November Rainbow Babies

Blakes-I know the frustrating feeling girl...it stinks. There is an end...I promise lol. Hopefully you'll get an induction date as a backup plan...it eased my mind and that's what mine came down to.

Dahlia-So glad things are going well and yes I look forward to keeping in touch too. The morning schedule varies from day to day with us too. Getting 2 out the door is pretty simple since mine are bigger. They get themselves ready and I do lunches, final checks, and Parris' hair. My son can even crank and warm up the car lol that's a major plus!

Dancing- So glad everything went well with your delivery!!! She is beautiful! I know your thrilled!!!

Alandsa-Any plans or changes with you lately? I've newly became horrible at checking for updates too. :(

I think I will plan to bring up my frustrations on Monday and reject the 24 hour urine collection as I really don't see any point in spending the money on tests when they aren't going to do anything with the results except say we will re-check in another week....

Alandsa-Any plans or changes with you lately? I've newly became horrible at checking for updates too. :(

nothing as yet but i have told baby girl that if she wants to be on time then she better start making a move now :haha:

we had the in-laws over this evening to take some nice bump shots and shots of myself and DH so looking forward to getting them back :D

Ha Blake's lol that's funny his first Bday would be on Tgiving. I am looking forward to all the food, so I totally understand you wanting to enjoy it fully..

With the urine collection, I didn't know you had to do that. What if they do find some proteins in it? Would that make them want to induce?

Klein- it is nice to have older kids in that respect. My aunt and mom came over today. THey asked how it was going with the baby and we got to talking about having kids close together vs further apart. I told them it was pretty stressful in the beginning for me, and still is. But that it is easier when you have an older child, but the sacrifice for that is having them be further apart in age, and not really being "play buddies." My mom then said I could go for a boy in a few years. I was like heck no! LOL

alandsa- I found that I got everything possible ready for baby, and then she came! So keep fitting in those little touches (like pictures) and she'll come!

There was protein in my urine last week and also decreased platelets in my blood--two of the big things they look for. But that didn't make them recommend anything--not even bed rest or to stop working--they just said they will re-check this week. I don't see the point...I think they would probably only recommend induction if things greatly changed over the last week with is probably unlikely--I'm sure they don't want to be working on Thanksgiving so there most likely wont be an urgency.

I've had everything ready as of Thursday--I wish "being prepared" would be the winning trick. Just have the last minute essentials to throw in my hospital bag like my toothbrush and makeup bag. Hmmmm maybe I will charge my camera battery tonight and see if that helps LOL

Hi ladies,

I'm so sorry I haven't been able to post lately, I just realized there were posts I never replied to :( I was so confused the first couple of weeks :wacko:

Dahlia thank you so much for the chart you posted :flower:

Blakes the old wives tale was true for me, i did get a lot of heartburn on my 3rd tri

Dancing and Klein congrats on your bundles of joy!!:hugs:

Being a single mom is harder than I thought it would be but we're doing ok :thumbup: Today I discovered that the reason why breastfeeding is so painful is because Nathan bites me! as soon as I put my nipple near him he goes crazy and bites :wacko:

I'll stay around for more babies! and also updates :hugs: I am very glad to see everyone is doing great.

Oh! and here :dust: get those contractions going!

Hugs :flower:

Blakesmom - yeah I'm sure they wouldn't induce unless there was great change? I had to go for follow up bloods as they found protein in my urine and liver changes which were actually due to some medication but they didn't put two and two together at first. Would you like to be induced or would you rather wait it out?

Eeek it's my due date today! Thought I could feel some slight niggles but nothing to write home about lol it feels like symptom spotting mania here lol!

EDIT : been having mild pains on my bikini line all day. By this evening I can notice them more easily. Not painful though and easy to forget but apparently my mum started off like that and they ramped up by the night and she gave birth by the lunch time the next day! *gulp* so I'm getting myself a bit excited thinking something could happen but also trying not to get too ahead of myself too lol

Alandsa- I bet it was mania! I hope you're doing well and labor's just around the corner for you. Those pains hopefully are making you dilate. Have you been checked lately for that?

Cata- aw Nathan better be nice to his milk supply! What do you do when he does it? I'd keep my index finger close to his mouth ( for unlatching) in the beginning and ending of each feed in case he pulls/bites.

As time goes on and our babies develop schedules, life should get a little easier. :hugs:

Dahlia - they don't seem to check for dilation here in the UK. They just let you get on with it. But I do have a sweep booked for next week (Monday) as I will be a week overdue then so she would know then i guess

Pains died down yesterday but had period pains last night for most of the night so I'm hoping they turn into something maybe :)

I would rather be induced at this point, but they wont do that until my actual due date as they don't want me to go over due. I'm on bedrest now with the BP issues, but yesterday was my last week of work anyways. I've been having tons of contractions--they just aren't last long enough--or quick enough. I think they told me they needed to be 5 in an hour or 5 minutes apart lasting 1 minute each?? I have an ultrasound on Friday morning--keeping fingers crossed maybe I will have decreased fluid (not to a dangerous level of course!) that would be the only thing that could win me an induction sooner than Wednesday.

Also I haven't been checked for dilation either. They offered on Monday but I still had my pants on since they did the Non stress test first so I felt like it would have been an awkward transition to send her out and then wait for her to come back in--my co-workers thought that might have "started things up" and I should have done it--oh well. I will plan to do it Monday if no action by then I guess....

Blake's and Alandsa- Thinking of you! Fingers are crossed for a start of some sort!

I was never checked, but would have been at the 39 week mark if I had made it that far. I can understand how it's not necessary though

American ladies- Have a happy thanksgiving!

i hope to put up the tree on Friday
:xmas9:

Eat lots of wonderful things for me tomorrow ladies--especially with breastfeeding to extra calories are going to a good cause---Stupid GD isn't going to make for a very fun Thanksgiving. And Blake is convinced his baby brother is coming on Turkey Day--and at this point I hope he is right LOL

Well the contractions are a really god sign already, even if they aren't at regular intervals or the required timings yet. Must mean that things are getting going. Maybe now you are off work your body can concentrate on gearing up for labour?

Hoping Friday brings some good news for you.

Happy thanksgiving to those in America! I must say I don't actually know what it's all about but sounds like its as big a day as Christmas Day is for you guys?

Dahlia - ooh you are going to put your tree up? How exciting! Is that usually done after thanksgiving?

Well I have t much news, thought things were moving last night as my body was getting so Achey and heavy in my hips, back and tummy. Felt like this must be it. My tummy was going hard then soft at intervals for the first time too but then all died down when I rested. So I'm guessing that was braxton hicks lol!

I made some soft chewy double choc chip cookies too yum yum! I'm not really one for baking so I'm taking that as a nesting sign lol

Last night I thought I had something really great going on---tons on pressure in my bum--so I think he dropped--or maybe it was just gas--or a combo of the two, but obviously didn't lead to anything. Thanksgiving is a day all about eating in my opinion--DH and I were talking about it in the car as we were driving to his parents house about whether it is or isn't a religious Holiday. He believes in a small ways it could be viewed that way but I have never thought of Thanksgiving in a religious way.

Then the next day is a HUGE shopping day with tons of sales and stores opening in the wee hours of the night offering the "best deals" to shop early. And often a time when many families start putting up Christmas decorations and trees etc as its a long weekend so a GREAT time to transition into the Holiday festivities once Thanksgiving is over.

Alandsa last weekend I made a bunch of freezer meals to have a good stock of food once babe is here. Also our kitchen cupboards are stocked to the brim as I figured I don't want to have to do a big grocery shopping trip for a few weeks if we can avoid it. I told my co-worker my house needs cleaned but at least we will have food to eat LOL. I said "nesting" sounds like something a bird would do, but getting food gathered seemed like something a mama bear would do--so I figure I'm more of a bear than a bird LOL Your cookies sound AMAZING--I hope they turned out good!

Oh wow that sounds so much fun to have thanksgiving! I love how it leads into Christmas preparations too! Over here in the UK we have Christmas decorations in the shops but people tend to get a bit miserable about Christmas being advertised so early, especially before its actually December lol we usually have our big sales in January once Christmas is over, but it actually would make much more sense to have it in time for buying Christmas presents lol

Ooh the pressure sounds promising! Don't they say that helps dilation? Have you got your appointment today? Hope it goes well :)

Yeah I keep saying I'm nesting but feel like I'm actually just throwing clutter away - so not quite sure what animal that makes me then lol ;)

hey ladies sorry for not checking in sooner. been busy with katrina and figuring out a routine. Breastfeeding has been painful! She latches on ok it seems but my nipples are so sore and cracked. I also think one of my breasts may have a clogged duct or infection but the docs are on thanksgiving vacation i guess cuz i tried to call them. Been to a lactation consultant with WIC and she told me she had a mild tongue tie and lip tie. So i got the tongue tie taken care of but it hasnt seemed to help. My left breast is fine but the right one is always the problem. It makes my toes curl when she latches but once let down occurs i feel better. Hopefully things will get better. I also have trouble getting her to sleep in her bassinet at night. I hate to admit it but half the night she sleeps with me. I know its really bad but its the only way either one of us gets sleep lol. Im working on getting her used to sleeping in the bassinet though.:sleep:

Alandsa- Blake's described Thanksgiving perfectly : )
It's funny, because around here, Christmas decor was being put in the stores the day after Halloween! lol. I don't mind it coming early, just gives me more time to look at Christmas-y stuff and it makes me happy : )

We did some decorating today, but not the tree yet, DH is off work tomorrow so he will drag up the tree from the basement then.

We are getting a free family picture taken at JCPenny tomorrow for their November promotion. It will be the first time all of us will be in a professional picture, so I am looking forward to it. Now I just have to figure out what color combos we will wear.

Blake's and Alandsa- all that pressure is just making me wonder when you're going to pop!
I went grocery shopping the day my water was leaking. I remember taking in all the groceries into the house and that was quite the chore! (Out of breath) lol

Dancing-aw I'm so sorry your nipples hurt! Remember to keep the milk on them and let them "air out" after each feeding. I'm glad you were able to see the LC. Have you read or been told about how to handle a clogged duct? The book my hospital gave me to take home had great pointers for clogged ducts. I believe I've thrown it out though. I think one of the tips was to aim baby's chin at the clogged duct when feeding (might have to get crafty with positioning). Also, do a "round and down" massage motion on the clogged area when starting to feed her.

and oh goodness, Savannah has what I believe is called an "attached upper lip frenulum." (lip tie) and when her teeth come in I can tell they will have a gap btwn the two front teeth. I basically figured it out yesterday and was so stressed about it. Upom reading I know it can cause speech delay, teeth issues, braces. Told DH and he didn't seem to think it was a big deal, but that's because he didn't read about it yet like I did! I'm not sure if DD had it, but she does have a small gap in her two front teeth now, which leads me to believe she might have had a mild lip tie. We never got it clipped if so. Vannah's pediatrician said she might need it clipped later in life and didn't expand more about it, but the more I read about it, the better it is to have clipped earlier, so I don't know what we're going to do, or if she will refer us to an ENT or pediatric dentist to do the clipping, let alone if we NEED to get it clipped. I wrote a post about it yesterday with a pic, and i don't feel like re-living that stress right now : ( But her latch is fine. so I just don't know : (

I'm not sure what else you could do about Katrina's latch. I thought vannah was having latching problems, nit turned out it was just the adjustment of my nipples to breastfeeding. I used to get out of the shower and my nipples would be so sensitive that I hated when the towel accidentally brushed them. But for the last day or two, they haven't been sensitive like that anymore after my showers, so I know they're finally toughening up after 3 weeks.

Vannah will sleep in her bassinet at night, but sometimes at her 4:30 wake up she will do better after and sleep longer if she sleep on my chest or in my arms after that feeding. I have the pillow under my arms and I'm stable and non-mobile, so I don't feel bad about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->