~~November Sparklers 2010 Official 3rd Tri Thread~(40 Baby Girls & 43 Baby Boys Born)

well they said she was measuring about 2-3 weeks bigger at my scan @ 20 weeks, and my dr said something about doing another scan to measure her and see if she is just big or if she is "older" than we think. Its all kind of confusing really...I have a feeling though that i really am not going to go much longer though, just an insinct.

They said I was 3 weeks ahead then on my next check up I was dead on time. I will find out again as I have a scan on wed.

All I can say is what a fuck up if your dates are wrong and you are way ahead than you think you are :D

I know at my hospital at 20 week scan they said they only re-date if it is out by a week or more (Chunk was measuring behind but only by a few days), so measuring 2/3 weeks ahead they would have given a new EDD.

The next few weeks will certainly be interesting then, keep us updated please :)

sorry my scan was one week behind at the start hence the two due dates, so now its on time as well as being ahead. I dont think they have a clue lol I just go with the dates I had as I know when I missed my period and thats 16th nov due and will be prepared for over due this time.

No kidding Anna!!!! Thing is, is im having all the stuff that happens during the last few weeks happen and my braxton hicks have got to the point where they are WAY strong and kinda hurt. So Im thinking I may just be getting ready to go here in a couple of weeks....dumb ass doctors and their "educated" guessing lol

my braxton hicks went., i had them when i had that infection and not again. I have light one now and again but noting like they where.

I would love to have 4 weeks shaved off my pregnancy right now :D

I can't say I pay too much attention to things that should happen in the last weeks though cos from all the literature I have read for first time babies things do happen earlier and you can be slightly dilated and effaced for weeks with nothing happening. BH are nothing but your body getting ready and preparing. But they don't indicate things are gonna happen any time soon. But you aren't far off full term, so things could be simmering reading to come in the next couple of weeks. Oooh I do hope so, you and shan both think you are gonna drop early and I can;t bloody wait for us to start having these babies. So excited. You girls should be the first to go :)

Chunk got nicely snug down below and was 3/5 and 2/5 engaged and I got all excited things were moving along and he bloody popped out and turned breech. Gutted :(

You wanna keep her in for 2 more weeks. Once we all get to 37 weeks these babies can come whenever they like :)

Thats great news Missy!! :hugs: I can't begin too imagine how bored you must be stuck in hospital!!

DF Sorry too hear about ur phone - I couldn't live without one!! You could buy a temp very cheap and basic one too see you through?

I really hope my baby doesn't come early - had it confirmed today that if she comes before my Mat leave officially starts on 26th Oct that they will start the Mat leave early too = SMP rather than full pay as 26th Oct is the day Ive been there a year!! Will lose me literally £100's a month :( I have MW appt tomorrow - hoping she has turned and no longer breech - if she is still breech I get a scan at 37 weeks and a c sect at 38 weeks - although I'll request date of Oct 26th for obv reasons!

Just had my last Monday morning of work too - can't wait for next week as OH is off and were gonna start the nursery and I can finally get too everything too pack my bags etc :)

Hope your all well :hugs:

Lol xx

Lol, check your contract. As you know I have read mine with a fine tooth comb and as far as I remember the day your baby is actually born doesn't effect your mat leave because that is based on your EDD not the actual DOB. At least I am sure that is what mine said! So although they will have to pay mat leave from the date of birth, the fact that the EDD was after the year is what it goes from. you can;t help your baby coming earlier! I was told under no uncertain terms that even if my baby was late and I was within my year it make a difference as they go by EDD, what is on your MATB1.

They are having a laugh I think so check it out. Otherwise what is the actual point of a MATB1, as most babies are not even born on time, we may aswell just call up when baby is here. Your work should have given you in writing what your maternity pay is based on your EDD. Then if you do have baby early you let them know so they can pay mat pay from that date instead.

I think they are having you on and trying to get out of paying.

This is definitely correc as far as SMP is concerned - as CMP can vary I agree with anna that you check your contract but I cannot imagine it being different.

xx

One would assume a company would use the SMP rules, they wouldn't have a policy that was worse than the government rules surely?

Hello ladies :D

Hugs to all :hugs:

Glad you're home missy

lol Dont let them do you out of a single penny!

I am CONVINCED my bump has dropped - not right down but certainly lower. Not sure how much relevence that is or how much of a good thing - I could do with this baby staying put for a good while yet no matter how uncomfortable I am!!

because of toxemia they are saying i could go anytime after 36(my mom had all of us kids at 36 weeks and we were all 7-8 lb babies) it just depends on lo and what she wants to do.

One would assume a company would use the SMP rules, they wouldn't have a policy that was worse than the government rules surely?

I wouldnt have thought so but in her [lol's] position I would just make sure I had my ducks lined up so to speak ;)

Evening all.

Missy, glad you are home and both doing well! Also pleased to see everyone else is also doing well, well as well as 3rd tri pregnant ladies can be doing :haha:

I am hunky dory, counting down the days until I start maternity leave (as long as I get finished up). Herbert has been so active this last week although I have no idea how he/she is lying from the bumps and lumps that appear all over my tummy. I do know that bubs is definitely still in the wrong position. I guess I will find out which position next Wednesday at my scan.

I started putting my hospital bag together yesterday. All my toiletries are in, just need nighties/knickers and clothes for coming home in. I plan on packing Herberts next week.

My pram has been delivered (will post a piccie at some point) it is sooooo yummy! Hopefully my changing unit will be here in the next day or two. We still have a few things to get but if Herbert were to come early (although there is no reason why that should happen) we would be fine.

Time is ticking along ladies and on Friday we will be able to say that we will be having our babies NEXT MONTH :wohoo:

I know I can't believe october is so close!!! The pregnancy journey is nearly at an end.I'm due 20th of nov and going to finish up work on 31st of october. But I feel fantastic for 32.5weeks so I think it just may be possible to last till 37weeks at work.

Lovr

My plan was to work until then too Betheney! Obviously didn't go to plan, but the way I am feeling personally I think I would be struggling badly!

Coco, god knows what position chunk is in. I think transverse as my bump is all hard across the middle and sides. Have a scan in 2 weeks when I'll be 36+1. Have had major reduction in movements but am off to hospital later so will mention it, but getting a trace anyway!

Had a scan at appt yesterday, bubs is 4lb now and measuring on the small side of normal for my size which I'm actually quite pleased about. Next step in my battle to have LO at the birth centre is a GTT on Sunday (my midwives told me it wasn't necessary but hospital are insisting so I'm going to just have it) then another scan at 37 weeks.
Consultant was actually really nice, wrote on my notes that my pregnancy is esssentially low risk apart from the BMI +1 point so fingers crossed! I have my mum on my side at least and as she works in the NHS she knows all the people to talk to/harass!
Had a few tears last night but not feeling as depressed as after the last appt.

Good luck Lizzy, I hope they let you have baby at the birth centre :) This BMI stuff is such a load of shite really!

Betheney, I feel really well too and I think if I had a really sedentary job I would probably feel perfectly fine about working until I was 37 weeks but at 35 weeks (tomorrow :happydance:) I am actually pleased to be finishing up this week, although I recon I will be 36 weeks before I am totally done.

Sophie, Herbert is all across the middle too. I have a huge lump which goes back as far as where my elbows usually rest on one side and it often goes into a hard lump at about the same level on the opposite too. Although really confusing it feels like a leg that goes across the top of my bump and last night I swear I felt something foot shaped over near the large bump. My baby must be a contortionist! My MW did actually say she thought bubs had its feet up by its ears when she had a feel last week but having an anterior placenta does make feeling baby a little more tricky, that and my ever increasing pregnancy padding :rofl: I hope your trace goes well and Chunk is just having a lazy day.

Lizzy, I am glad your appointment went so much better than the last one. I am hoping that I will get the go ahead to use the birth centre (if Herbert moves!) when I see the consultant next week as I really want a water birth.

Does anyone know if they base your BMI on your pre pregnancy or booking in weight or are you weighed again? I was ok then but I would dread to see what it would be now :haha:

I have been having loads of BH's a day, at least that is what I think they are. Every now and then my bump goes rock hard and it lasts a few minutes. Sometimes this is accompanied by what feel like mild period cramps. I guess from now on we are all on the countdown to B-day and every little twinge will make us wonder if this is the start of something!

Have a fabby day
Jo x

No kidding Anna!!!! Thing is, is im having all the stuff that happens during the last few weeks happen and my braxton hicks have got to the point where they are WAY strong and kinda hurt. So Im thinking I may just be getting ready to go here in a couple of weeks....dumb ass doctors and their "educated" guessing lol

i was in lamaze with a girl that was pushed up an entire month in her last 6 weeks...she had the baby a week or 2 later- exactly a month early- same thing her 20 week scan showed a larger baby- but only by 2/3 weeks- so it could happen!! wouldnt that be nice!:happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->