November Rainbow Babies

doc appt good. OH came with me this time and she let him use the doppler on me which was pretty entertaining. Cervix still a fingertip so she told us to have more sex lol. So we DTD and i must say pregnant sex gets better and better. i can "go" multiple times always teehee, hopefully it will do the trick. I keep feeling period cramps every day. Especually in the middle of the night. doesnt last too long but i dont know what it is. Anyway its 2:30 in the morning and i cant sleep. Gotta wake up at 4 am and drive to DC to go to the salvadoran embassy so OH can renew his passport. blehh:sleep:

Ha Dancing, get it while you can! I am not interested in :sex: lol

I am feeling some pains today, but I think it might be trapped gas. I am in no way gassy though. Who knows. I ate broccoli yesterday and that's by reasoning for why it could be gas. Ha.

Everything feels heavier down there too

Dancing-Enjoy the sex lol. It's more of a job for me right now. Not too enjoyable.
Have fun renewing his passport...sounds like a blast :wacko:

Blakesmom-Ah, I'd so have been watching the contractions too! I'd have made myself :wacko: though lol.

Sharon-:hugs: I know girl, I'm so ready too. We are at the miserable point now and I feel so dang huge. I hope we won't go over! So stinking close but it feels so dang far away!!!

Dahlia-I'm with you on the not being disappointed and not wanting to do the cervix check yet. I wish I wasn't so dang nosy though lol. I will opt for an induction if I haven't went on my own and I can get one on week 39. I went 10 days over with DS and was induced at week 39 with DD. The hospital is 2 hrs away and DH works 1 hr away. I'm too impatient and I like to know when it's going to happen. But hey...I'd love for Baby Klein to decide to make an appearance anytime before then! :haha:

Cata-So stinking excited for you!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::dance::dance::dance::dance::yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee::headspin::headspin::headspin::headspin::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:
Please post as soon as you can and Good Luck!!!:flower:

I feel more pressure below. I've felt a bit nauseated today :( and sorta yucky.
Paid bills today, that was yucky too lol.
Installed the carseat yesterday. That felt productive :thumbup:
I'm trying to get motivated to take pics of the nursery and post them. :dohh: No promises though :haha:

Hi Girls!!

My cold got much worse and I cannot stop coughing now but thats ok. Tomorrow at 6 am Ill be in the hospital and ready to go!

Im extremely nervous and feel very sick :cry:

Th doctor said I could be home by Friday or Monday! but as soon as I can Ill post pics of my LO.

Thank you all for you good wishes and for your support through all of my pregnancy :cry: you have no idea of how much that meant to me :hugs:

Hugs!!!

Cata--I have no idea what time it is there compared to here---but in just a few hours you are going to have your little man in your arms---so excited for you!!!!

Not COMPLETELY finished, but close enough for now--hoping to finish up the room this weekend with the finishing touches!! Curtains, rug, hamper, humidifier--oh and a few spots where paint was still drying--don't mind those in the pics lol

Attachments

• DSC_0106.jpg
    DSC_0106.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0109.jpg
    DSC_0109.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0115.jpg
    DSC_0115.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC_0352.jpg
    DSC_0352.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 4
Cata-Wishing you a fast recovery!

Blakesmom-Love the dark wood and the nursery pics. I think it all looks very nice! Great job :thumbup: I know your glad to almost have it done!

Going to attempt to attach nursery pics. They sorta stink bc you really can't see the detail in the pics. It looks better in person I think. Still need curtains.

Anyone having pain in between your ribs. I feel like my LO's butt is prying mine apart! I find myself leaning back as far as I can to try to get more space.
I don't feel so blah today. That's a major plus. DD's fall festival at her school is tonight. She gets to wear her costume. I hope I feel good and we have a good time while we there.

I'm getting my roots done tomorrow yay. :happydance:

Anyone thinking of doing reflexology to help along labor? It's a $60.00 for a massage here. It's ran across my mind. It probably won't work. I've never had any type of massage. I think I'd enjoy it though. Don't know if it's worth the money though.

Attachments

• IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1043.jpg
    IMG_1043.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1047.jpg
    IMG_1047.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1048.jpg
    IMG_1048.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 4
Omg ladies the nurseries are beautiful! Your LOs are going to be very pleased : )

Blake's- that furniture is so pretty! Love the bedding and woods theme with the tree. The room looks very homy and warm.

Klein- what a mural of detail that is! So magical. The white furniture pops.

Anyone else have nursery pics?

Cata- sending you good vibes and I hope all went well today! :hugs: and an early Congrats!

AFm- it's the second day of my headache and it drags me down. Despite it though I have done some organizing of the pantry, dug up the flower bulbs left in the garden, and set up our new storage ottoman in the living room.

Baby was really tumbling around in my belly last night to the point I was afraid she'd flip to breech. No issue with ribs, just some punches here and there, as well as some crowding issues : ) I do find when I lean back I have more room too.

My mom has been bothering me the last few days about my choice of using a midwife. I guess what spawned my interest in one was after I watched The Business of Being Born by Ricki Lake. It opened my eyes to the pressures that can result from having a doctor. I don't want a home birth, I just want to use a midwife at a hospital. I don't get what the big deal is. MWs are trained for emergency situations and there is also an in-house OB that is always on the unit.
So, I have come up with some questions regarding emergency intervention that I want to ask the MW on Monday. After hearing some answers I can feel more comfortable with everything and get mother off my back. She's been talking about it with her sisters and they're all freqking her out for nothing. You have to research what it means to have a MW in order to understand it, which I know none of them have done. My mom was really annoying me and making me doubt my decision. But after I think about it by myself I come up with the conclusion that a MW is what I want.
Rant over*

Klein I was excited over our 1 painted tree---look at your amazing 360 degree murals--so wonderful!!

Cata thinking of you--hope you are recovering nicely at this point!!

Blakesmom- thank you. Its pretty busy lol but it works. It's what I had in mind. There is a sorta empty spot where a mermaid and baby name or treasure chest and baby name behind the swing where that will go. I feel like I need a dresser. Those 3 drawers are pretty small now that I think about it.

Dahlia-alot of years go into being a mw. I agree w you, I feel like they are just under educated about them. After they see your experience they could have a complete turn around and change of heart! I'm sure your comfortable with your decision and they will come around too. Like you said. You'll be in a hospital. Where there are ob's if a crazy unlikely situation should arise.
Hope your head eases up! Maybe your longer torso keeps LO out of your ribs :) so jealous!!!

Dahlia I often felt like I had to defend my choice of midwife over OBGYN--even the other day with the nurse @ the diabetes office--she was like--where does the Dr. come into play when you have a midwife??---yep--no Dr. just the midwife...I do feel like since my midwives combined with one of the largest "for profit" health clinics/companies in my area that they seem to recommend a ton of new/different things--then again I didn't have the gestational diabetes with Blake. My care just seemed more "peaceful" and Low Stress with him--now I feel like they are questioning everything and requiring me to do so many tests, etc.

Dahlia I am not sure how the medical systems in your country differ, but here in the UK you only ever see a midwife, unless you have what is classed as a high risk pregnancy! Xxx

Yes, it's something like 8% of births in the US are midwife led. Compared to like 95% of births in the year 1900. I don't have a problem with doctors, it's just I wanted to have a better more personal experience this time with birthing. I myself am more educated than I was with DD's birth 5 years ago, so I figured out that a MW was something that really appealed to me.

Blakes- I can see how doctors and nurses would be a bit more questioning about your choice of MW if you've had extra issues with the pregnancy this time. That's just how they are. (*edit- I hope that didn't sound insensitive. I just mean that they are more medically inclined to question you for your decision, but that doesn't mean they should). I think if a MW was uncomfortable in any way with your GD that she would tell you. But I know GD is common in pregnancy and they have dealt with many cases of it. So do you have only one midwife that will deliver? In my office there are two, and it will depend on the day I go into labor to determine which one will be on-call?

Klein- I forgot to mention about the acupuncture. I would give it a try if you've read that many women have had success with it. It would certainly beat needing to have a pitocin induced labor. As for the price, I'm not sure! Seems like it sort of resembles the price of an hour massage... so if you equate it with that, then give it a try.

I think the nurse just wasn't familiar with the modern practices of midwives--or she was confusing a midwife with a Doula?? LOL The practice I go to actually has 6 midwifes and they are all CNW and only do hospital deliveries. When I had Blake the practice had 3 midwives and 1 nurse practitioner--now they combined with the "Big Clinic" midwifery practice so they have the total of 6! I think there is one place in my City that is a birthing center with midwifes--I think those midwifes are also the ones people would contact for home births but I'm not sure...

I asked about their on-call schedule to know if I could "predict" who will deliver on which day but the midwife I saw on Monday was pretty vague about it. DH suggested I write into my birthing plan which midwife I want--sorry honey it doesn't work like that!! I still haven't met 1 of the new midwife--and apparently she isn't there on Fridays when all the rest of my appointments are scheduled for. She looks nice in her picture--itt would be a bummer to have someone I've never met tho!

Hello! Checking in today!

I had my MW appt this morning. I asked her all the questions I felt necessary about emergency situations. She answered them adequately and I feel fine now. And I did find out something new, that if I were to get an epidural at my hospital, it is there policy that I wear an oxygen mask during that time. <-- so that's just another reason for me to pull through and try to go natural.

And TMI, but I was having diarrhea the past two nights. Last night I went around 5 times. I told MW, and she said wither it's a GI bug, even though I feel fine otherwise, or that our bodies like to clear out before baby comes. Even though labor could very well be 2-3 weeks away still.

Blakes- yeah that would be ironic if she were be the one to deliver you and you have never met her! So did you have a MW deliver Blake? I know he was born early, so I'm not sure if I was reading correctly. My MW told me the on-call sched for the next 1.5 week. I like them both, but I think the fact that Wendy has more experience makes me hope it's her that I get for delivery time.
Hey, I also hear there is some sort of increase in whooping cough cases for California and Washington state residents. Will you be getting the vaccine for yourself or other family members? I feel like it would be nice if family members were vaccinated, but I myself haven't had a vaccine in years!

I bought my Shrinkx Hips Wrap at Babies R Us today. I hope it will be worth the $47 I spent on it. I plan on reselling it on ebay when I'm done with it anyways.
DD had a Halloween Trunk or Treat at her school on Friday which was a fun time. It was nice to see all the parents and kids. My feet were swollen after that though. Me and DD did an epsom salt foot soak after. It was so nice : ) We called it our "girl time" lol

How is everyone else doing on their feet? Especially those that are working? Mine only get swollen if I'm on them for extended periods (few hours).

My feet are good and I haven't had any swelling - I don't do a lot on my feet these days though.

Whooping cough is on the increase in the UK too - I had the vaccine on Saturday but its not offered to other family members.

I too had the runs this morning - it wasn't too bad, I hope labour is closer than 2-3 weeks away! Xx

I hope labor is closer too, Sharon! I don't want to wait around too long :coffee: even though I get nervous thinking about the labor process!

I'm wondering if I should get the vaccine now...:shrug:

I don't know about when to get the vaccination. I'm not really up on all of that.

I'm feeling really low today. I couldn't set an induction date since my cervix is still a fingertip dilated and 50% effaced. I was really upset. I literally cried for hours and I'm still crying. I'm just depressed and feel like I just can't take it anymore. I was so upset all day Saturday and Sunday. The LO wasn't moving around like I thought it should be. Then finally yesterday it was like it was awake and active for 24 hours solid. I just feel like a basketcase. My weight gain last week was 3 lbs!!! I'm either gaining weight in my face or its fluid/swollen. My back is killing me. I'm so nervous about keeping on being pregnant...I'm worried that the baby will be too big for me to deliver and then I'll have to have a section all bc they wouldn't induce me ahead of time. I just want to scream. I feel like I have nothing to look forward to except this baby being born and I feel myself getting depressed. Plus, DH and I have been fighting so I'm upset over all of that too. Sorry to be such a downer :( Just so miserable right now.
PLUS might I add that I normally am on ZOLOFT and I haven't been on my pills since we were ttc. I really want to take my meds and I can't. I take them for PMDD and while I don't have PMDD right now obviousally, I still wish I could have my meds so I don't feel so hopeless.
Ok now rant over lol.

Hello! Checking in today!

I had my MW appt this morning. I asked her all the questions I felt necessary about emergency situations. She answered them adequately and I feel fine now. And I did find out something new, that if I were to get an epidural at my hospital, it is there policy that I wear an oxygen mask during that time. <-- so that's just another reason for me to pull through and try to go natural.

And TMI, but I was having diarrhea the past two nights. Last night I went around 5 times. I told MW, and she said wither it's a GI bug, even though I feel fine otherwise, or that our bodies like to clear out before baby comes. Even though labor could very well be 2-3 weeks away still.

Blakes- yeah that would be ironic if she were be the one to deliver you and you have never met her! So did you have a MW deliver Blake? I know he was born early, so I'm not sure if I was reading correctly. My MW told me the on-call sched for the next 1.5 week. I like them both, but I think the fact that Wendy has more experience makes me hope it's her that I get for delivery time.
Hey, I also hear there is some sort of increase in whooping cough cases for California and Washington state residents. Will you be getting the vaccine for yourself or other family members? I feel like it would be nice if family members were vaccinated, but I myself haven't had a vaccine in years!

I bought my Shrinkx Hips Wrap at Babies R Us today. I hope it will be worth the $47 I spent on it. I plan on reselling it on ebay when I'm done with it anyways.
DD had a Halloween Trunk or Treat at her school on Friday which was a fun time. It was nice to see all the parents and kids. My feet were swollen after that though. Me and DD did an epsom salt foot soak after. It was so nice : ) We called it our "girl time" lol

How is everyone else doing on their feet? Especially those that are working? Mine only get swollen if I'm on them for extended periods (few hours).

That kind of sucks having to wear and oxygen mask. Good luck going all natural. I'm pretty sure I'm going to try holding out as long as possible again but will most likely get an epidural.

My foot were SUPER swollen on Friday afternoon/evening from being crammed in a small auditorium for a work seminar all day--we had very minimal breaks and had to wait forever for lunch, so I didn't have any chance to walk around--could hardly get my fat feet into my normal flats--DH even noticed the swelling so I know it was bad. Did lots of walking on Saturday doing various errands around town so was able to avoid it coming back--I was getting slightly concerned since it was on one side more than another, but I googled that and it seemed to be fairly normal...Did the foot soak help?? I tried elevating my feet as much as possible Friday night but I went to bed with some FAT FEET might have to try a soak if that comes back again.

I sit a lot with work, but am able to move around more than I was at the seminar--I have a fairly "deep" crease every night now when I take my socks off after work--I'm curious to know if they will check that at my appointment tomorrow or if it will strictly be a non stress test only...

I did have a midwife deliver Blake--she has since retired from the practice--she was very loving and "grandmotherly" I wish she was still there!! The whooping cough epidemic has been going on for a while now here. I had my TDap shot in mid-July. They wanted me to do it while I'm pregnant so babe would be protected until he is old enough to get the vaccination himself. They said either I get it while I'm pregnant or EVERYONE AROUND BABE NEEDS IT--that would be hard to control so I went with the first option. My SIL's Dr. didn't vaccinate her--she had hers right after she delivered--they did it in the leg before the turned off her epidural--there must be varying opinions out there in the medical community about when/if to do it??

I don't know about when to get the vaccination. I'm not really up on all of that.

I'm feeling really low today. I couldn't set an induction date since my cervix is still a fingertip dilated and 50% effaced. I was really upset. I literally cried for hours and I'm still crying. I'm just depressed and feel like I just can't take it anymore. I was so upset all day Saturday and Sunday. The LO wasn't moving around like I thought it should be. Then finally yesterday it was like it was awake and active for 24 hours solid. I just feel like a basketcase. My weight gain last week was 3 lbs!!! I'm either gaining weight in my face or its fluid/swollen. My back is killing me. I'm so nervous about keeping on being pregnant...I'm worried that the baby will be too big for me to deliver and then I'll have to have a section all bc they wouldn't induce me ahead of time. I just want to scream. I feel like I have nothing to look forward to except this baby being born and I feel myself getting depressed. Plus, DH and I have been fighting so I'm upset over all of that too. Sorry to be such a downer :( Just so miserable right now.
PLUS might I add that I normally am on ZOLOFT and I haven't been on my pills since we were ttc. I really want to take my meds and I can't. I take them for PMDD and while I don't have PMDD right now obviousally, I still wish I could have my meds so I don't feel so hopeless.
Ok now rant over lol.

Will they not schedule an induction because your body is moving in the right direction of TRYING to start the laboring process?? What can you do to speed things up--walks, bouncing on a exercise ball, Spicy foods--Google it girl--put those things to the test!! If nothing else hopefully trying to induce labor will hopefully pass the time until your next appt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->