November Rainbows 2016

Must try them thanks
I had bad heartburn with Simon too
But he had almost no hair till he was one :)
He is very blond and what little he did hve blended with his skin :)
So in that case wasn't hair the cause I don't think

I've been tackling the house.
Nesting big time in the few hours he is away.
Today I had the Dr so that took up over half of it.
Was half glad to just rest though.
Back to clearing projects tomorrow
I'm pretty conscious i only hve a window to get things sorted
Before second bubby arrives :)
Want to sort stuff before I get huge

What's the story with paint and painting
Is it ok so long as not the wrong kind of paint ?
Inside of my house really needs freshening up

Honestly Lynanne they are like magic. The midwife suggested it last pregnancy and I was dubious but they really do work. Can't take heartburn meds as they make me gag. But yea the love hearts work a treat. Always keep a few packs in the house now.

Hope your ear feels better soon. I hate going to the doctors. I always end up coming away with a cold or bug.

I'm not sure Lilesmom. I've been painting the kitchen and nursery. I just thought you had to make sure it was ventilated? I'm not 100% on that though. I have just been using emulsion paint. But then I probably do a lot of things pregnant women shouldn't do. I get bored waiting for DH to do it and end up doing it myself.

Simes would be stuck in it if around
So I'm thinking maybe if I do a bit every morn he is in achool
Hopefully be mostly dry by time he us home
Its prob grand like y say so long as air

Lilesmom, I painted the baby's room without really thinking about it, both emulsion and gloss. I think so long as you keep the room well ventilated and don't knacker yourself out then it's fine. Make sure not to over stretch or anything that could hurt bump!

Maryanne, I just cant be doing with another appointment so I hope the ear clears up soon. The good news is it doesn't hurt. Just feels like I've stuffed it full of cotton wool!

That sounds like a good plan lilesmom. I do it when Aurora is napping. It's always dry in like an hour.

Did you finish the nursery after Lynanne?

I've still to put up all the other decorations but its all painted and the cot is now in place too. In fact, I still have to sort out the prints for over his cot and assemble his dinosaur mobile. I'll probably post some pictures once I get it all finished. Really should get cracking on with all those bits and pieces soon otherwise he'll be here and they'll never get done!

I'm going to try love hearts Lucas has curly hair with a receding heart line he looked daft lol

I'm pooped :)
Painted the kitchen, cleaned the doors, the fridge, the microwave, floors
Then myself :)
Hee hee.
My house is taking shape a little
But I've loads more mini projects left.
No more today
I'm wrecked

How ye doin xxx

Well you've been much busier than I have today, lilesmom! I've been looking at changing bags and the other last few bits and pieces we need to get before he arrives! Will have a more productive afternoon I think though.

Finally managed to get my ear clear this morning so that's good. It was driving me crazy!

You have been busier than me too! So far this morning I've got the children up and dressed, had a stroll to the shop round the corner and now I'm eating a family size bag of crisps lol. I'm so tired its unreal. Where do you find your energy lilesmom?

Glad your ear is sorted Lynanne. Looking at any nice changing bags? I must admit changing bags are my weakness. DH used to buy me designer handbags but now it's changing bags lol.

I wear myself out while mouse is gone
Then I've no choice but to keep going once he comes home.
:)
Sorted all my papers and files too.
Looking forward to feeling sorted in a week r two time
So I can relax a bit ,

I love bags too.
But hve way less money now I'm not working
Also a sucker for shoes
But cant wear heels anymore cos of bad back
Doh

I haven't found anything I love yet but I'm only giving myself a budget of £25 so I wont be getting anything super fancy. Still haven't done much today. I really ought to get on but I'm feeling so lazy and tired!

I had to give up on heels a long time ago. I can still wear heeled dance shoes for my lessons but any other time I live in my sketchers memory foams. I have far too many changing bags. I don't buy them as I'm not a fan of wasting money but DH does try to spoil me. That's why I'm in charge of the finances 99% of the time or I'd be covered in diamonds with designer bags but we would be homeless :rofl: he's useless with money, if he's not buying me stuff it's the children. Suppose I cant moan that he's so lovely to us, he never buys himself anything, but it makes saving money difficult as he's always spending it. I'd prefer the money in the bank.

We are picking up our new car today!!! Finally. The courtesy car has been great but missed having our own.

The one I hve for Simon is still perfect
Plus I got a nice lilac and grey one with the buggy
So I'm sorted.

We keep our money separate
And share bills etc
Cos Oh is crappy at saving too.
It would only drive me nuts :)

That's good, the pushchair you bought is lovely. I'm trying to find one big enough for two babies but it's hard. The ones I've got now only just fit Auroras things in. I don't care about how it looks or anything, just as long as it's huge.

DH isn't the best at saving. Is it just a guy thing?? I can't complain too much though because he's the one that supports us - and treats us to nice things when he can. That being said, I'm the one that budgets everything. I make sure that he has enough money to cover the bills and such before he starts spending money on himself, or us. To be fair he treats me just as much as he treats himself which is lovely. We will be eligible for Child Benefit and Tax Credits which we will claim but that will come to me to take care of Monkey's needs and then contribute to bills. I'd love to be able to save a little a month, even if it is only a tiny amount a month, to put towards to a larger deposit for our next house or holidays or something.

It must be a man thing. I can't even let DH down to our local shop with his bank card or he will spend a fortune on sweets and football stickers. Along with a million other things we don't need. Saturday he went to the supermarket and came home with two huge boxes of washing powder. He said it was on sale and only cost £40 but seriously it's enough for like two years. Plus we didn't even need washing powder, we needed milk and nappies, both of which he forgot. Let's just say I wasn't amused. To make matters worse the boxes are so big that they don't even fit in any of our cupboards so now they are stuck on the dining table for the foreseeable future. I could kill him sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->