~~~~November Sparkler 2010~~~~

im going crazy about that too! Hopefully at my appointment on the 18th my doctor will do a scan and if im lucky we will be able to see if we are team pink or blue(i still think im having a girl! LOL!)

im really not sure, everyone else thinks its a girl though! i cant wait to find out!!

I asked my doctor, just to be sure (because I want to know and would LOVE to get an extra week out of the way) and he looked at me like I was crazy.

Oops, sorry to make your doctor look at you crazy! :wacko:

It's not getting an extra week out of the way, as such (unfortunately). It's just saying you're beginning your 14th week. I guess it's like saying once you've completed 13 weeks full weeks (when you reach 13+0) you are then starting your 14th week - on 13+1 you are one-seventh of the way through your 14th week etc.

A similar example would be that we are in the 21st century - we havent had 2100 years yet, only 2010, but still, as soon as we get to 2000 (20 centuries) we *start* the 21st one, even if we're only one year into it we are still in the 21st century.

Sorry, I really don't mean to labour the point, but I just wanted to have one more go at explaining!

I'll stop now... :blush:

Ooh, just noticed my ticker has moved along as well! How terribly exciting!

I do agree that the second trimester has a definite air of relief about it! Of course, we are only over hte first hurdle but still, it's a nice feeling :thumbup:

i'll be coming over in a few days when i hit 13wks and 3days bc that when i move into the 4th box on my ticker! i cant wait til June 2nd so y'all can change my name to BLUE! lol i KNOW its a BOY!!! i could honestly care less but i just KNOW!!!!!!!
This site says 13wks is 2nd Tri:
https://www.pregnology.com/faralong.php?month=11&day=10&year=2010
https://www.pregnology.com/preggo-ticker.php?day=10&month=11&year=2010

o technically i could come over tomorrow:happydance: should i?

I asked my doctor, just to be sure (because I want to know and would LOVE to get an extra week out of the way) and he looked at me like I was crazy.

Oops, sorry to make your doctor look at you crazy! :wacko:

It's not getting an extra week out of the way, as such (unfortunately). It's just saying you're beginning your 14th week. I guess it's like saying once you've completed 13 weeks full weeks (when you reach 13+0) you are then starting your 14th week - on 13+1 you are one-seventh of the way through your 14th week etc.

A similar example would be that we are in the 21st century - we havent had 2100 years yet, only 2010, but still, as soon as we get to 2000 (20 centuries) we *start* the 21st one, even if we're only one year into it we are still in the 21st century.

Sorry, I really don't mean to labour the point, but I just wanted to have one more go at explaining!

I'll stop now... :blush:

that makes sense but im kinda STILL confused so is 13wks consider 2nd tri? Yes OR No? lol just break it down for me! im SLOOOOOW

that makes sense but im kinda STILL confused so is 13wks consider 2nd tri? Yes OR No? lol just break it down for me! im SLOOOOOW

The short answer is that nobody knows! - it's different wherever you look. Before I got pregnant, I always thought the first 12 weeks was first tri, as 12 weeks is always quoted for risk of miscarriage, when to take folic acid, likely morning sickness time, etc. But it seems some consider 13 or even 14 wks the start of second tri. Which is why I was trying to cheat the system by using the "in my 14th week" loophole!

As mommy2baby2 said though, it's all kind of irrelevant, we are all there or thereabouts :)

ooooooooooooookay! i see lol i want to but im scared of "Jumping the gun" lol but i'll prolly come over any ways!!!!

I came over as soon as I hit 13 weeks! All the newsletters/books etc. I've read describe the 1st Tri as the 1st 12 weeks, so I wouldn't say your jumping the gun at 13 weeks Eskimo!

on another note my doppler arrived this evening :) So good too hear Dio again :) (thats our nickname for the baby!)

Lol xx

Hooray to the Ticker's moving up! Mine did too!

So I had a weird dream last night! That I was at an ultrasound and was able to see the baby's face (it was a 3D ultrasound) but the baby was SO ugly...I was so distraught and kept worrying about the kind of life he/she'd have and was concerned my husband would now question if the baby was his...random, I know.

So shallow, of course I want a beautiful child (who doesn't) but it was weird. In real life I'd love him/her regardless, but I woke up feeling all guilty for being so embarrassed/angry/ashamed in my dream... :( Anyone else have any weird dreams about the baby?

I also had a dream that I had one of those portable Ultrasound machines...they cost about $1200 and up...I really want one...BAD! but I think you have to have some sort of medical clearance to buy medical equipement. If I was able, I'd already have one

example:
https://cgi.ebay.com/New-Portable-L...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3eff468e49

Whoo hoo, I am 14 weeks today :happydance: and last night I got to see baby again as we had a private Nuchal scan (as when I went for my 12 week routine dating/NT scan, they were unable to take the Nuchal measurement for some reason). All went well at the scan, I am sure baby has grown since last week, it was sucking its thumb and appeared to have hic cups. My NT measurement was just 1.3 so that is a good start, just need to get the combined bloods in now.

However, while doing the scan they discovered a cyst on my left ovary that is almost the same size as the baby. They could not believe how it was not picked up at my scan last week!

Luckily, I have a consultants appointment this afternoon and the doctor who did my scan last night thinks he may actually be my consultant so he will chat about it with me today as he says it will need to be monitored very closely from here on in, so on the plus side I will have a lot more scans although I am a bit worried about what the implications could be if the cyst gets any bigger.

I am also really relieved to finally be in 2nd tri, 1st tri could be a very sad place at times. It will be great once every one has moved over.

Have a good day xx

I am still knocking!! Not long to go and scan this afternoon. Hopefully all ok xx

Aw I'm sneaking in but taking it cautious til my scan tomorrow.. EEEEEEEEEK!!!
Anyone else having late scans?

hey i hope the cyst is ok i have PCOS so i'd think that they would want to keep an eye on my cyst(if i even still have any) but no one seems interested..i worried tho! i guess i should bring that up at my next appt! but i hope your cysts doesnt get any bigger!

Hi everyone, oh its so good to be here. Like you jogami my scan is a little late, I have it a week today and i cannot wait :) My bump is starting to appear which i'm so excited about and can't wait to show it off. Its great to see evryoe is getting on well and hopefully time will fly by and we'll be in 3rd trimester before we know it xx

:hi:
Welcome to all the new 2nd Tri'ers! :happydance:
Lol xx

I wish I were having a scan sooner...I havent seen our baby since I was 10 weeks. Everything looks good, but I cant help but have a little bit of fear that something has gone wrong :S I am hoping they do one at my next appointment.

I am still knocking!! Not long to go and scan this afternoon. Hopefully all ok xx

How did you get on? You were quite tight with your dates at work weren't you? Hope they didn't move your EDD x

hiya! Was all perfect, had such a lovely sonographer, she kept saying how wonderful and perfect baby was. Even saw the stomach which was apparently good for dates, which means it is "swallowing nicely" lol!! She kept my dates as they were. Baby is actually smaller than average (but was when I was scanned at 6 weeks too!) so still Nov 10th! This makes work ok I think, but may try to persuade midwife to cheat a bit on my matb1, dunno if she will though :D

Here is baby G, looks like he is smiling :cloud9:

Attachments

• Baby G 13 weeks 5.5.10 2.jpg
    Baby G 13 weeks 5.5.10 2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member