November Rainbows 2016

Edith is adorable! A proper little cutie. We made an appointment for today and it made being seen so much easier, no waiting around for ages. We only get 21 days to register a birth in Scotland so we made the appointment as soon as possible so that it was done and dusted.

We have to book here now. You can't just turn up anymore which is rubbish. They are always really busy though. Our appointment was weeks away but we managed to get a cancellation last Monday.

I've booked her in to become an official person could have gone tomorrow but can't do that so she will be registered on Thursday :flower:

Where do we go ladies now we have had our babies we must have to leave this bored behind soon not that I want to, but is there a November birth group? I feel it would be busy and I would feel a little lost and intimidated by it :shrug:

Oh I dont know, lucasmum. I really love our little group here and agree that I'd be waaay too intimidated by a big November group!

Na just keep it going if you ladies want? Don't think we have to move anywhere? Admins normally move it if it's not allowed. My group I was in with aurora moved to a secret Facebook group once our babies arrived but there's quite a lot of us. Could set one up if anyone wants or just carry on here. I'd miss catching up with you all! :)

I'm happy to stick here if we can. I'd miss hearing from you guys and getting updates on Henry, Edith and Emily. Its been so lovely to have this little group throughout our pregnancies, I'd hate to lose it now just because our little babies are here.

I'm happy to stick here if we can. I'd miss hearing from you guys and getting updates on Henry, Edith and Emily. Its been so lovely to have this little group throughout our pregnancies, I'd hate to lose it now just because our little babies are here.

Exactly this I don't want to leave :flower:

Be weird not having updates from this little group. Glad you ladies are sticking around!

Going to be another long night! Henry wide awake and DH snoring. Add in aurora cutting her molars and that means I'm going to be awake all night :(

Do your little ones use dummies? We tried Henry on one to try settle him between feeds but he's having none of it. I never needed to use one on Zack but aurora took one straight away. Henry just spits it back out. Was hoping he would take to it as he's so unsettled at the moment.

I'm not going anywhere :flower:

No dummy here I did try as she comfort sucks but she spat it at me :dohh:

Not tried dummies yet but I'm getting close to wanting to try with Connor. He seems to be so unsettled these last few nights that I wonder if it would help. I didn't want to use it as early as 9 days old! I had hoped he would be a few weeks before we had to resort to a dummy. I dont know why but I feel a bit rubbish not bring able to soothe him without!

Yea it's comfort sucking here too. But if I try and give him one he pulls a face like I've given him poison and spits it out. Midwives said to persevere but he's having none of it. Don't feel bad Lynanne. If he needs a dummy it's just because some babies need that comfort, it's not anything to do with your parenting skills.

He's actually been ok ish through the night. Managed to get him in his crib for a good few hours.

Crazy we all have our babies now!

Edith is the same I get death glares :haha:

Lynanne if he needs it it's not bad parenting skills at all :hugs:

I know I can't believe they are all here safe and sound :cloud9:

It's Edith's due date today crazy to think she is 10 days old already, she actually sleeps quite well during the night, she has her bum done and a feed anywhere between 2300 and 0000 then goes down in the cot which she took to really well surprisingly everyone moaned saying she needed a crib or basket, sleeps for about 3 to 3.5 hours wakes has her bum changed and a feed and settled back down and sleeping within an hour until about 0700 when Lucas wakes everyone up :wacko: I do her bum feed her and she usually goes back down till 0930-1000ish when we then get ready to face the day :flower:

Is it today you go and get repaired Maryanne if so good luck thinking of you :hugs:

Been out of theatre about 50 mins. All I can say is ouch. I'm up on the ward now for a few hours while the epi wears off and till the doctor checks me over. Then I can go home. Apparently I've had strong painkillers but I'm still in so much pain. Never noticed how much it hurt last time as I had Henry to focus on. Still at least it's done now.

How are you all today? All babies ok I hope.

I'm so jealous of Edith's sleeping! I think Connor is getting worse every day! Last night it literally took hours to settle him and all he did was cry. He'd been changed, fed, winded and cuddled but nothing seemed to work. I felt terrible as I was so exhausted that I ended up leaving DH to it. I was woken by the dog at 5am as she was sick on the bedroom floor and swapped with DH then as he had been sleeping on the couch with Connor sleeping in the pram. I stayed with him, changed and fed him and managed to get us all back to bed by 7am until 9:30am when I got back up, changed him, dressed him, fed him and showered. Phew!

I feel so helpless when he gets all upset! I have wondered if perhaps it's silent reflux or something. He doesn't tend to spit up milk but he does get hiccups A LOT, his tummy gurgles, he isn't always the easiest to wind... All apparently symptoms of silent reflux. I don't know though, wonder if I'm just being a paranoid mummy. The midwife is coming for our last check today so I might mention it to her and see what she says.

Aurora never liked her crib either lucusmum. We had to put her straight in a cot. She would scream the place down in her Moses basket. Only places she would settle were in a big cot bed or in her travel cot downstairs. She liked the room! We did use a sleepyhead in them though.

At least it is done now, maryanne, and hopefully you can be well on your way to recovery soon. Sorry it is causing you pain thou. I don't envy you having to go back through the healing process of stitches!

Ouch I hope the pain goes quickly for you at least it's over now and you can move on from it :flower:

All good here waiting around for the midwife health visitor was supposed to be coming as well but she cancelled until Friday to move free turned up nice and early then took it away again as he wasn't told there would be stairs we live in a first floor flat with out a lift something I made them aware of when ordering but he wasn't told and there was only him told him to leave it at the bottom and my neighbour would let us use his trolley thing and we hold sort it out but he was having none of it so now I've got to wait in another day which will be god knows when for delivery :growlmad: and

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->