~~November Sparklers 2010 Official 3rd Tri Thread~(40 Baby Girls & 43 Baby Boys Born)

As someone whose baby is unlikely to know his biological dad here is my take on it. It takes more than a sperm to make a dad. You cannot become emotionally attached to someone you do not know. You can be sad and sympathetic towards them but I think that is as far as it goes.

I think it important you know, would you rather not know and find out later? Then be pissed off no-one told you?

Don't feel guilty for not feeling anything x x x

I am glad that I was told, and I don't know how I would feel if I wasn't told. I mean a couple years ago he had a stroke and I did not find out until months later and that did not really bother me too much.

I just get the feeling when I talk to any of his family that they expect me to just be like "Oh I love my dad..blahblah". And I can't say that I love him because he is practically a stranger. It definitely takes more to be considered a father, but I guess maybe it is sinking in a little because I am starting to think about it way too much!!

I guess I will feel bad for the time that we didn't have, even though that was his choice in life. He took care of many kids that were not his, and so I guess I have always been jealous. I have only lived 30 miles from my father my entire life and so it has always been an issue. I grew out of the longing for him to call, or come to a birthday party a long time ago. But now all that stuff is running through my head again .... :wacko:

So I will be regretful that I never had a father, and most likely never will since he may die. I don't know his exact condition since no one calls me. They all know my name and I have a facebook, but I checked and no one tried to reach me over that. My mom isn't the most sympathetic person when it comes to my father, so when I talk to her with anything concerning him it kind of ends up annoying me ... but idk. I think I need to stop thinking!! Haha.

Am happy to report that my G diabetes test came back at 6.3 which is normal

Yay what a relief. I guess most of u ladies will be coming up for yours very soon, all the best! x

Yay what a relief. I guess most of u ladies will be coming up for yours very soon, all the best! x

Mine is August 18th. I failed it last time and had to take the 3 hour test, so hoping to pass this time on the first try, lol.

Yay!! I won't get my results till my doctor appointment at the end of the month but I didn't feel odd during the test so I hope that is good news.

Yay!! I won't get my results till my doctor appointment at the end of the month but I didn't feel odd during the test so I hope that is good news.

Do they not call you if you fail where you live? Just wondering, as I find all the differences fascinating, lol.

Thank you ShanandBoc! :flower: I hope so too! That would make me feel sooo much better.

hiya all i'm here whoooo hoooo 3rd tri did you all miss me:blush:

Do they not call you if you fail where you live? Just wondering, as I find all the differences fascinating, lol.

Thank you ShanandBoc! :flower: I hope so too! That would make me feel sooo much better.

i waas wondering that myself! would they call if i failed? I took mine tuesday morning and my appointment is friday...so i think they would wait until friday UNLESS it was so bad they have to tell you early for fear of diabetic coma! My friend passed out after 15 minutes into the hour they have you wait.

SilasLove - I am sorry to hear about your situation; it's shitty to have to think about all this and especially if you've got nobody really to talk it through with. It's a shame your mother is not a bit more understanding, but perhaps you could try talking to her again? I guess, if nothing else, it's at least useful for you to have the information about your father's health and the possible causes of his medical problems, as this is one area where biology does matter. It's also important for you to have some closure - maybe when the time comes that he does pass away, it will at least end a chapter for you and enable you to come to terms with the whole situation. I hope you work it out x

Hi girls :wave:

Can you add me to the list. Little boy due 4th November.

Hope everyone's happy and healthy :hugs:

Welcome to 3rd tri to all those who are new or have recently moved over.

I am still sat in my PJ's this morning as I had an awful nights sleep. I woke up around 2.30am and ended up getting up as I was just tossing and turning and getting really annoyed. I think I finally got back to sleep just before 5am. Luckily I do not have a busy work schedule today!

Counting down to the weekend as that I when I can enjoy a bit of Herbert shopping! I still have loads I need to get. Luckily its ageeeeeees until birth-day :haha:

Lots of :hug: to those who are going through difficult times with their families right now x

aww sorry you had a bad nights sleep coco, i know that feeling!

last night baby decided to give me a break though and after a few quite painful jabs as I was trying to doze off he settled down and i actually slept through the night without being woken up once... didn't wanna get out of bed this morning it was sooo nice to have slept properly!

I'm still in my pjs too... don't actually plan on getting dressed, I still don't have many maternity clothes and my usual stuff obviously doesnt fit so I tend to spend most days dossing round in pjs and nighties!

Gonna spend my day today waiting for my new phone upgrade, I ordered it yesterday and apparently it was out of stock so I called them to order a different phone instead and somehow they have managed to magically make the phone I ordered appear and have sent it out, tracked this morning and out for delivery today :happydance:

Ooh I hope you are not waiting too long for your phone to arrive Loula! And I am pleased that at least one of us had a lovely nights sleep :D

I went mad with maternity clothes shopping and have so many I don't even think I will wear some of them, which is such a waste so you are very wise not over spending. I would have got by with just a 1/4 of what I have got. The perils of being a shopaholic :blush:

boo to everyone - i am at work! :(

oh and to the threadmaker can you add team pink storks for my name please :)

Also - Does it kind of "hurt" anyone else when you try to roll over at night? When I go from one side to the other, I always feel like i'm pulling a side muscle.

Finding new stretch marks today, on my hips of all places.... Little tiny dots, but stretch marks all the same. Lathering the bio oil on!!

Ooh I hope you are not waiting too long for your phone to arrive Loula! And I am pleased that at least one of us had a lovely nights sleep :D

I went mad with maternity clothes shopping and have so many I don't even think I will wear some of them, which is such a waste so you are very wise not over spending. I would have got by with just a 1/4 of what I have got. The perils of being a shopaholic :blush:

:haha: it wasn't me being wise it was lack of funding which caused my lack of maternity clothes! Pregnancy has demotivated me a LOT and as Im self employed not being motivated means no pennies for spending money! My maternity allowance claim has been processed now and is gonna start being paid at the end of august so really excited about having some cash and will likely treat myself to some new undies/clothes/pjs and slippers lol! gotta pay for a new living room floor though which is gonna cost me like £200... bah! but I just can't bring a baby into the house with the carpet thats down... it's one of those really old fashioned bold patterned carpets that looks like its been down about 50 years! We have a dog that brings twigs in from the garden when our backs are turned and because of the colour/patterns on the carpet you just don't see them and I'm always standing on stuff and I consider it a hazard... so thats my excuse for a pretty new laminate floor :blush:

I would just stick to being wise Loula :rofl:

I am also self employed so know exactly what you mean about it being difficult to stay motivated. I actually thought my last job would be finishing now so that I could start my maternity leave but a couple more jobs have come in and I would be very foolish to turn them down. I just keep telling myself to think of the dosh!

I have applied for my MAT leave but it won't start until I give them a finishing date, which hopefully will be the end of September (or sooner if I pull my finger out and stop doing part time hours!)

You know what they say, new baby new flooring (or something like that, lol)
Or in my case new bedroom wallpaper, new bed linen and hopefully a new front door :rofl:
Any excuse!

:rofl:

any excuse indeed! i would love a new front door... my handle is all wobbly :haha:

So what do you ladies do for work that you are self-employed? Always intrigued as I have not worked in ages (looking after DS) and am getting itchy feet to get back into business.. I am having such a MEH day.. Went to aqua bump which is usually at 9.30 but nothing was happening so i asked someone who said it was at 11 due to school hols.. So I go back at 11 and am told 'no, it was at 10'.. Plus son is not well and I am just feeling grumpy. Poor DH..

Hello girlies :hi:

I just got back from the dentist where I needed a small filling. But she refused to do it and said it was fine until after the baby is here. good I bloody hate the dentist :D

Hope everyone is well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->