~~~~November Sparkler 2010~~~~

I have my glucose test at 8.30 on tuesday then a growth scan on wednesday. For those that have it, take a big bottle of original lucozade then you won't have to drink the hospitals solution. It should be the same at all hospitals but thats definetly what they tell you to do at mine. Saves drinking the nasty stuff although if you forget the lucozade there is no escaping it!

Anna~ I do not think of use as ungreatful, we live in different countries and have different concerns, when it comes to money. I do find those of you overseas lucky, as you guys have better medical coverage and great Mat pay/time off.

Im going to be talking to my mom after work today, to see if she can help me out when it comes to buying groceries and what not, I'm sure she will help out.

As for maternity pay, I get short term disability (which kicks in 8 days after Jaxon is born, as its treated as an illness) for 6 weeks, which equals out to be half of the pay I have right now, I can then take an additional 6 weeks off unpaid, as FMLA gives me 12 wks total. Im lucky to have that, as my best friend isnt getting any mat pay at all.

Thanks Hun :) I know in the past some of us 'brits' have been accused of being selfish cos we have it better than many people in the world. Bur you are right we all live to out indiviual means and no matter what maternity package we get we are all going to struggle to some degree!!

I really hope your mum helps you out Hun, nothing worse than stressing about things. Just make sure you stay healthy and as happy as u can and we are all here for u to rant at :) xx

Wow you girls talk soo much, had 15+ pages to catch up on!

Anna, yay for getting your Mat Pay sorted :thumbup:

Congrats to everyone who has reach viability or 3rd tri, not long long to go now.

My V-day was yesterday, so happy I've managed to get this far :)

Joseph did great in the Child's Health Contest! He won 1st in his class, which was 6 months to 1 year. Then since he won 1st he qualified for the Grand Champion, so we had to wait. Then he won the Grand Champion for boys as well! :happydance:

Of course, to be fair, there were only 3 boys in his class division. And then there was around 3 other boys I think for the Grand Champion from ages 1-4 years. But I am still very proud! :D

He won $4 and got a ribbon that says Grand Champion. :)
Of course, all Joseph wanted to do was eat his ribbon! Lol. :dohh:

But here are a few pictures. No, I don't look too happy as it was 90 degrees F (which I think is around 32 degrees C ??) and they started late ... bleh. But I was cheering inside a whole lot. (Plus I had to peeee!! :nope:)

My OH ran off and I left my cousin to take pictures of his class, but she did not know how to work my camera ... I got a picture of some of the chairs, lol. :dohh:

The first picture is his competition for Grand Champion. The little girl is the Grand Champion for girls, and Joseph was trying to put the moves on her! :haha:

Attachments

• 100_3370.jpg
    100_3370.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_3373.jpg
    100_3373.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_3375.jpg
    100_3375.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 12
Wow you girls talk soo much, had 15+ pages to catch up on!

I know right?!
I never seem to be able to keep up with this thread! And congrats on ur vday btw :happydance:
I just sorted out all the baby presents i've been given, blankets, clothes, toys etc etc and i'm officially ridiculously excited. I want her here now!

And its my birthday today! Went for a lovely meal and few [non alcoholic] drinks with the girlies last night and am being spoilt by OH today! :D Lucky me..xx

Hi coco, yes you did read right, it sure is a relief I can tell u :)

Yey, congrats!!! So pleased for you ! I have a task to sort out my replacement for when I am off on Maternity :( Need either agncy in of find someone who wants to cover me and teach them what and how to do things here.....heh.....

Happy Birthday MissMammaToBe. I hope you have a great day!

SilasLove how cute is your little boy? No wonder he won! Congrats, a very proud mummy you must be!
And thank you Bartness..xx

Joseph did great in the Child's Health Contest! He won 1st in his class, which was 6 months to 1 year. Then since he won 1st he qualified for the Grand Champion, so we had to wait. Then he won the Grand Champion for boys as well! :happydance:

Of course, to be fair, there were only 3 boys in his class division. And then there was around 3 other boys I think for the Grand Champion from ages 1-4 years. But I am still very proud! :D

He won $4 and got a ribbon that says Grand Champion. :)
Of course, all Joseph wanted to do was eat his ribbon! Lol. :dohh:

But here are a few pictures. No, I don't look too happy as it was 90 degrees F (which I think is around 32 degrees C ??) and they started late ... bleh. But I was cheering inside a whole lot. (Plus I had to peeee!! :nope:)

My OH ran off and I left my cousin to take pictures of his class, but she did not know how to work my camera ... I got a picture of some of the chairs, lol. :dohh:

The first picture is his competition for Grand Champion. The little girl is the Grand Champion for girls, and Joseph was trying to put the moves on her! :haha:

Wow! Congratulations on the Winner!! It's something that doesn't happen here in UK (I ve never heard of it anyway). I bet you are the proudest mum! Just need to cheer up on pics! xx

=) seems like ages until he will be here =)) but i cant wait... Bartness i hope it all gets figured out for you =(( if i could help yah i would.. economy these days is CRAP..

And thanks everyone:happydance:

Congrats Silas!

bartness, I don't see why the hospital wouldn't work out a payment plan with you. I got a bill too earlier this year and only sent them $100 and they just sent me another bill the next month with the balance and it was automatically deferred to a payment plan with no late charges or finance charges. They ought to be happy you're paying something at all!!

Congratulations Silas...and Happy Birthday Mammatobe :flower:

I am 2 days away from 3rd tri :wacko: I don't know about pooping myself in labour...I am about ready to now!! Scary!!! Exciting!!

Congratulations Silas :happydance:

Happy Birthday Mammatobe :cake:

I read a thread somewhere, where someone was saying how worried that they were about pooing themselves during labour! Made funny reading - but it sounds like its very common!! :blush:

Lol xx

i heard it was very common to but i never had that problem thankfully and i hope i dont this time as well haha

cool silas, and whats a child heath contest anyway? happy birthday to all the birthdays I missed! this thread goes so quick now I am replying I cant even remember what i was going to day. baby brain!

cool silas, and whats a child heath contest anyway? happy birthday to all the birthdays I missed! this thread goes so quick now I am replying I cant even remember what i was going to day. baby brain!

The winners are based off the Child's overall health. So when you go for the screening they check their weight, height, head circumference. Then the doctor looks them over and checks their muscle control, balance, their ears, eyes and throat etc. Basically do a well child check for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->