~~~~November Sparkler 2010~~~~

congrats rowley!!!!!! im so excited for mine next week! and baby mama is AMAZING! i laugh so hard i almost pee my pants every time! :D

I joined the fb group - I'm Lindsey. Haven't announced my news on fb yet (although most of my good friends on there know) - didn't want to until I've told my class at school, which I plan to do on Friday. Dreading it!

hinkybinky - I's so sorry but I LOL'ed at that!! Talk about timing!!

I'm year 1,2. I think I have to wait for headteacher before I tell my class, I'm not gonna lie if someone figures it out though. I'm guessing it'll be when the reports go out next month though. When are you starting mat leave? I'm going back just for September then going back this time next year, so no class for me I'll just do cover and interventions.

I'm year 1,2. I think I have to wait for headteacher before I tell my class, I'm not gonna lie if someone figures it out though. I'm guessing it'll be when the reports go out next month though. When are you starting mat leave? I'm going back just for September then going back this time next year, so no class for me I'll just do cover and interventions.

I asked deputy head if there was any protocol about me telling class, she said as they are not affected (i.e. I'm not leaving half-way through the year or whatever) I could choose my moment!

I'm going back just for Sept too, leaving on 1st Oct. Same thing for me, just doing cover and group work, I'm MFL co-ordinator so I've suggested doing some training and team-teaching with that as we are just introducing it in Sept. Tryng to find myself bits and pieces to do, before they scrabble around to find things for me!

My 39 weeks works out that I'll just go back for 2 weeks in July 2011 before summer hols, so the timing is pretty well perfect!

I'm in that scrabbling around situation too. I said I'd go back for the last half term as my keystage leader says they prefer if you go back at a half term, had she nit said that I was gonna do same as you. I'm ICT leader and lots I can try to organise there, I wrote an action plan and everything :)

You'll have to let us know how the class take it!

Lindsey I nearly wrote something on youe fb about your pregnancy the other day but didn't cos I saw you hadn't mentioned it!! Kids at my school have known for ages but secondary is different and I seemigly have a very big mouthed music teacher who annouced it. Spread like wild fire then and I was about 15 weeks :growlmad:

But I couldn't hide it now anyway, it is too obvious! I plan to leave at October half term (so will be 371/2 weeks) and go back after May half term so will take about 7 months. It is dependent on mat pay which I am none the wiser on at the moment :( all I know is I need my mw to 'bend the truth' on my matb1. But I am going to argue that pregnancy can be up to 42 weeks and if I go overdue I will be mighty fucked off.

The mw last week (not my normal one) seemed very sympathetic and hopeful she would do it. Who knows :)

The mat pay is pretty good if I've read the Burgundy Book properly, you can google it and have a read.

Oh lindsey i didnt kno u havent announced yet ooopsss i hope i havent written ne thing over the last wks xxx

Forgot to say as my brain is now a sive lol how is everyone xx

Oh lindsey i didnt kno u havent announced yet ooopsss i hope i havent written ne thing over the last wks xxx
Haha, no problem, I'm sure you haven't anyway... it's not a secret as such, just haven't mentioned it in my own status updates. Just in case any 'friends of friends' are parents at the school, I don't want to be playground gossip!

I said I'd go back for the last half term as my keystage leader says they prefer if you go back at a half term, had she nit said that I was gonna do same as you.

I just spoke directly to the head and said I was taking my full 39 weeks paid entitlement. His PA worked it out from there and told me when I'd be due back... f I were you I'd wait til I was off and then 'change my mind'!

Will let you know how it goes with the kids :)

Oh yes i get wat u mean, hey did u get baby shower invite jus incase we dont get chance to meet up in summer hols could def meet up then xxx

But I couldn't hide it now anyway, it is too obvious! I plan to leave at October half term (so will be 371/2 weeks) and go back after May half term so will take about 7 months. It is dependent on mat pay which I am none the wiser on at the moment :( all I know is I need my mw to 'bend the truth' on my matb1. But I am going to argue that pregnancy can be up to 42 weeks and if I go overdue I will be mighty fucked off.

The mw last week (not my normal one) seemed very sympathetic and hopeful she would do it. Who knows :)

That's good news then, hopefully you'll be able to wangle it so that you can get the full entitlement. Seems so unfair that you miss out by a matter of days. Especially since you'll have been there well over a year when you take your mat leave.

I said I'd go back for the last half term as my keystage leader says they prefer if you go back at a half term, had she nit said that I was gonna do same as you.

I just spoke directly to the head and said I was taking my full 39 weeks paid entitlement. His PA worked it out from there and told me when I'd be due back... f I were you I'd wait til I was off and then 'change my mind'!

Will let you know how it goes with the kids :)

yeah I can change my mind if I need to :) see how money goes.

Oh yes i get wat u mean, hey did u get baby shower invite jus incase we dont get chance to meet up in summer hols could def meet up then xxx

Yeah, sorry I forgot to reply. Will do so now x (brain? sieve? anyone? :wacko:)

The mat pay is pretty good if I've read the Burgundy Book properly, you can google it and have a read.

I miss it by 9 days :( so would just get normal stat pay.

I have moaned enough about it already :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->