~~~~November Sparkler 2010~~~~

Honestly I thought the same when I was pregnant, the thought of it I was against it all together. I didnt know enough about it anyway then so not creepy to me now its the opposite feeling I find pics of babies with bottles in mouths weird looking having seen only me feeding my son from breast. When I done it everything changed it felt right. But I didnt know I would feel that till then and took some getting used to. And I know some people have work and its hard working around that to.

Dont you just hate it when poeple post pics of child abuse and vids on facebook! I cant watch or look at pics like that it gets me angry and down, has me in tears. I do all I can to help join causes and donate but I cant just watch these vids and the pics disturb me. I know one girl always done it all day every day, really painful stuff she posted I had to block her from news feed :( I know she felt strongly about it but my heart couldnt take any more seeing it. I dont want to turn a blind eye but I cant look directly at a suffering injured child at the hands of someone I want to personally kill any more.

Hi ladies how is everyone.. 23 Weeks today cant believe how quickly these weeks are going by.
Savannah is moving about alot to the point my OH felt her for the first time last nite it was amazing.
Im suffering badly with heartburn it wakes me up in the nite its horrible.x

oh snoopchick i know exactly what you mean, i suffer really bad at night with heartburn :( i have to take my gaviscon just before i go to sleep.

Ive just realised... not long till V-Day :D:D

I will be bottle feeding. I bottle fed my son he is still on a bottle actually because of his disability he wasn't able to breastfeed and I dont think I can manage one on a bottle and one on a boob. So all will be on bottles.

Just a suggestion for first time breast feeders. I had my heart set on breast feeding last time and I didn't buy ANY bottles or formula and then my son couldn't do it and we had to keep washing the disposable hospital bottles over and over until a very kind friend brought over a pack of bottles as a gift. I would try to have a few in the house just in case. Even if you don't use them you might need them in the future for pumping or something

I will be bottle feeding. I bottle fed my son he is still on a bottle actually because of his disability he wasn't able to breastfeed and I dont think I can manage one on a bottle and one on a boob. So all will be on bottles.

Just a suggestion for first time breast feeders. I had my heart set on breast feeding last time and I didn't buy ANY bottles or formula and then my son couldn't do it and we had to keep washing the disposable hospital bottles over and over until a very kind friend brought over a pack of bottles as a gift. I would try to have a few in the house just in case. Even if you don't use them you might need them in the future for pumping or something

Yep, very good advice. I tried to breastfeed my 2. First one I lasted 4 weeks and baby wasn't putting weight on, I kept going to GP, who finally gave up and said - put him on the bottle! I had to go out and get milk/bottles etc.....Second time I didn't get any bottles cause didn't want to get tempted..

This time I am def buying bottles ect upfront just in case, but will try very hard to breastfeed...(G.. help me) :)

I had bottles and formula all stacked up from people buying me them but never needed them. Its ok if baby dosnt blow up in weight from breastfeeding they arnt meant to. My boy is called under weight but he isnt as theres a difference in the size charts for formula and bf. weight wise anyway. Long as they feeding and plenty wet nappies all is fine. I really am lazy though I couldnt be making bottles up, i am typed and breastfeeding here :) master of multi tasking.

I had bottles and formula all stacked up from people buying me them but never needed them. Its ok if baby dosnt blow up in weight from breastfeeding they arnt meant to. My boy is called under weight but he isnt as theres a difference in the size charts for formula and bf. weight wise anyway. Long as they feeding and plenty wet nappies all is fine. I really am lazy though I couldnt be making bottles up, i am typed and breastfeeding here :) master of multi tasking.

I am the worst about washing bottles! I hate it so much. I don't have a dishwasher, so have to do it all by hand ... definitely not the first thing I want to do everyday.

Back from our scan, everything is perfect and we are on team..............pink! :pink:

*Goes off to girlify (si that a word :wacko:) ticker*

Back from our scan, everything is perfect and we are on team..............pink! :pink:

*Goes off to girlify (si that a word :wacko:) ticker*

Congrats on your :pink:!

I do not know if girlify is a word, but I am sure no one will mind it being used as it makes complete sense.

I am the worst about washing bottles! I hate it so much. I don't have a dishwasher, so have to do it all by hand ... definitely not the first thing I want to do everyday.

plus standing about making bottles at 3 am in a spooky place is not ideal. We where planning who was going to get up and feed just before William was born then when we co sleept and breastfed didnt have to get up, great :happydance: It wasn't like what everyone said to me, we where expecting nightmare like no sleep every again and mental homes in a week but none of that happened. Just was tired from feeding but I got to lie and chill with no screaming baby. My oh is lazy also I dont think I would like us falling out over whos turn it is next it would be nasty. He does cooking and cleaning and running about.

Congrats on team :pink:!

And snoopchick i feel the same! I cant believe we have 1 week until our V day!!!! I remember looking from 5 weeks and being like good lord that a long time to go, but here we are...:D My lo is wiggling around most days now, I have noticed when i have been more active in the day she is more quiet then others but last night it felt as if she was going to kick her way out! My whole family got to feel her wiggling around and kicking...except for my dh(We still need to find our own place) As for buying stuff we bought the outfit we are going to be bringing her home in from the hospital and a coule other things, but since she is our first we are going to wait until after my baby showers because I know for a fact a lot of people are buying all sorts of goodies :D. Then also we got a big bag of hand-me-downs from a family friend...tons of cute outfits!!!! Whats funny is when we were looking through them my sister was so excited she would look at one and not show me and then look at another. This child is already spoiled and she isnt even BORN!!!! LOL!

BTW.....I have loved running this thread, BUT.....I think someone with a due date at the end of the month should run the third trimester thread. Not only because I am closer to the beginning of the month, but just because that person would be able to keep track of things better than i would, especially since I know I will be scatterbrained for the first few weeks of having my lo. If there are no takers I will do it, but im just putting the idea out there :D

we had our scan today ans we are on team :pink: xx

Congrats!! :happydance:

I can see what ur saying BLKHRBTY -- ideally someone right at end of Nov, and hopefully doesn't have baby early!! Im sure we'll all be manic once our LO's are here!!

On another note - look at the awesome ACDC babygro and hat I bought today for only £5 in H&M!! :happydance:[url=https://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=PqcsAt9][img]https://s3.postimage.org/csAt9.jpg[/url][/IMG]

Congrats on the team :pink:s!

So just got a text from my cousin who is around 30 weeks pregnant and her OH's ex-wife had a baby with another man in June and is trying to tell him that he will have to pay child support for the baby she just had and basically she expects him to. :wacko:

What a ******.

BTW.....I have loved running this thread, BUT.....I think someone with a due date at the end of the month should run the third trimester thread. Not only because I am closer to the beginning of the month, but just because that person would be able to keep track of things better than i would, especially since I know I will be scatterbrained for the first few weeks of having my lo. If there are no takers I will do it, but im just putting the idea out there :D
I think I may go into december as they said my date was 25th of nov but I dont know if they will change it or not as I was told it was 16th first. So no point on me making one although I am always online. I made a jan one for third tri and ended up in feb last time .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->