~~November Sparklers 2010 Official 3rd Tri Thread~(40 Baby Girls & 43 Baby Boys Born)

my nipples never leaked and managing to get out colostrum and milk starting to come through... just wish my flat nipples didnt fail me and LO could latch on properly :(

gg- have you talked to the LC about the flat nipples? i have this problem and there are things you can do to make latching better...

they are coming out on thursday to see me, in the mean time im making do with nipple shields and I am going to try using my pump to draw them out but its easier with shields as she doesnt get as frustrated or me and I know she gets a feed from them :(

i used ice cubes and nipple stimulation- if you are able to get her to latch for a few weeks the muscles get stronger and the problem almost went away- i promise it gets easier- just dont let her try to latch if nipples are still flat because one wrong latch will cause problems (i cracked and bled for a long time)

I got into a fight last night with my OH. I made the mistake of asking for a backrub, since my back was killing me....he hates giving backrubs and went off on a tangent about how all I ever do is ask for a backrub. Last night was the first time in months I asked for a backrub. So I ended up locking myself in the bedroom and crying myself to sleep. Im still pissed at him about it though, and my back STILL HURTS!

:hugs: Bartness

My OH doesn't give backrubs either. I don't ask too often, but I pretty much know i'll be shot down the second the words come out of my mouth. :rolleyes:

I got into a fight last night with my OH. I made the mistake of asking for a backrub, since my back was killing me....he hates giving backrubs and went off on a tangent about how all I ever do is ask for a backrub. Last night was the first time in months I asked for a backrub. So I ended up locking myself in the bedroom and crying myself to sleep. Im still pissed at him about it though, and my back STILL HURTS!

:hugs:
Perhaps you should explain how manufacturing a little human is not that easy and you're asking because it hurts! Perhaps he is nervous for the impending birth so taking it out in strange man-ways:dohh:

:hugs:
Perhaps you should explain how manufacturing a little human is not that easy and you're asking because it hurts! Perhaps he is nervous for the impending birth so taking it out in strange man-ways:dohh:

:haha: I love this! So true though! :thumbup:

Well, motherhood is calling! :haha: I PROBABLY wont be back on until tomorrow ladies. Tootles.

He's just anti backrubs in general, even before hand he would have a cow if I asked him. I tried to tell him that it was b/c of carrying around the extra weight, but he said "thats not an excuse" Eh...I'll try talking sense into him tonight, mabye he was upset about the Rangers loosing the world series.

they are coming out on thursday to see me, in the mean time im making do with nipple shields and I am going to try using my pump to draw them out but its easier with shields as she doesnt get as frustrated or me and I know she gets a feed from them :(

Your not suppose to use a pump for a few months, I couldnt ever get any out with a pump and I had several of them convinced they where all crap as my son could get more milk out evidently. So dont fret loads cant get much out with pumps and if you do you will end up making over supple. Have you got some cream to protect your nipples? it dosnt always hurt by the way its tough at the start and babies can feed up to 20 times a day. A sling is handy for walking about and feeding in and lying down is handy you get a rest to then. You can do it you have enough milk you just cant see it but it dosnt mean your baby is getting none. And babies can loose some weight just after they are born to thats normal and some think they need to hain loads and loads and suggest formula nope. :)

arent babies stomachs like the size of a big pea when they first come out? So they dont need hardly any milk at all to satisfy them?

indeed. It does process faster so they need fed more often and night time milk is the best which would explain why some babies just want food more and more at night. Metabolism is faster in breastfed babies from what I can see, william eats like a horse, poohs like mad and is still skinny. This is what helps with obesity not some magical thing. Guts are lined well and protected . :)

DF im learning that first hand now lol....Maddy eats and eats and poops all the time its crazy

Ya Ash was the same-he used to feed everry 2 hours (during the day) but then go 4/5 hours at night and everyone thought I was crazy feeding him so much but thats what he wanted and by 8 weeks he was sleeping through like 8 hours. He did carry on feeding every 2 hours during the day for like 9 months but hey, if it meant a good night's sleep then i really didnt mind!
You,as their mom, know best!!!

We have our names!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well im back from the doctor =)..

1 cent and 50% effaced.. doc said could be any day.. as hes engaged and ready to go.. if not i go back next week for another check and than if he doesn't arrive 2 weeks from tomorrow (17th) ill be induced at 6am =)

You feel like a cow and like your nipples will fall off but thats just the start . took me a while to start liking it to but it did get better :) sometimes people dont tell you these things and thats why people give up feeling they cant provide but its like that. Look what your growing to :) and its all your work! one of my greatest achievements anwyay.

Wow MW< very cool that things are happening for you!!! I have MW appt tomorrow, wonderif they would do a swwp if I asked..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->