~~November Sparklers 2010 Official 3rd Tri Thread~(40 Baby Girls & 43 Baby Boys Born)

Morning Ladies

Sorry too hear so many of you are experiencing pains :hugs: It just shows how close we all are now!

I know the conversation has moved on a bit, but on the BMI front - I have high BMI too and cos of that have consultant led care - which means I have to give birth in the consultant unit rather than the MW one (and the MW one is all sparkly and new and so much nicer :( )The only other differences has been that I had to have extra GTT test and a meeting with the anaesthetists for them too check my back... which was good job we did as I have difficult spacing and will need epidural tap put in straight away... Ive not had any extra scans.. only saw my baby at 10 and 20 weeks

Got a MW appt today so if baby still breech I'll get another scan and will have too see from there

Lol xx

Yeah I have a high BMI..... 35 and 35 is the cut off point here for my first hospital choice and also for the midwife program. so very devastated but not much I can do it just made me realise I should really get myself into a healthier situation before I fall preggo next time.

I'm 34 weeks today :) only 1 week till the big 35 and then 2 weeks till my ticker moves up to the big old final box.

I am going for a growth scan tomorrow which I'm really looking forward too and I have a doctors appointment where I think and I'm hoping he tells me my c-section date. He told me to expect between the 13th and 15th and I'm really hoping for the 14th as it fits in perfectly with our schedules and stuff but thats a sunday so who knows .

I got my date today :happydance: so as long as my blood pressure starts behaving itself it is all systems go...if my blood pressure keeps creeping up then they told me they will be bringing the date forward!!

whoop whoop for gettin ur date dani

HH - i hope u get the date that u want xx

afm - had antenatl today :D was pretty relaxed affair, discussed how to know when ur in labour, their preferred contact route, options available at the hospital, birth positions and pain relief options,

there was only 3 ladies (and my hubby - who got time off work to come with) so its was really laid back, me and alison (my friend) ended up sitting on the floor cos the chairs were soo uncomfy

oh cool I have 4 days till my box moves to! makes me feel better getting to that one. Saturday is last box day! I have everything for my hospital bag now, my bedroom is all sorted new carpet down and cot attached to our bed and looks liek william will takje that so next baby in the middle, which ever way works least we have that sorted. My room looks lovely now! That leak was a god send if that didnt leak it would have been smelly old carpets, dirty purple walls, damp patch on ceiling (which was previous leaks) and leaky windows now its all cool looking with decals on the wall. I must get pics. New furniture the lot.

I have had a burst of energy and cleaning things i normally wouldnt be arsed with, which i should be getting back to but the anemia is still having effects so i have a splitting headahe and waiting for paracetamol to work here.

I was wondering when my ticker would change to the last box. Going to try to remember to pack my hospital bag today lol, babies bag is all ready to go. I bought one newborn outfit just in case he comes a little smaller than estimated :)

Oh god I've had stomach cramps today and got a massive shooting pain up my back - what the hell is she doing in there!? Lol

Hope everyone is well :) wish I got a growth scan. I really want to know how big she is in there *poke*

William was 8lbs 13oz and he filled a whole 0 to 3 month old baby grow and I had things bought for new born size that never ever fitted him.

Think it depends on the clothes-Ashton was 9lbs but his 0-3 month bbay grow was sooo big for him, we had to go buy him some new stuff so I am only taking newborn this time (and the 0-3 month sleepsuit we first out Ash in to keep up tradition :)

Sorry about your shooting pain, lying in bed last night, everytime I put my left leg over my right I got major tummy crump/BH, weird babies!

i'm not really sure if i've been getting BH or not :shrug: just uncomfy cramping... but then usually after that or before that bump goes hard so maybe it is BH

Sounds like BH to me :) Kinda feels like you were doing tummy crunches the day before so it is like tight but not really sore if that makes sense?

I have been to see the midwife today and updated her on my hospital appointment last week. I told her we had decided not to go for the ECV and she said taking everything into account for me, she thought that was a wise decision. She also said she thought I had done amazingly well to get to this point today as after reading my notes from my last pregnancy, when she first met me she didn't think I would make it to term. So yay me and Herbert!

Herbert was breech today and measuring 35 weeks, so still 2 weeks behind but as Herbs was estimated to weigh 5lb 9oz last Wednesday, we knew he/she was the smaller side of average. My midwife also says she would lay money on Herbert being a girl, hmmmm I still guess otherwise but that is all part of the fun of not knowing!

On the down side, I phoned up the Hospital to cancel my EVC and to ask what the procedure would now be as my consultant said that if we didn't want to go ahead, they would probably still want me to come in to discuss what happens next but when I called in, they would not let me cancel! A junior doctor phoned me back and then proceeded to spend the next 15 minutes telling me of all the things that could go wrong with a section and how all the risks I am worried about with a ECV are minor in comparison with the risks of a CS. I feel so confused now and pretty scared, my husband is so cross with them as it was not a decision we came to lightly. I dread to think what he will say tomorrow.

So I guess we will have to wait and see now.

I am guessing girl too Jo...mine is estimated at 6lbs 3ozs today, so very similar on weight...they say girl's are generally smaller!!

That was really naughty of them to say that to you on the phone :growlmad:

Just remember, that in a section you have a huge team of medical professional's around you, the margin for something going wrong really is very small.

:hugs:

How silly of them to do that.. Hun, I would totally ignore them-it's your decision and I wouldn't worry about the risks too much. There are risks with a natural birth too which is why they oftne end up in an emergency section which is so much worse than just knowing when you are going in.. When I was preg with Ashton I did not have one friend who had had a natural birth, they ALL had elective C-Sections and still do and them as well as their babies are fine and everything went well..
Sorry so long winded haha..
So if our baby was 6lbs4 at 36 weeks is that big/small?
xx

My son was 6lbs 7oz and wore preemies for the first 4 to 6 weeks I believe. Well, he could fit newborn but they were a bit too big, and preemies fit well. But the 0-3 months swallowed him whole, lol. But he had a big head, so could wear the hats haha.

I have received a bunch of preemies from my cousin, her daughter was born at 35 weeks and has now outgrown them, so if baby is a bit small atleast we will have some things to choose from for a couple weeks. Then I have a few newborns as well. So, I am happy enough with the clothes aspect now - my little girl wont have to look like a boy anymore. Haha.

bump shots, have i grown much. I see my ass and hips getting bigger but I dont know about bump.

https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/anneke1982/015.jpg
https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/anneke1982/022.jpg

35 week bump today
https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/anneke1982/002-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79