November Rainbow Babies

Hi girls!

Quick update: yesterday at my apt my BP was abit high so they kept me in the hosptal until today :wacko: and today I woke up with an instant cold LOL. Good thing is I´m home now and they have scheduled my c-section for Oct 25th :haha: there goes my dream of a natural birth but that´s ok, I want my LO to be safe.

My SIL is having a little girl :happydance: so Ill be auntie to a little princess!! yayy!!

Hugs all, I should be getting my laptop charger soon :shrug:

Cata that is SOOOO exciting!! I hope you have a Halloween Costume picked out for your little man (oh wait...do you celebrate Halloween in Costa Rica like we do here???)

Hey ladies,

I've been a bit stressed being at work and heavily pregnant. (one more week left). I've had a quick glance at the thread but it appears everyone is doing really well. I cannot believe that we are soooooooo close now. This pregnancy has dragged but now it's speeding up a lot.

So my bubs is still breech- I've tried EVERYTHING from upside down positions to an ECV. So i'm booked for a c- section at 40 weeks. It's taken me time to get used to having one as I REALLY wanted a natural birth. If i go into labour naturally before the date and there is an experienced doctor there then there is a small chance I may get a natural breech birth but all the preparation....Raspberry leaf tea, perianal massage, yoga for labour positions etc etc has been a total waste of time. This baby has other ideas :)

I plan to sit down with a nice cup of tea later to catch up with the thread properly (after my house cleaning attack).

x

Babyjo you are so close now--less than 5 weeks of work for me and 6ish weeks til my due date--tho you are right this last bit of time has really started to speed up!!

Babyjo-I'm so sorry your LO is breech. Hopefully LO will get its compass sorted out and point head down soon. Fingers crossed for you! I can only imagine how your still holding up at work! I bought groceries today and feel like I ran a marathon! So glad you'll be done soon!

Cata- That stinks you got sick! So figures, going into the hospital for high blood pressure and leave sick! Glad your at home though. I can't believe your so stinking close!!! So exciting you'll be having a son and a niece to spoil! Best of both worlds! I'm sure your dad and brother are too excited as well :) Let the countdown begin...Set the timer to 5 days!!!!

Dancing-YAY for 1cm! :happydance:

Dahlia-I forgot to comment on the name choice secret! I love the idea of keeping it a secret til after she gets here. That's an awesome surprise if you ask me.

DH started outage today. :happydance: for overtime lol. I picked up some slow nipples for bottles, sports bra for labor tub, full butted panties, baby wash cloths, nursing pads. Almost done getting all of the last minute things together. I've been having lots of irregular BH's today and last night. Also having more pressure or heavy feeling in the cervix area. My bladder feels sore so it could be another UTI coming on but hoping things are getting in gear.
I hope this LO comes a little early. It feels so so big. I could be wrong but I think I'm carrying a large whale in here at times lol!

Wow Cata- that's only 5 days away. It must feel a bit surreal to know the day LO is coming! I know it sucks not being able to have your natural birth though :flower: But this way LO will be here so much sooner : ) Drink some extra orange juice to get rid of that cold : ) Congrats on your little niece. It will be so nice to have two little babies around the same age.

Hi Babyjo- I am sorry baby hasn't turned. If it helps any, my first was transverse up until 38 weeks, then turned on her own. So there is a small chance something could happen. You said you've tried upside down positions... did you look up Spinning Babies website? If not, give that a try as well : )

Dancing- I feel like I may have dilated a bit, but I'll only know around my 38 week check-up. Everyone says you could be dilated at 4cm and still have to wait til 40 weeks to deliver, but for me, knowing how dilated I am before I start labor is like a jump-ahead. So good for you.

Klein- Overtime money is great : )
full butted panties :haha: I applaud you for making it this far and not buying some sooner! Last time I went to Victoria's Secret, I for sure used my free underwear coupon on some granny panties :rofl:
And thanks for reminding me... I have to pack my swimsuit top in my H-bag for laboring in the tub. I have a feeling I won't get a room with a tub, and even if I did, I might not want to labor in it. The thing is, that I'm afraid if I labor naturally too long, that I won't be able to get an epi in time if I want one. But that's just me being crazy. I'm sure I would be monitored closely enough for them to tell me when it's getting really close.

Yes and the last things on my list to get are milk storage bags and breast pads. I'm trying to find a deal on them, but haven't yet.
Yesterday and today I have been feeling crampy. Not extreme or sharp anything, but enough to notice that it feels different. Googled it, and it's normal as well. I went shopping earlier with my mom and we were in the shoe department and all I wanted to do was sit down :haha: It is getting down to the nitty-gritty.
When I went grocery shopping last time, I was drained too. lol

Well, off to another boring Saturday night, anyone have weekend plans?

blakesmom - I didn´t even have to pick anything, my brother and sister bought him a tiny darth vader costume already lol. We don´t eally celebrate halloween as part of our culture sadly :( but as many other American holidays is starting to be part of ours too slowly... many costaricans have left and come back and also many americans live here now, yay! for more fun holidays!!

babyjo - Maybe LO just wants to give you a bit of a hard time and will turn :) I have heard that the site Dahlia mentions Spinning Babies is really good!I do hope that whatever happens it will be for your and your lo´s best interest, time is flying now! Wish I would get a house cleaning attack but no... it wont happen lol.

Klein - Yay for watermelon and almost being done with the little things!! really hope you dont get another UTI! Youre extremely close to your due date, yayy! I do feel weird and excited... 8 months ago I said to myself: God doesn´t want me to be a mom so Ill stop trying... Ill just make money and travel the world lol and look at me now! no money but so so happy!
My brother and my dad are super happy about my niece too! my family has been waiting for a little girl for a long time and it will finally happen!(of course i wouldnt change my Little boy for the world!) 5 more days!! well umm Saturday is almost gone so 4 more! :D

Dahlia - I totally forgotabout the milk storage bags! and the best part is I have to buy them from the US lol hanks for the reminder. Considering how far along our pregnancies we are, Im pretty sure mst of us could use a scooter to go shopping :)
Thank you for the orange juice advice, I actually bought a big gallon today and its almost gone already Im just hoping this goes away before my c-section because I can only imagine coughing after the surgery :(
Thanks! It makes me smile to know that when Nathan is a bit bigger we will have another newborn around! Im too excited!! yayy!!

As you all know Nathan is my first baby, I feel weird :( I mean I´m super excited and if I think about having him here for too long I even feel like I want to throw up hahaha too nervous? I want to see his face and cant stop wondering how his eyes will look, how his cry will sound all that. But I have noticed people keeps trying to make me go out, inviting me to lunch, birthdays all that and all I want to do is stay here and wait. Its like if they thought I was depressed or something.
Im sure my brother is watching me and he would have said something already if I was but other people just make things weird lol.

Our house has wooden floors and since it was fumigated a week ago I decided it was time to vacuum the whole house just in case there were fleas or anything left in between the wood. As you know my nesting never happened so I paid a weird guy $10 to vacuum the house lolwe know him as he is from around here and my dad pretended to be doing something for two hours because he didnt want to leave me alone with the guy here how sweet ( he should now by now that his daughter is way more dangerous than any guy) He moved EVERYTHING and cleaned everything I was very impressed when I asked him how much it was and he said 10$
I prepped my cloth diapers today too :)

Weekend plans? at this point I only plan to make it to the toilet in time if I need to pee, it is a challenge at this point lol

Enjoy your weekend ladies!!

Today I spent most of the day doing baby Laundry (and a few loads of the rest of ours)--tomorrow DH has dedicated to getting the nursery ready, and I'm hoping that I have sold Blake's crib bedding via craigslist officially tomorrow a family is coming to look at it--I hope they love it and bring cash!! I have a few more things on the list for this babe--more Diapers and wipes, breast pads, and storage bags, and curtains for his room are the essentials, and then I also want to get his baby book so they can put his feet prints in at the hospital, a humidifier, and a new wipe warmer are on my list of "luxuries" I would like to use the money from Blake's crib set for. Photos to come tomorrow if we make good progress on the room. We are going to paint a tree in there but DH's co-worker is going to help us so that isn't going to happen until mid-next week (and hopefully the curtains as well LOL)--I've also started packing the diaper bag for the hospital as I'm putting stuff away in his room.

Blakesmom-Omg you reminded me to get curtains! I so almost forgot!!! That is great DH is working on the nursery. I do hope the family purchases the crib set! I love craigslist. It's an awesome tool :)

Cata-Another day down! YAY! Awesome you got your house vacuumed for 10 bucks! You'll have to take a ton of pics and post of your little darth vader! Aww can't wait.
Your friends etc may just be wanting to spend time with you before Nathan arrives. They could be thinking it may be awhile before you can get out of the house or something.

I'm having mixed feelings about doing baby's laundry. I have 10 sleepers stacked on the 'take to hospital' pile. They are all on the hangers with the tags still. Its like I don't want to wash the clothes for some reason of jinxing a healthy baby coming home or something. It's one of the last things I'm NOT wanting to do. I'm really weird about this! What's wrong with me!!!???
Not only that but now that I am thinking about it...I am saving boxes from the stroller carseat system, not opening any bottles, paci's etc. Everything still has tags on it and is still in packages....OMG--- I could be a psycho case and I just realized it!

Klein I just know that if I don't do it now it might not get done in a timely matter AFTER he is home!! My Criagslist lady was a no shower--even gave up the chance to go apple picking with my parents and Blake at my Grandparents house to wait around for her and she didn't even bother calling---oh well--Got the nursery almost all done. Haven't taken pics yet as I feel like its still a bit bare--Found out my e-bay personalized clock never shipped as they were waiting on the specific frame color to come in and had a hard time finding the design I ordered as they had only taken over the business 6 months ago--if you didn't have the design why the heck would you advertise you did on ebay people?! They did offer to refund the shipping $7.50 so i guess that was nice. My work shower is on Tuesday--ran into one of my co-workers at Target on Friday and she told me not to look in her cart LOL--excited to do that then finalize the rest of my shopping.

Good morning,

I have my appt today- so I'll update that later.
Basically I've been researching vaccines and have decided to omit the Hep B shot given at birth (not a threat to those of us in US), delaying the Polio shot til 9 mos, and I would also like to skip the Vit K shot given at birth as well. I plan on breastfeeding, and Vitamin K is found in colostrum, so I am going to ask the midwife about that instead. For Hep B, she can always get the shot when she's older.
I also plan on doing an alternative schedule with vaccines. Here is the link to the schedule I'll be following in case you're curious. Dr. Sears:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-bob-sears/vaccines-and-autism-what_b_279745.html
Got DD's costume this weekend, she will be a vampire. It's not scary or anything, but it's more like a princess dress in black and red colors. lol

I took your survey, Klein : ) What a fun thing to do.
I've read other people post about not doing that "one last thing" they need to do, as in they're afraid to jinx it. But hey, you've made it this far, and Baby Klein needs some sleepers for the hospital! lol.
I haven't opened bottles, but that's because I won't be using them til about one month old anyways.

btw- I was getting a bit nervous about my milk supply, because I still haven't leaked, even though I know it's normal not to leak, and supply should still be alright. So, this morning I decided to give my nipple a little squeeze, and I saw a little bead of liquid come through. Now I feel much better that things are in the works : )

Blakes- oh geez, Craigslist doesn't seem very reliable anymore. How rude.
I can't wait to see the nursery! Sometimes I feel like my nursery is bare, but then I realize that I have hoarding tendencies (not really :haha:) so it does look nice being the simple room that it is : )
LOL, an ebay transaction I had more than a month ago never came to my door. Now, it was only for a $1.41 dog whistle, but still. So annoying. I was refunded. I hope you get your clock soon! A work shower is so nice! Have a delightful time!

Cata- aw Darth Vader, that is going to be a hoot!
I hope your cold has gone away! I'm sure your mind is racing about Nathan, and it's totally okay to be caught up in baby-thoughts : ) I would be too if I knew LO was that close to coming. Now is the time to relax anyways.
ps- great deal on the vacuuming : )

Dahlia DD's costume sounds cute!! I got Blake's this morning as he has a daycare harvest party on Friday and they wanted him there to practice the songs etc even tho I'm off work today and tomorrow--it was a good time to shop without him!! Blake is going to be batman this year. The last 3 years he has been something cute and adorable (1st--skunk, 2nd lion, 3rd tiger) so I guess it was about time he have a say in it and be something "cool." I think the few other daycare boys that there are (the girls out number the boys at his daycare LOL) are also going to be "super heros" so I imagine they will be a cute bunch. DH was glad I got the costume and said he was going to go shopping after work tonight but I already took care of it. I picture messaged the costume and he wants to wait to show Blake until he gets home tonight because he knows he is going to be excited. My appointment is this afternoon too--going alone which is a bummer but I have a few questions I wanted to ask without DH there--he doesn't need to know about hemorrhoids--that just isn't fair for me to ask about when he is there :hehe: Oh and DH let me know today that we can paint the tree in the nursery tomorrow so that is going to be AWESOME--I thought I was going to have to wait until Wed/Thursday--yay!!

Blakesmom-That stinks she was no show. So glad your getting your tree painted tomorrow! I don't blame you for wanting to keep some questions to yourself. Having a baby is crazy enough. Seems like all our bits are on display for everyone to see and get to know lol. Some things are just a bit more quiet! :) On that note...hope you get some relief for that issue! It's also cute blake is at the fun costume age. It's great when they get big enough to really get into it! I'm sure he will be super excited about his Batman costume!

Dahlia-Good to know your squeeze was productive! I figured I'd be leaking too but so far so good. I agree with baby Klein needing some sleepers. At this rate poor LO will be in the ugly little hospital gown thing. I need to muster up the courage and take care of it!

Dr appt was a let down for me. I was really EXPECTING a change or something. I was hoping to schedule an induction date since it'd be 2 weeks away. Just to make me FEEL better...I guess like there will be an ending in sight! Instead, since my cervix isn't favorable for induction at this point we can't schedule a day. Really bummed about it. He said still fingertip dilated, 50% effaced. I sent DH a text message that said no end to this pregnancy in sight. At this rate I'll be pregnant for-ev-er! He laughed. Glad he finds it funny. I'm sorta depressed :(

Anyway doc told me the exam caused some bleeding, not to be alarmed and put the pads out for me. I was shocked that it was bright red blood and lots of it. I've NEVER had any bleeding after any exams and I've had a lot! It's almost stopped now. I'm not worried or anything but dang...bright red blood for a pregnant woman is strange/weird seeing it!

Thanks to all who took part in the guessing game so far!

I have appointments scheduled for 2x/week until the Monday before my due date--I kept telling the lady I better not need all of these!! They had me do a non stress test today--BP was elevated when the nurse took it, but she did it again at the end of the appointment and it was better--not great but just a smidge over. Baby was very active and got a good report. They didn't have any ultrasound appointments available for this Friday (which is good since I have an all day seminar and then Blake's Harvest party--trying to work an appointment in there would have been a hassle!!) So next appointment is scheduled for Tuesday next week for another Non Stress Test, and then an ultrasound on Friday.

Klein so sorry about the bleeding--I can totally imagine that wouldn't be fun to see--maybe its a good sign--like the "bloody show" from your cervix thinning out??--did they mention stripping your membranes or anything like that?? I'm sure once things do get going it will be quick for you!!

Blake was pretty cute about his costume--he tried it on and then went marching down the Hall to look in the full length mirrors we have in our room and I couldn't help but LOL---such a cute little batman figure in front of me and I'm sure he felt like a "big guy" which made it even cuter that he is miniature!!

Blakesmom-aww he sounds so cute! Glad your bp went down some but I hate it's giving you problems. I've never had a nonstress test. Do they just do it if your bp is high? I'm not very educated on them. On the bright side you get a scan done so that's a plus you get to see your LO (assuming you'll be able to) your Friday sounds booked!
I hope your right about the going quick thing. I asked another doc about a sweep and she said that if they could do it at 38 weeks they would. I've never had one before so I'm sort of excited about it lol. Oh the things that excite me these days hehe! I will for sure be asking for one, you can bet on that. Maybe they'll be able to do it. Anyone had one done before?

I guess the non stress test is because of the gestational diabetes. I had a few non stress tests with Blake because of my blood pressure but didn't really remember what they were looking for. From my "refresher course" on them yesterday--they are looking at the babe's "average" heart rate and then I had a little "button" I would push every time I felt movement. So with that they look for accelerations in the heart rate with his movements--they do 20 minutes of time or longer if babe is less active, the nurse told me they have to see at least 2 big accelerations so they give you juice to wake them up if they are in a sleep cycle while doing the test. Also they were monitoring contractions--They seemed like they were pretty regular from the printout I was watching but the midwife didn't seem to care about those--oh well!!

Hi girls - just popping in, I haven't really got anything interesting to update with unfortunately!

Still losing bits of plug (2 weeks on :haha:) but haven't had any bloody show or significantly regular contractions :(

Starting to think I will go overdue :cry: I am so jealous of all of the girls who are due around the same time as me and have had their babies already - I am so uncomfortable, I feel massive and I have a physio appointment tomorrow for my pains.I am also sooo bored!! There is only so much cleaning/cooking/sleeping a pregnant lady can do!!

Cata - How exciting that you have a date for your babies arrival. Sorry that you aren't getting the natural labour you hoped for but not long now til your little rainbow baby will be in your arms!!

Sorry this has been a whingey post, I am just feeling sorry for myself getting through what will hopefully be the last few days rather than weeks :haha:

Blakes- It's nice when the kids are old enough to pick something out themselves. They get so proud when they put on their costume ; ) I'm sure he felt mocho in his Batman gear. lol
My DH never liked going to appointments with me. He was always so antsy, and would complain about time in the waiting room. He just doesn't understand that doctor offices get "behind" because people have problems and things come up! I go alone, and I like it that way. I always liked him to come to the couple appointments in the beginning, and of course U/S appts though.
Were you able to paint the tree today?
I'm sorry your BP is acting up, but as Klein said, you get another U/S. It is a lot to have on the schedule though! Hope you don't need all the appts either.
omg so you were having contractions? maybe they were BH and she knew that? idk... that's funny though. I've been getting a lot more BH lately, and this heavy pelvic feeling at times.

Klein- I think one of the reasons I declined to get checked was because I didn't want to be disappointed. It is early though, ya know? Give it a couple more couple more days.
Oh my, bleeding would be a very odd sight. Well, you'd think that the irritated cervix might open up a bit from that irritation, so you never know. I'm glad it has stopped for you.
So are you saying that you will most likely be induced? I missed the reason if so... ?
I've never had a sweep. but I did end up looking it up and I guess it can be uncomfortable, which is what i figured. Some ladies said it felt like a cervical check.. idk

Cata- tomorrow is the big day! Big hugs to you and I wish you a happy and healthy delivery of baby Nathan! Pics up when you can : ) wooohooooooo!

Sharon- Oh I know the wait is terrible towards the end... but you will most likely be the next one up after Cata! Your bloody show might just around the corner :haha:
I hope your appt can relieve you of some of the pains.
I feel like all I do now is catch-up on cleaning, but really it's all I have left. I am getting a bit bored with it all too. And since I already have one child, it's like the cleaning never ends!!! ah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->