~~~~November Sparkler 2010~~~~

Had my 2nd U/S for confirmation today and she is still definitely a girl!! My little Bryelle McKenna!!! She is camera shy and everytime the tech tried to take a profile shot and face shot, she hid! She kept her hands AND feet by her head! Lol So, all I got were potty shots today! She better let me see her pretty face on Sept 24th for my 4D!!!

I have gained 7 lbs total now. :cry: I hate having to gain weight!! Lol. At least it is not a lot but still! Lol I also go in on August 30th for that nasty gestational screening! Blech!! :sick:

Awh welcome to team :pink: So perfect, 1 boy and 1 girl :D
I love her name too!
And what is gestational screening? You sound so excited about it i just have to know!..xx

silas- what is the Child Health Contest? is it like a beauty pageant or modeling or something? I hope he does well- he is a cutie! Where did you see that purple nursery its adorable! We have been looking for something new- maybe i should show it to DH

No, the winners are based off the Child's overall health. So when you go for the screening they check their weight, height, head circumference. Then the doctor looks them over and checks their muscle control, balance, their ears, eyes and throat etc. Basically do a well child check for free. And then tonight is the results for the contest, which is at 7pm. It used to be based off looks and personality, but they changed it a couple years ago to this.

And for the nursery it is: https://www.eviesbabyboutique.co.uk/jacana-separates-149-p.asp

But if you do a search for the bedding on a search engine, other places that sell it come up. Like Babies R Us and such.

I love her name too!
And what is gestational screening? You sound so excited about it i just have to know!..xx

I think she means the test for gestational diabetes. Only by the blech she put at the end haha!! I have mine on the 16th :( have to fast for 12 hours, they take bloods and u have to drink a horrid sweet glucose drink.

I love her name too!

I think she means the test for gestational diabetes. Only by the blech she put at the end haha!! I have mine on the 16th :( have to fast for 12 hours, they take bloods and u have to drink a horrid sweet glucose drink.

Anna - The drink is horrid, but not so bad the first time you drink it. Atleast it was not for me. But with my DS I had to take the 3 hour test, and oh dear it was so much more worse that time! Plus you can't eat before you go, than you can eat for the 3 hours either. That stuff was just sitting on my stomach, I was ready to just vomit everywhere! It was horrid. :nope:

I hope none of you ladies have to take the 3 hour test .. including me. I don't want to take it again.:wacko:

Mine is on the 16th too Anna...:growlmad:

I had one done at 13 weeks aswell..blimin nasty yucky things...they leave me with a pounding headache for a day or two afterwards!!

I have mine the 17th. I am definitely not drinking/eating anything with sugar in it for fear of failing again. In the US they don't tell us not to eat anything before the first test, just the second. But I may just deal with it and not eat anything for atleast 3 hours before the test. (Since my test is not until 3:30 pm)

They tend to do them at 9am here in the UK because of the fasting aspect, they know it is easier on a preggo lady to fast overnight, so we are lucky in that sense.

They do an intitial finger prick here then the bloods, then the drink, and another blood test 2 hours later, they don't let you walk around much in those 2 hours as they say it uses up the sugar restores...I wasn't even allowed a drink of water whilst waiting for the second blood test...it's not the nicest of experiences...but worth it for a healthy bubba!! :thumbup:

They never done a glaucous test last time on me and probably not this time. I cant take the caffein as they asked me to drink luzacade . They dont really make any one do it here. I seen a midwife today for a grand total of 2 mins, bp tested, wee tested heart beat heard and good bye.

Mine is cos my mum is diabetic and my sister developed gd in her first pregnancy. Altho yesterday I asked the midwife if anything was showing up in my wee and she said no so the lielihood is I won't have it buthis is a more thorough test the the pee test :)

you&me how rude mine is at 9.15am!!! I have that extra 15 mins to wait :haha:

sorry about my awful nonsensical typos but I have sausage fingers on y iPhone!! Cannot wait to get my bloody internet reconnectted!!

My dad is and my gran was diabetic to but to be honest I think my bro and sis will get diabetes they eat sugar like air!

I love her name too!

Thanks Love! i've been on Team :pink: But wanted a higher % of the gender since they were only 75%-80% sure it was a girl at 18+3 Weeks. :hugs: I got my confirmation! I'll post it on here after I take a nap. :haha:

I have mine the 17th. I am definitely not drinking/eating anything with sugar in it for fear of failing again. In the US they don't tell us not to eat anything before the first test, just the second. But I may just deal with it and not eat anything for atleast 3 hours before the test. (Since my test is not until 3:30 pm)

They told me I have to fast which is fine anyways because I hate eating before I get weighed! :haha:

I am so scared of throwing that stuff back up. LOL AND I don't want to be there FOREVER! I will bring a book! LOL

Although your appointment only lasted a few minutes, I think it is very neat that a midwife can come to your house and all. I mean, I wish they offered things like that in the US tbh. As well as I wish he had free health care, lol. But doubt that ever happens for us!

I love her name too!

Thanks Love! i've been on Team :pink: But wanted a higher % of the gender since they were only 75%-80% sure it was a girl at 18+3 Weeks. :hugs: I got my confirmation! I'll post it on here after I take a nap. :haha:

They told me I have to fast which is fine anyways because I hate eating before I get weighed! :haha:

I am so scared of throwing that stuff back up. LOL AND I don't want to be there FOREVER! I will bring a book! LOL

Perhaps it is different throughout the country then, I don't really doubt it! But yes, I hated the 3 hour test. I was so bored ... and I never knew how many annoying people were in a doctor's office waiting room before that day, lol.

I love her name too!

Perhaps it is different throughout the country then, I don't really doubt it! But yes, I hated the 3 hour test. I was so bored ... and I never knew how many annoying people were in a doctor's office waiting room before that day, lol.

:rofl: Oh man! Just waiting today I was 20 mins past my appt time and I was getting irritated. People stare too much! I HATE being stared at! I will develop an attitude and mean look if I get stares continuously! :haha:

Although your appointment only lasted a few minutes, I think it is very neat that a midwife can come to your house and all. I mean, I wish they offered things like that in the US tbh. As well as I wish he had free health care, lol. But doubt that ever happens for us!

I appreciated it big time and she knew that as I cant get to the surgery they open for one hour a week and I have no way there. She was ok to come out even though they do not do that for anyone! they did it every day of my last preg near the end for me to. I know they are swamped and hard to get a hold of but no pressure on them if they could they could I was ok to wait. So cant complain, she done all she was meant to perhaps didnt stay as long due to loads to do and me knowing from last time and having no complications etc. She volunteered to come up next time at 31 weeks to, I wasnt expecting her to do that as I said hopefully by then my oh will have driving done but its unlikely as his theory test is next month and its like a week after that.

My friend has donated a car to us though, she needs to get it fixed and brought here though so thats one less worry I am pleased about. She is to good of a friend and wish I could ever repay her for what she has done over the years for me.

Lenka, do we have the same due date?! :)

Ginger1 happy V Day! :hugs:

majm, you and Lenka have the same due date as me I think :D 30th November.
Babys kicks seem to have become a lot stronger over the last few days! It makes me giggle sometimes.

https://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/SDC10361.jpg

Little kitty!

is that seriously a kitten? Its paws look really big! Where's its mother? :s So cute though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->