~~~~November Sparkler 2010~~~~

Hey bartness, have you also looked into WIC maybe? I think they can give you vouchers while still pregnant.

I have looked into WIC, and do not qualify, Im about $100 above the cut off for benefits. Makes me want to cry, but not much I can do but count on my parents to help out, thank God they are willing!

Man that really sucks! You hear about people that abuse the system (get their items and then resell them) and then there are others who can really use the help but do not qualify.

I know, its so frustrating. I used to cashier at a walmart, and you saw people abusing the system all the time, and then you see people counting change for milk and it just isnt fair.

I do not feel well at all today! Ugh ... its terrible. My stomach is so queasy .. feel like I should be in first trimester still today!!

Bartness that is weird... hmmm im on wic for my daughter and for this pregnancy as it helps us save and pay our credit card off.. and we have enough to get by without it as i stopped getting it as most of the food goes to waste as its WAY WAY WAY to much food for 3 people.. so im really not getting why you do not qualify.. but i also did hear that all military qualify so maybe thats why i was able to get it for the few months i did.. im sure if you talked to them and told them your situation they would be able to help you out some how.. id give u my wic if u lived closer =)):hugs:

I'm just above the cut off for qualifing. They dont take into consideration living costs and bills. I would be ok right now if I didnt have that stupid hospital bill from my ER visit, my car payment, or student loans. Its mostly the hospital bill giving me a hard time. I am very cheap (I mean I dont eat out, ever, I always cook from scratch as its cheaper...etc..) and hardly spend money, unless its a necessity.

I looked into WIC right after I got pregnant (as I had just got a pay cut at work, and was freaking out), and was shocked to see I didnt qualify and by so little. But eh, so is life.

Had my docs appoitment, heard Jaxon's heart beat (its good and strong, and he was kicking at the doppler). My glucose test will be in 4 weeks. Wow.

Bartness, I'm so sorry Love! :cry: I really wish they would let you!! That is absolutely ridiculous!!! What if you were to go try again?? Can you??

Im a hundred dollars above cut off for myself, but I double checked for after Jaxon arrives....and I will be well below the cut off once the little guy arrives. So I plan on applying for it again after Jaxon arrives, as I plan to brestfeed, and supliment with forumla we should both qualify then.

wow rent is sooooo low where yall live haha i wish i lived there =)).. we live in a town house about 20 miles from Washington dc and rent is HORRIBLE.. near this military base but we have no choice.. i hate our neighbors and everyone haha =) its a yearly lease.. we pay $1,150 a month without counting utilities that are about $300 or so we have a 3 bedroom 2 bath 3 level town house.. and they do have to give u notice here 30 days in advance for eviction although im not sure what the uk or any other place is like..

We pay $895 for our 3bed/2.5 bath townhouse here. Electricity is $300 a month in the Summertime. Water is $50 a month. Plus Cable bills. We LOST BAH moving here because apparently the "Cost of Living" is cheaper but it was WAY cheaper in Savannah, GA at Hunter Army Airfield!!! We ATE Ft. Rucker! This place SUCKS!!! LOL

LOL yeah haha =)) dont u just love the military and where they decide to stick yah haha..

Well, Yes, we hated Savannah and hate this place so we need to get a good PCS next! LOL

Haha i hated 29 palms California now Virginia blahh =) hopefully this is our last place because hub gets out in 2013 in September.. after his 5 years in Cali and 4 here booo =))

okay ladies- just to compare- we live in a 1800 sq feet townhome with 3 beds and our rent is.....$2000 but then again the military BAH covers it for us! We moved from Va Beach and we were only paying 820 for pretty much the same house and never paid more than 100 in utilities!

wow rent is sooooo low where yall live haha i wish i lived there =)).. we live in a town house about 20 miles from Washington dc and rent is HORRIBLE.. near this military base but we have no choice.. i hate our neighbors and everyone haha =) its a yearly lease.. we pay $1,150 a month without counting utilities that are about $300 or so we have a 3 bedroom 2 bath 3 level town house.. and they do have to give u notice here 30 days in advance for eviction although im not sure what the uk or any other place is like..

We pay $895 for our 3bed/2.5 bath townhouse here. Electricity is $300 a month in the Summertime. Water is $50 a month. Plus Cable bills. We LOST BAH moving here because apparently the "Cost of Living" is cheaper but it was WAY cheaper in Savannah, GA at Hunter Army Airfield!!! We ATE Ft. Rucker! This place SUCKS!!! LOL

LOL yeah haha =)) dont u just love the military and where they decide to stick yah haha..

Well, Yes, we hated Savannah and hate this place so we need to get a good PCS next! LOL

Haha i hated 29 palms California now Virginia blahh =) hopefully this is our last place because hub gets out in 2013 in September.. after his 5 years in Cali and 4 here booo =))

okay ladies- just to compare- we live in a 1800 sq feet townhome with 3 beds and our rent is.....$2000 but then again the military BAH covers it for us! We moved from Va Beach and we were only paying 820 for pretty much the same house and never paid more than 100 in utilities!

In Savannah Our electric bill average was $150/month. Here Our last bill was $300. :growlmad: We lost about $300 in BAH when we moved here too.

I was up all night peeing! wtf! about 6 times my bladder was full and I wasnt even drinking anything.

Just too make you jealous I only pay £170 for my mortgage on my 3 bed house - which is approx $270!! I just got lucky by choosing a variable mortgage rate right before the rates plummeted!! I used to pay £650 a month - but they dropped so much I save nearly £500 a month!! Its awesome!!! :happydance:

Lol xx

You lucky moo! Cor what we would do to be only paying that lol. We currenly pay £600 a month on a 2 bed and thats excluding council tax! We will be moving to a 3 bed though so our rent will be going up by about £150! :(

£190 one off payment you get when your 25 weeks plus pregnant to eat healthy during pregnancy. regardless of your income . You do not have to pay it back, and after 29 weeks you can get £500 if your on certain benefits or earn below an amount grant. These will not be here next year this is the last year they are doing them as the government have cut it out.

oooohhhh don't get me started on the surestart grant! I HATE HATE HATE it!!! How the hell is it fair that people who 'live on benefits' get a tax free one off £500 payment that really comes out of tax payers money!? So glad they are scrapping this! Can't do it soon enough in my opinion!

Just too make you jealous I only pay £170 for my mortgage on my 3 bed house - which is approx $270!! I just got lucky by choosing a variable mortgage rate right before the rates plummeted!! I used to pay £650 a month - but they dropped so much I save nearly £500 a month!! Its awesome!!! :happydance:

Lol xx

You lucky moo! Cor what we would do to be only paying that lol. We currenly pay £600 a month on a 2 bed and thats excluding council tax! We will be moving to a 3 bed though so our rent will be going up by about £150! :(

We're lucky too - I originally bought my 4 bed end terrace for £35k before the market went nuts and even though I have had to remortgage to buy my XOH out (should never have put him on in the first place) we still only pay £300 pcm!

Lol xx

We're lucky too - I originally bought my 4 bed end terrace for £35k before the market went nuts and even though I have had to remortgage to buy my XOH out (should never have put him on in the first place) we still only pay £300 pcm!

That is good! We can't afford to buy our own place and are unlikely to ever be able to! :( All the time we rent we can't afford to save for a mortgage - its pants

Lol xx

That is good! We can't afford to buy our own place and are unlikely to ever be able to! :( All the time we rent we can't afford to save for a mortgage - its pants

Rubbish isnt it - I would LOVE a big garden for the kids but its just not feasible if we want to keep four bedrooms - unless we win the lottery of course ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->