~~~~November Sparkler 2010~~~~

I was 19 weeks on sunday! :happydance:
It's exciting, we're almost half way!! I haven't gained a pound either, my other friend is 23 weeks and she's already gained 15 pounds, I'm trying to eat right, and not get toooo big throughout this pregnancy. :haha:

went for scan, they had me at the wrong time! so I had to wait about for like an hour. Then when i got it they said I should have had a full bladder and wish I never listend to anyone say that didnt matter or they had of told me as they coudlnt get to see babys brain so I have to go back in a week so they can check that. My placenta is low, could move but then it could block so could be a c section again :( last time when I had my 20wk scan with william they said he could move around but he never did. Couldnt even see sex of baby at all with way was lying. I did get 3 pics though. I have to scan and upload but feeding william here at the mo who threw a wobbler in the car on way back as he was hungry waiting about.

Congrats to everyone on their scans, less than 48 hours until mine now!

Also can't beleive I'm going to be officially halfway tomorrow!

my due date isnt what they said but they wont change it and i dont want them inducing me if i go way past it as technically I wont be over due. Think they said 25th to me. hey I could go in to December !

Hi everyone, due with my first on 12th November. Had my scan last week and it was amazing, wriggley little thing!
We are not finding out the sex we want a surprise. Going to be the first grandchild for both parents, any tips on how to keep them at bay!?
Im not too worried about telling people to back off but sometimes i get myself worked up because of it and i know i shouldnt, if you knew my family you would understand why!

I'm in a similar situation - will be first grandchild for both sets of our parents too. No tips I'm afraid, but I understand your concern! DH's parents aren't too bad, but my mum and dad are already unbearably excited - texting me at 6:30am with name suggestions, buying bits and pieces, mum telling me it's not fair that I can feel the baby!... I know she doesn't mean any harm and at the moment I am managing with a wince and a "muuuum!", but I might have to bring in the big guns later on :) x

scan pics, one of off feet which I thought looked cute.

Attachments

• AAAAAUntitled-1.jpg
    AAAAAUntitled-1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 11
  • AAAUntitled-1.jpg
    AAAUntitled-1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 7
  • AAUntitlaed-1 copy.jpg
    AAUntitlaed-1 copy.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 7
I'm in a similar situation - will be first grandchild for both sets of our parents too. No tips I'm afraid, but I understand your concern! DH's parents aren't too bad, but my mum and dad are already unbearably excited - texting me at 6:30am with name suggestions, buying bits and pieces, mum telling me it's not fair that I can feel the baby!... I know she doesn't mean any harm and at the moment I am managing with a wince and a "muuuum!", but I might have to bring in the big guns later on :) x

wow, I dont know how you cope with that i certainly couldnt!! My mum is taking a back seat at the moment which is good....however its when the baby gets here that i am worried about.
One example...she said to my sister she had found a cot, so my sister said im not sure that Becci would want a second hand cot, my mum replied with..its not for becci its for me ahhhhh!! told her she doesnt need a cot as her eldest is 13! :wacko:
I have politly told her not to arrange things behind my back, from then she barely makes contact, which is a good thing at the moment with my mood swings :trouble:

It's exciting, we're almost half way!! I haven't gained a pound either, my other friend is 23 weeks and she's already gained 15 pounds, I'm trying to eat right, and not get toooo big throughout this pregnancy. :haha:

My cousin is shorter than I and 4 days ahead of me and gained 10 lbs already! She eats out a lot though I think! Lol

WOW - you haven't gained ANY weight AT ALL??!! That's incredible. You are soooo lucky....lol! I was hoping to gain the minimal amount of weight as possible but right now I dunno. I mean I still have a ways to go so....you never know. Yea - people tell me that I look so tiny and that they didn't even notice I was pregnant....but I DEFINITELY have gained some weight. And I also have quite a bump. It's probably easier for me to hide than most ladies on here as I can still get away with not wearing maternity clothes....particularly now since much of the summer fashion is like loose-fitting, flowy tops. But if I wear anything at all fitted it's obvious and my pants don't button anymore so yea - the weight gain has begun!

DF, can;t believe they said you needed a full bladder! I couldn;t remember but went with one and I asked at reception and they said no. Which was good because I went to the toilet twice in the 20 mins I waited to be seen, proper anxiety wee wee's :haha:

I somehow lost about 10lbs in the 1st few months!? Not sure where I am now - but defo a lot bigger in the belly area!! Loving my comfy maternity trousers :D

Can't believe my V day is only 10 days away! :happydance: Obviously I hope baby goes all the way - but if she doesn't, then only 10 days till I know they will do all they can to save her :D

Lol xx

V= Viable = means baby has a chance of survival outside the womb - so Drs will try too save them if they come early

Lol xx

Yay had scan yesterday and all is ok baby doing well, gave into temptation and im on team pink xxx

Hey Izzie, its only 10 days tomorrow for you :happydance:

Congrats Chella on your :pink: bump!! :D

Lol xx

DF, can;t believe they said you needed a full bladder! I couldn;t remember but went with one and I asked at reception and they said no. Which was good because I went to the toilet twice in the 20 mins I waited to be seen, proper anxiety wee wee's :haha:

Its not that you need one if baby was in position mine was in the bladder would have lifted its head to see more thats all. I know I wont know till the end I have stubborn babies.

My cousin is shorter than I and 4 days ahead of me and gained 10 lbs already! She eats out a lot though I think! Lol

But we should be putting on weight! I don't think there's anything wrong with those weight gains. I have put on around 14lb so far and I am not carrying loads of extra flab or anything. Eating around 1800 calories a day, so nothing excessive, not bingeing on ice-cream or cakes. Am expecting to gain maybe another 10 - 14lb during the rest of the pregnancy.

My Dreamgenii pillow arrived today. I probably don't need it quite yet, not that much of a bump to support! But will give it a try tonight (have been using a normal pillow between my knees) and report back! Anyone else got one? :sleep:

Baby Bjorn carrier came too - managed to resist putting one of the cats in it for a practice run :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->