--I've only been averaging between 110-130 /day so I am under that number by a significant amount--but OBVIOUSLY you can see in the pics I'm growing and my weight has been increasing---I'm so really to be done with the Gestational Diabetes stuff!!

forgot to post this yesterday. happy belated halloween and yes i wore this to work lol!

Attachments

• 2012_10_31_16_26_20_349.jpg
    2012_10_31_16_26_20_349.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 11
Hello,

I currently have a brace on my left wrist, I'm having some tendon issues and I have no idea why, as I'm right handed. It hurts to extend my fingers all the way. Typing is nuisance right now :wacko:

Our Halloween was nice, hung out with the neighbors and actually went down 3 blocks. It was cold and dreary, but at least no rain.

This morning, I had some pink transparent looking mucus looking stuff on my liner, and a few hours before that it was clear globlet. I'm wondering if it was part of my plug. It wasn't streaked at all, just really light pink tinged.

Tomorrow startes a 10 day countdown for me! Klein, your at 9! Sharon is due so soon- are you feeling anything yet? (I think I had you down for the wrong duedate- originally I had the 9th, bit did it change?)

Klein- Those are some great pointers and conversation topics. I bookmarked two articles I wanted DH to read before I go into labor. They deal with how he is is going to have to be a support person for me.
-That reminds me I wanted to get a nightlight for Savannah's room
-And, I to need to threaten DH with his life if he mentions any grossness from the delivery room : )

Essential Oil does sound nice, I'm partial to lavender. That's what flavor my epsom salt is. It's just so nice and fresh. I've never smelled the scent you mentioned before.

Well, a double whammy today in terms of kick starting the labor process sure couldn't hurt. Good luck and relaxation to you today : )

Blakes- what a darling picture that is. I'm loving the heels : )

I personally woulnd't think having a bit less carbs would be that hurtful, bit then again I'm completely unaware of the risks when diabetic. (All I know is that carbs are a form of sugar) And sugar is bad for diabetics! So it sounds fine to me! You've only got a few more weeks to go of this, and then you'll be free!

Dancing-Love the outfit! You look very festive. For only $12.00 you did huge!!!

Blakes-That is all very confusing with the GD. It sounds like your on top of keeping up with it and all so that's great. Like Dahlia said, a few more weeks. Hang in there, then FREEDOM :) Love the pic. I use that pose for a lot of maternity and senior pics...its one of my fav's. I sometimes have to have the moms poke their bellies out so it shows up more. Seems like our bumps flatten a bit when laying on our backs lol. I bet you did better than me trying to get down there on the floor like that! I feel like a beached whale trying to get around!

Dahlia-Sorry your hand is messing up. My left hand (I'm a righty) has a tingly nerve feeling in it sometimes. I have no idea why...what would I be doing with my left hand?!?! Anyway, hope it eases up and stops bothering you.

The acupuncture was good. I was a bit nervous before I went in. The Dr. was sorta cocky. I really don't like cocky. Anyway, he said...oh yea I can induce labor, no problem. He was nice and it didn't hurt and it was relaxing and all but do I think it's going to work...honestly, no lol. He even said he would give me a call tomorrow to check on me. (or his office would) He said my neck was tense (I SO knew that) and he did some sticks around it. Neck area does feel looser.
I guess we shall see Mr Cocky lol.
Off to get the kiddo's from school then my massage and pretty toes/feet.
Hope the massage person knows what she's doing! FXed

Cata, congratulations, Nathan looks lovely!

Dahlia yes, turns out my ovulation was off so my due date was changed at the dating scans. I had a sweep today at my midwife appointment. She said the head was really low but nothing was happening down there. I had some bleeding afterwards which she said was my show, and she wrote 1cm dilated in my notes, but she said to me that my cervix was thick so she couldn't get right inside to do te sweep properly.

I have an obstetrician appt on Tuesday so hopefully if in still pregnant by then they will give me another sweep, after that it'll be time to start thinking about induction :( really hope baby makes an appearance over the next few days if not tonight!! Xx

Quick update, I am going into hospital around 10 or 11 tonight because my waters have been leaking all day. Midwife said I might need pitocin if contactions dont start by then. As of now Ive had no contractions. I will write more when I get situated. I'm really not happy about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->