~~~~November Sparkler 2010~~~~

good luck with the manual breast pump- i never had good luck with them! although i never pumped too much because it took more time than just latching dd on. plus i didnt work so i didnt have a reason to pump unless i wanted to go out with friends or something

i am so excited to nurse again- i dont know why but nursing made me feel like i had super powers! it was really strengthening to me. i keep dreaming of little bubs on my boob! i must sound crazy to the first time moms but maybe the 2nd and third time moms get where i am coming from

Welcome to the second Trimester HinkyBinky! But you aren't really in your 14 week until you actually get into your 14 week....I think I saw you posting this on the 1st tri and still challenge how this adds up...

When you are 40 weeks, you won't really be 41 (1 week overdue)...

You wouldn't say your baby is already 1 because she's in the year before. Or you wouldn't say you are a year older the week (or year) before your birthday. Because by your math, you are older (or in this case, further along) BEFORE it even happens.

I'm as far along as you are, but I know for a fact I'm not in my 14th week. My baby is not at the same development as a baby 1 week ahead of it. I don't think a doctor would consider us a week ahead either.

You are 13 weeks 1 day NOT 14 weeks 1 day.

But either way, again, welcome to the 2nd Tri. Many of us have been over here off and on for awhile, there's no set rule that you have to be 14 weeks to come over here. I've read different things saying it starts at 12 weeks, 13 weeks, 13.5...and only on here 14 weeks.

Now that we are in the 2nd Tri (HOORAY!) Has anyone starting touring Maternity Wards yet? I know it's still early but since I won't be delivering in the same hospital I did with my first 2, I'm a bit anxious about location.

What kind of things and "perks" do you all want in your L&D room? Has anyone started on their birth plan yet?

For me, I want a hospital that has a very spacious private room, nice wood interior, flat screen TV & DVD player. Big bed (all are pretty spacious but I've seen some tiny ones before). An extra bed for DH, bathtub (I think they call them birthing tubs...to help relieve pain of contractions), GOOD FOOD anytime of day, not just during feeding hours...And a nice Recovery/Postpartum room with many of the same ammenities.

This is a picture from the hospital I delivered in last time. The room I had was about 2x bigger though, the interior was more modern & updated, and had a flat screen...etc... but it can give you a general idea. Click on "Labor Delivery Suite" If it doesn't automatically come up.

https://www.northside.com/medical_services/3dtourmaternity/index3.html

Welcome to the second Trimester HinkyBinky! But you aren't really in your 14 week until you actually get into your 14 week....I think I saw you posting this on the 1st tri and still challenge how this adds up...

When you are 40 weeks, you won't really be 41 (1 week overdue)...

You wouldn't say your baby is already 1 because she's in the year before. Or you wouldn't say you are a year older the week (or year) before your birthday. Because by your math, you are older (or in this case, further along) BEFORE it even happens.

I'm as far along as you are, but I know for a fact I'm not in my 14th week. My baby is not at the same development as a baby 1 week ahead of it. I don't think a doctor would consider us a week ahead either.

You are 13 weeks 1 day NOT 14 weeks 1 day.

But either way, again, welcome to the 2nd Tri. Many of us have been over here off and on for awhile, there's no set rule that you have to be 14 weeks to come over here. I've read different things saying it starts at 12 weeks, 13 weeks, 13.5...and only on here 14 weeks.

I think it's that on day 0+1 you are in your first week of pregnancy, etc. (EDIT: just realised this is a bad example as you might pick me up on the fact we're not even pregnant on 0+1. But by same logic, when a child is a week old they are in their first year, etc. I'm not saying they are 1 year old. I'm not stupid.)

So when I log onto babycentre it always says, for example, "You are now four weeks pregnant (or in your fifth week, if you prefer to count it that way)." See here: https://www.babycentre.co.uk/stages/0104/

But thanks for your (somewhat patronising) explanation! :shrug:

good luck with the manual breast pump- i never had good luck with them! although i never pumped too much because it took more time than just latching dd on. plus i didnt work so i didnt have a reason to pump unless i wanted to go out with friends or something

Well, I really only bought it because of the disappointment of the pushchair, and because it was on my list of things to buy and was half price. Might be something that sits in the back of the cupboard but I just had the urge to buy SOMETHING! Mothercare is dangerous!

knock knock.........:argh: room for one more???

i thought id pop over from 1st tri to see how things are going over here. i still cant believe im 13 weeks today :happydance: it feels great. the thought of 2nd tri hadnt even been one in my mind, as i worried so much in 1st tri that i didnt think id ever get here. and here i am :wohoo:

Heya everyone...hope you are all feeling good?

I had a few days offline for my wedding...came back, and was happy to see my ticker had jumped up by it's few days, time see's to be going fast now that first tri is nearly over with.

I think I am going to jump over here now, for the most part, will still hover in 1st tri too for a bit to kee up to date with what's happening.

youandme how was the wedding?? id love to see some pics....i love weddings! hope you had a fantastic day!!

youandme how was the wedding?? id love to see some pics....i love weddings! hope you had a fantastic day!!

Thank you!!! It was fantastic, I enjoyed every moment of it, if you click the link on the bottom of my siggy I have just posted some piccies in my journal :happydance:

Congratulations you&me, so pleased you had the most wonderful wedding day x

But thanks for your (somewhat patronising) explanation! :shrug:

Sorry was not trying to patronize you, the UK babycenter site is the first time I've ever seen that. I asked my doctor, just to be sure (because I want to know and would LOVE to get an extra week out of the way) and he looked at me like I was crazy.

My only debate is that 0-7 days isn't week 1 yet because you haven't reached the full week yet. at 8 days you'd be 1 week....but oh well, maybe the way we count a week is different than how you all do in the UK. Kind of like how you guys say the date by putting the number first (like 3 May 2010) and we do (May 3, 2010) :shrug:

Oh well, just different opinions :flower:

blkhairbeauty, Hooray!

Do you still not feel pregnant anymore? Maybe all your symptoms are going away. I wish mine would but I seem more and more fatigued each day.

Well, I really only bought it because of the disappointment of the pushchair, and because it was on my list of things to buy and was half price. Might be something that sits in the back of the cupboard but I just had the urge to buy SOMETHING! Mothercare is dangerous!

i know the feeling! i want to go buy clothes even though i know i shouldnt because i have a ton of girl stuff and if its a boy i want to dress him in lots of blue to compensate for all the pink in our house!

i do but i dont...my symptoms are almost gone, i just need something to tell me that im pregnant beside symptoms now! But later this evening i looked in the mirror and I looked pregnant :happydance: but i know most of it is baby bloat(I refuse to call it gas, baby bloat is so much better)

Hey ladies - I am officially joining you all in second tri! Woo hoo!!!

Woo hoo...my ticker has gone up :happydance:

Hey ladies - I am officially joining you all in second tri! Woo hoo!!!

Welcome!! :happydance:

It has to be said - this thread is so much more positive than 1st tri - the 1st 13 weeks are so torturous!! I feel like a weight is off my shoulders now I've made it this far :)

I've also started to buy a few bits - nothing major, but baby is starting to have a lil stockpile of stuff :wacko:

Lol xx

i agree lolpants, i feel so different about it all now. more relaxed, like i can start to enjoy it all! ive been buying too! i think that really makes it feel real when you buy things for your baby. once i find out if im team pink or blue im going crazy :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"