~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

well we have bath, pj's, cup of milk with waybuloo and cuddles on sofa and then bed, we still brush her teeth in the bath as she literally finishes her milk while waybuloo is finished, she wouldnt sit at bedtime for a story, she does through day but wouldnt at this age on a night she just tries to play to avoid bed so for the minute we are leaving it x

when she starts to understand more and we put her in a proper bed we will start doing bedtime stories as for us it just doesnt seem to work now lol x

Okay, thanks...I'll just have to start experimenting to see what works. :hugs:

we don't seem to have a bedtime routine... other than singing twinkle twinkle little star... I wonder if this matters...

We had to stop singing twinkle twinkle as she just cries everytime she hears it through the day as she thinks she is going to be put to bed haha x

our bedtime routine is a bath, into PJ's and then we put the 'reading' light on, snuggle up on the beanbag and i have to read her about 3/4 stories haha then she jumps off my knee and stands at her bed and that's it!

We have a bath, get into pj's and then we lie on our bed while she has a bottle and I read her a story. I have to carry her up to her room and on the way up I always sing 'Heno heno' ( a Welsh lullaby) to her-I do it for day time naps too and she always starts yawning and rubbing her head when I do!

Our routine is bath & brush teeth, PJ's & sleeping bag then he chooses his bedtime story and once that is done he turns out the light. Fantastic!

Then it all goes to pot as I breastfeed him to sleep in my bed still (he is going to be there until he is 18 I just know it :cry:) and he feeds quite a bit in the night still. So much so that I have still got no signs of AF. We think that George is protecting his interests by ensuring that I am not fertile enough to produce any siblings to vie for my attention. Have no idea how to stop him feeding so much. For someone who had so much trouble starting, I can't bloomin stop now :haha:

Hey all, I finally talked my cousin into joining bnb...her user name is: ppmgnurse09

If you see her around say Hi!

Well, I tried a new routine last night and he took to it just fine and went down without a hitch. We actually got to read the whole story too while he had his bottle. He thought "Good Night Moon" was funny. Thanks for your support ladies!

I've been trying suggestions too TysonNme, Maddy has been horrible going to bed lately. Tonight we did bath, brush teeth, pj's, then i read a story to her and DH wanted in on the action so he read another one to her :), by the time DH was almost done she was yawning, gave her her bottle during second story and then put her to bed. She had a tough time going to sleep without her bottle but i think she will get it. Now just to get her off the bottle! :(

In good news though, me and DH drove around trying to find a cheap place in town we could afford. We noticed this trailer/house was empty so i asked the neighbors who owned it. Come to find out one of my middle school teachers owns it!(its a way small town lol). Its a 2 bedroom, 2 bath and she only want $475 a month for it!!!!! So we are hoping to get into that here in the next month or so :) *fingers crossed*. I'm pretty sure that we will have a good chance cause i called before they even put a for-rent sign up ha ha! Well, even though is 1 am here, i need to get to homework! Nights seem to be the only time i seem to be able to do it! xhugsx

BHB, does she take a sippy cup or maybe just a regular cup of milk? Glad you found a new place!

ya she does, she mostly drinks her water and occasional juice in either or(depending on her mood ha ha). So I don't know how to eliminate the bottle, ive had enough restless nights with the whole sleeping business that im to the point where I want to hold off on getting her off the bottle until we have a sleep schedule down.

Yeah I hear ya! I just switched...we actually started with the night bottle as he's so ready for it he didn't really care how it was delivered I guess. But he's been pretty easy going with changes...has Maddy done well with change or has it been harder for her? You might have a try with a cup or sippy but have a bottle ready where she can't see it in case she doesn't take it maybe?

the past couple of nights have been ok, she has been a bit fussy but not too horrible. Tonight has been bad though cause DH is at Drill and isnt here, she has got to the routine of him reading the bedtime story to her. opps. As soon as she gets use to the whole nighttime routine I think I will start trying the sippy thing and see how it goes, Thank you! :D

Hey Ladies!!!!

Havent popped in here in ages. Thought id see how we are all coping with our lovely toddlers! Boy how time flies.

Ellie is running around everywhere saying a few words - mumma, daddy, cat, dog, hot, gentle to name a few she is very cheeky but a very happy affectionate little girl who loves cuddles and kisses. Heres the most recent pic!

https://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m271/shans81/Elleah/picnik19.jpg

Would love to see and hear how all your LO's are doing xxx

HELP! since moving Maddy will NOT sleep in her crib, let alone her new room. im trying so hard to get it so me and DH have some privacy but it seems like its never going to happen :( damnit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->