November Rainbows 2016

I have had another pretty bad headache today so much so it actually made me sick this morning. It's gotten better but it still hurts in and off even now. I don't feel like myself at all and I hate it. I've heard that bad headaches can be a sign of high blood pressure but I had mine take yesterday at the midwife appointment and she said it was fine. According to my maternity notes it was 126-78. Totally don't know what to do with myself or whether or not to phone the maternity assessment phone line. Just want to feel better already!

I've had a few bad headaches but they have gone with paracetamol if it worries you then it can't hurt to phone and see what they say :hugs:

I'm getting a baby shower nothing much tea and biscuits and an excuse for us not to do much work for the day in the office my boss and training manager organised it today it's not till 20th October but I'm actually excited about it :cloud9:

Need to have a serious chat with OH about medicating Lucas as we were both so dead set against it but as it stands I feel like we would be really failing him if we don't at least give it a go and see what happens but I'm not sure on his opinion on it yet we never seem to get 5 mins alone never mind having a serious talk going to try and pin him down tonight whilst Lucas has training :flower:

Had a check up with the diabetic midwife today I keep hearing about whooping cough jabs and wasn't sure if I'm supposed to get it so was good to clear that up and the GBS swab will only be done if something is picked up at my 36 week swabs that I didn't know I was getting :wacko: and I will only be in hospital for 24 hours :happydance: so no need for the giant sized suitcase I was thinking I may need :blush:

Hope you enjoyed swimming lilesmom. I'd love a trip to the pool but no longer fit in my maternity swimming costume. Not buying another now. Hope your little man enjoyed nursery today

I'm suffering from headaches too Lynanne. They suck. I took some paracetamol earlier mine was so bad. You should be ok if your urine and bloods were done yesterday but keep an eye on it. If it carries on id give your midwife a ring for advice. Are you drinking enough water?

I'm taking a huge suitcase lucusmum haha. Seriously it's massive. But when I was in having Aurora I wasn't very well prepared and had to keep sending DH home. So this time I've packed plenty. Hoping for a quick stay but I've prepared in case I have to stay longer like last time.

Consultant appointment went well. She's leaving though so means I'm seeing a new consultant next time which makes me nervous. I don't really want to see someone new so close to the end :/

Lynanne cant hurt to ring
But I know my sis got terrible headaches when preg with my niece and all was finr
Hve u had iron checked lately?
Could be that if low xx
If ur bp was fine yest, its prob fine .
Usually if high u would feel symptoms
But not always I suppose xxx
Hope u feel better soon xx

Aw that's nice your getting a shower Lucas mom xxx
Won't be long coming around xxx
Enjoy xx

If u tried medicating and it didn't suit
Ye can always go back to not
Hugs xx
Do u think its baby related phase that might pass
Or something that has been escalating for awhile.
Its a tough call xxx

Swimming was lovely Maryanne
But I'm still wrecked today :)
I'm bursting out of my swimsuit :)
Its a normal regular one.
But I don't hve the dosh to spare for a new one for just a few weeks.
I just about get away with it I think :)

I saw my consultant once.
Its different Drs on his team I see everytime I go now.
I wasn't mad about him anyway to be honest.
Was really rushed and a bit dismissive.
It sucks if its someone u like and trust your losing though xx

Heartburn id kicking my ass
But its my own fault.
Weather has been awful
And I haven't been walking
So I'm more tired
And not myself.
I could go if raining before cos mouse would stay under buggy plastics
Now he bawls if he is covered up
So can only go when he isn't covered.
Plus my bump keeps hurting when I walk more than a little bit
I'm not sure if muscles or bh or what
But it doesn't make me feel like exercising :)
I'm a moan today.

Mouse in terrible form.
Its lashing all day.
Bllleeeuurrggghh.
:)

But 30 weeks today :)

Oh I hadn't thought of it being iron, lilesmom. I haven't had iron tested for about month. It was fine then but everything can change a lot in that time! Not so much my BP in less that 24 hours surely! I haven't been taking any iron supplements as they made me feel really sick early on bit I have some from pre pregnancy so I've taken them today to see if they help. If I don't have more headaches then it's quite possibly that, if not I'll ask the assessment line.

I haven't taken them fir the same reason.
This time it's staying within range
But with Simon it dipped
My main signs were headaches and tiredness
Hope the iron helps xxx

63 ish days to go.
Looking forward to getting my section date :)

Thanks lilesmom. It is certainly worth a try. I just don't think it is my BP after I had it tested on Thursday and it was fine (126/78, I think) apparently 140/100 or something is considered high. Here's hoping that's all it is, I can sort it simply myself and I don't have to have another appointment!

I noticed the other day that I am almost under 50 days to my due date and I have yo be honest my heart jumped! Why does that seem so close all of a sudden. Then again this time next wee we can say our babies are due next month!!

Wohoo! I'm literally getting so excited now. If I happened to go three weeks early again that's 4 weeks away!!! It's only 7 weeks till full term.

Feels like ages some days
And nothing others.
We will all hve new bubs fairly soon :)
Xxx

So this conversation happened here tonight

Me "think I'm having branston hicks"

OH "I don't think you are"

Me "yes because you no everything I feel I suppose the siatic pain isn't that either"

OH "nope I agree actually the siatic pain is probably siatic but I do not think for one moment your getting branston hicks"

Me (quite moody by now) "ahhh yes sorry forgot your a pregnancy expert and you moonlight as a midwife, twat"

OH (laughing quite a lot now) "maybe just maybe your having braxton hicks"

Me (quite sheepishly) "oh yeah maybe they are the ones" :rofl:

Another busy weekend has clearly melted my brain :haha:

Had to go into London again today for another of Lucas' games and another win for the team, that's the hardest two teams in the league we have now played and wiped the floor with them makes for a boring season if they are going to win everything :wacko:

Men :rofl: mine thinks he's a bit of an expert too now. He keeps asking me if I'm practising my breathing ready for labour. Yes darling of course I am, because breathing totally takes away the pain of pushing a human out of your vagina lol.

Glad all is going well with Lucus, sounds as if you never get a quiet weekend though!

Busy weekend for us but we are now 100% ready for baby. Hospital case is even in the car ready. I'm officially nervous now!

Headaches seem to be disappearing again. Friday was particularly awful with the migraine that lasted almost 10 hours but other than a 30 minute headache (not migraine!!) yesterday I've been fine this weekend. I'm definitely giving the iron supplements a go right now to see if that's what makes the difference. If they come back or are migraine strength again though I'll be calling up the assessment line and getting someone to check my BP again. I just can't see how it could be that though when I got my first bad headache literally about an hour after I had my BP taken. I'm just trying to take everything easy now anyway as I'm finding lugging him about gets tiring quickly nowadays. That will be good for my BP too!

:rofl: Lucasmum! I feel like my brain has been all over the place this weekend so I know how you feel! Good for Lucas' team winning. I really wish he could pass on some of his winning luck to my team this season!

maryanne, That is so exciting that you have everything ready now!! I've still to get a couple of tiny things - oh and a room thermometer! - but I'm almost there. Really ought to sort getting everything together properly for the hospital bag but it all seems a bit overwhelming to be honest! Must not bury my head in the sand much longer!!

Haha Lucas mom
My brain is mush too.
Funny though :)

Maryanne ur very organised.
I got a few bits and then stalled
Must get on it soon.

Lynanne glad ur feeling better.
Hope they stay away now for u.

Had 30 week check today
She thought heart rate was high.
But she is often high
Mine runs high myself
She was fine just now on the doppler
She just said keep an eye on it myself
If it stayed high go to hosp.
But its grand again.
Head is back down in my pubic bone.
I decide on section
And she gets herself ready.
Blah :)

Cooked lots today.
Loads of yummy stuff!!!

Glad the headaches have calmed down Lynanne! Defo get checked over if they carry on. BP can change really quickly. Don't worry on my first i was still packing the morning I was induced. I'm only organised now as the children take up so much of my time that I have to get things ready well in advance when I have time. It makes me less nervous being prepared too. For some reason I'm suffering really badly with anxiety at the moment. Had a panic attack last week which was odd as I've never suffered with anything like this before. Have a doctors appointment about it tomorrow. Hope it stops soon.

Lilesmom Henry's heart beat is always pretty fast too. Especially if he's moving. When im on the monitors in hospital it constantly beeps to say it's too high but on the scans his heart is fine so they just said that's normal for him. Like you my heart rate is higher than normal. Must follow me. Hope your little man is doing well today? What did you cook?

You lot make me feel very disorganised though that's not hard I'm the most disorganised person I know it drives OH crazy I still need near enough everything I've been putting it off and off instead all I bought was pretty pink clothes still need loads though :wacko: time to make a list of what we still need tonight (she says this time tomorrow list still won't be done)

No more branston hicks today :rofl:

Totally put my foot n it today saw a friend walking in the wind with lots of balloons so shouted out the car at her to keep a tight hold or they will blow away it dawned on me a bit later that they were to be released in memory of her daughter who would have been 15 today felt awful and messaged her she was so sweet telling me I didn't upset her or anything but I've felt terrible all day about :(

Keep getting a chance to read but not reply
Sorry xx

The hosp weren't worried about the higher heart rate when they did the trace
So I'm gonna try forget about it too :)
I'm starting to hate getting Dr checks.
Last time it was low fluid that isn't badly low
This time it was heart rate, which is ok too.
I know they r being cautious
But I'm just thinking things r grand when they throw in something else.

I cooked lasagne
Which was delicious but gave me mega heartburn!!!
Gammon and cabbage and carrots.
And cheese burgers.
I was really mad for meat yest.
Very unlike me

Lucas mom I'm sure ur friend realised no harm meant xxx
Hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members